susie91

Need to know the whole process for IR2

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have done some research but still cant really find all the information that I want on the processing of IR2. From what I understand so far... I am 20 years old and will turn 21 in april. My mother is married to a USC, they married before I was 18 which makes me her husbands step child. This means he can petition for me before I turn 21 and my age will freeze under the CSPA. I will be petitioned as an immediate relative which means I wont have to wait for a visa to become available. I really would like to know the exact process (i am living abroad in Australia) from filing the I-130 form to payments, medical, interview, to actually travelling over there. for example, can my step father pay for the whole thing from the US or will i have to make any payments my self like at the interview etc. When exactly does my green card get paid for, at the interveiw, at the air port???????? Also will i have to apply of AOS when i get over there or will i automatically have my green card once i go through customs?..

Some one please help, the internet sites provide information but its a little confusing and not really specific about everything.

Also they will be filing my petition through the vermont centre and at the moment their processing time is 45 days for this particular visa.

I REALLY JUST WANT TO KNOW EVERY MINOR DETAIL.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You posted this in the middle of the night US time, you need to give people some time to reply. IN the meantime, check out our Guides: http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet and then come back with any specific questions you may have.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You posted this in the middle of the night US time, you need to give people some time to reply. IN the meantime, check out our Guides: http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet and then come back with any specific questions you may have.

Righto no worries. Well i have already read through that several times. i put a few questions in my orginal post.

1. can my step father pay for the whole thing from the US or will i have to make any payments my self like at the interview etc.

2.When exactly does my green card get paid for, at the interveiw, at the air port????????

3. Also will i have to apply of AOS when i get over there or will i automatically have my green card once i go through customs?..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. Most can be paid in advance by your dad. You should bring some money to interview in case you need to pay for a courier to deliver your passport with visa back to you.

2. You pay for a visa, not a greencard. All payments are made by the time you interview. At the airport, you will get a stamp on your visa that acts as temporary greencard for a year, and your physical card will be delivered to your US address within 3 months.

3. No AOS, that is for fiance visa holders.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.