Daniel_B

entering the country while visa pending?

18 posts in this topic

My experience through the POE was as follows

CBP - Purpose of visit?

Me - Visiting Family and Friends

CBP - when are you leaving?

Me - 18th Feb

CBP - place your right hand on the plate

And that was that. I had all proof to hand of course, but didnt need it. I may need to visit again if processing times at CSC take as long as they have been.

I hope this has helped ease some worries of others but of course, no case is the same and every entry is different.

I love my husband!!

I-130 sent - 9/5/2011

NOA 1 received and routed to CSC - 9/22/2011

Petition Touched - 9/27/2011

Expedite Request sent - 02/24/2012

NOA 2 - 03/21/2012 (without need for expedite)

NVC Receive - 04/09/2012

Case Number Assigned -

• 4 months later...
Filed: Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

i also have an I-130 submitted.

I want to travel to the states to visit my UCS wife who's already there and going to give birth to our first child in 2 months time.

I'll apply for a visit visa next week at the Riyadh Embassy.

I have every intention to come back, ill take my job letter, residence papers etc,.....but should i tell the guy at the embassy that my wife is expecting and im only going there to witness the birth of my child and ill be back in a month along with my wife?

coz that's the truth. will it spoil or help my case?

Edited by Mishaal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol. I can't wait to enter the US. My wife & I are U-Hauling it down to Florida three years after we U-Hauled it up to Canada from Florida. It's going to be so much fun. We have a large dog I'm going to have to hold in the cabin and a cat which is going to stay in his crate. So that part may not be fun. But I love road trips. We shouldn't have a problem entering the US, but just in case, I will be bringing the following:

1) Rental Agreement;

2) Vehicle Registration;

3) Return Ticket Itinerary from Orlando to Edmonton;

4) Employment Verification Letter;

5) NOA1 Letter (if I've received it by then, I had to call USCIS to get the recipt number);

6) Recent Pay Stubs;

7) Packet that I sent into USCIS.

Our trip will be taking place on July 16 and once we cross the border we are going to breathe a sigh of relief. If I get turned away, my wife is screwed because she won't be able to move into her place on her own (bad back). I suppose we might be able to hire someone to help her, though. Also, I'm the one who makes the plans and reservations for stops along the way to Florida. She doesn't like driving long distances by herself. And she'll have a dog and a cat to think about, too.

I just pray to God that the CBP officer looks at the evidence and realizes I really will be returning. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly. I've entered the US hundreds of times before, even after I've been married, but my wife wasn't moving with all of our stuff at the time.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.