3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my AOS interview on Aug 24. It was all fine except that they couldn't get a read on my fingerprints and they sent me off to get a special police clearance report before they could process anything further. Ironically enough, the police took my fingerprints AGAIN (even though they are almost illegible due to a skin condition) and although the FBI/Biometrics people couldn't get a read on them the MD state police could and sent me an all clear report. :dance:

Well, I am sending in my report to USCIS tomorrow morning. The problem is, my EAD/AP expire on Jan 18. If I get my greencard soon, this doesn't matter. However, the officer in the interview made a big fuss about how I should not expect to get it any sooner than a year. I'm sure he's saying that so I won't have any expectations, but everyone seems to be getting theirs within weeks of the approval. My local office is Baltimore BTW.

So.....if I renew my AP/EAD I have to fork over $350 and get new photos taken. It seems like a total waste if the GC arrives soon. However if something goes wrong, I need at least 3 months to get the renewals in place!

I suppose I should err on the side of caution and do the renewals even though it's probably money thrown out the window. I thought I should check with you guys first though.

What do you think?

Edited by Torontonian

Please check my profile for timeline info. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I LOVE your signature! :) I work for a great employer who would probably let me off, but I wouldn't want to put them in that position. *sigh* I guess I'll go ahead and renew. Thanks for the comment!

Please check my profile for timeline info. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.