fm2002

Please review my Packet 4 contents

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Our interview is next week and here is everything we plan on turning into the US Embassy (along withe medicals). Are we missing anything? I included the stuff on the bottom to prove ongoing relationship and that we lived together in Thailand for the past 2 years. Also just in case, Proof of Domicile where we will be moving to. It's amazing that so much power is given to this interview.

Contents Include:

- Passport (Beneficiary)

- Birth Certificate (Beneficiary) Thai and Translated

- Marriage Certificate (Petitioner)

- Decree of Divorce (Petitioner)

- Application Form DS-230

- Application Form DS-156

- Application Form DS-156K

- Application Form DS-157

- Photographs 2 passport style photo (Beneficiary)

-Application Fee $350.00 or Thai equivalent

-Evidence of Financial Support

1) Form I-134 Affidavit of Support

2) Passport Copy (Petitioner)

3) Proof of Employment Letter

4) Petitioner’s Tax Return (Form 1040)

5) Proof of Assets (Letter from Bank listing current deposits)

-Police Records (Beneficiary)

- Proof of ongoing relationship

1) Recent Letter certifying Intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

2) Recent Photos taken together

3) I-129F Submitted Photos

4) Lease Agreements(s) Jomtien & Chiang Rai (Petitioner)

5) SCB Bank Account Book (Petitioner)

6) Bank Payments (Petitioner)

a. Rent Jomtien

b. Rent Chiang Rai

c. Internet (CAT Telecom) Jomtien & (BBB) Chiang Rai

e. AIS One to Call (Mobile Phone)

- Proof of Domicile

One thing that is sticking out in my mind is was all this info turned in with packet 3 or is this the first time the embassy will be seeing all of these documents? Except for the medical and the domicile most of that they should have had with packet 3. Is the USC already living in the US? If not make sure the beneficiary knows the plans well to explain to the CO.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Our interview is next week and here is everything we plan on turning into the US Embassy (along withe medicals). Are we missing anything? I included the stuff on the bottom to prove ongoing relationship and that we lived together in Thailand for the past 2 years. Also just in case, Proof of Domicile where we will be moving to. It's amazing that so much power is given to this interview.

Contents Include:

- Passport (Beneficiary)

- Birth Certificate (Beneficiary) Thai and Translated

- Marriage Certificate (Petitioner)

- Decree of Divorce (Petitioner)

- Application Form DS-230

- Application Form DS-156

- Application Form DS-156K

- Application Form DS-157

- Photographs 2 passport style photo (Beneficiary)

-Application Fee $350.00 or Thai equivalent

-Evidence of Financial Support

1) Form I-134 Affidavit of Support

2) Passport Copy (Petitioner)

3) Proof of Employment Letter

4) Petitioner’s Tax Return (Form 1040)

5) Proof of Assets (Letter from Bank listing current deposits)

-Police Records (Beneficiary)

- Proof of ongoing relationship

1) Recent Letter certifying Intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

2) Recent Photos taken together

3) I-129F Submitted Photos

4) Lease Agreements(s) Jomtien & Chiang Rai (Petitioner)

5) SCB Bank Account Book (Petitioner)

6) Bank Payments (Petitioner)

a. Rent Jomtien

b. Rent Chiang Rai

c. Internet (CAT Telecom) Jomtien & (BBB) Chiang Rai

e. AIS One to Call (Mobile Phone)

- Proof of Domicile

Submit what the P 3 indicates by mail. Hand carry the remainder. They may or may not even look at many of the things she will carry in. A lot of what you have isnt needed but you wont believe that & will feel better even when they dont want to see it. Your assets for example.

These cases are determined prior to the interview most of the time. You have done well in the preparation of the case & will have no problem with the result.

Consider submitting tax transcripts in place of the 1040. The 140 proves you filled out a form. Transcripts prove you filed & your tax status. Your fiance will not understand how to explain anything about taxes. Transcripts are free form IRS, on line, by phone or fax. Takes about 2 weeks by mail or you can get then by fax.

Timeline

Submit what the P 3 indicates by mail. Hand carry the remainder. They may or may not even look at many of the things she will carry in. A lot of what you have isnt needed but you wont believe that & will feel better even when they dont want to see it. Your assets for example.

These cases are determined prior to the interview most of the time. You have done well in the preparation of the case & will have no problem with the result.

Consider submitting tax transcripts in place of the 1040. The 140 proves you filled out a form. Transcripts prove you filed & your tax status. Your fiance will not understand how to explain anything about taxes. Transcripts are free form IRS, on line, by phone or fax. Takes about 2 weeks by mail or you can get then by fax.

Ning can you walk me through the process ? We've been many times to the embassy for adding pages to my passport or notary services. The last time we were there was in August and the room for American services is to the right and now they put a wall up so you can't walk to the other side which I'm guessing is where the VISA interviews are given. Anyway can you walk me through it ie;

Step 1: she walks to the security check

Step 2: ?

Step 3: ?

Step 4: ?

Timeline

Ning can you walk me through the process ? We've been many times to the embassy for adding pages to my passport or notary services. The last time we were there was in August and the room for American services is to the right and now they put a wall up so you can't walk to the other side which I'm guessing is where the VISA interviews are given. Anyway can you walk me through it ie;

Step 1: she walks to the security check

Step 2: ?

Step 3: ?

Step 4: ?

I havent been inside the embassy for a few years now so it would be best if another member helped you with this request. I am sure she will find the experiance easy in the end although its stressful for everyone as they go thru it.

Timeline

I havent been inside the embassy for a few years now so it would be best if another member helped you with this request. I am sure she will find the experiance easy in the end although its stressful for everyone as they go thru it.

Boy is that an under statement ! Sure hope your'e right Ning. You have been alot of help !

Timeline

More specifically I'm wondering what you turn over to the embassy prior to the interview ? (In my case window #6) Is it just the sealed medical envelopes or do you also turn over all the documents I listed ?

Timeline

More specifically I'm wondering what you turn over to the embassy prior to the interview ? (In my case window #6) Is it just the sealed medical envelopes or do you also turn over all the documents I listed ?

I would give them the medical & then let them ask for what they want. In a recent case they didnt want to see any additional info but you never know. She could just give them everything she has if she wants to. They wil look thru it if they want or just hand it back.

Keep in mind these officers see over 700 cases per month so they are good at what they do. They review the docs that are sent in & form their follow up needs as a result of that.

You have done well to have everything together. I dont see any reason to think there will be a problem. You might experiance what we did in the end. We went outside feeling good but also felt there was just one more thing we had to do. There was. Get to the airport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.