dustingthestars

Address of Registration and it's relationship to requesting a Police Certificate in Russia

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Another point has occurred to me regarding the eventual obtaining of my Russian Police Certificate and I wonder if someone in the know could help clue me in?

Having looked at my registration that my company completed on my behalf, and have continued to complete on my behalf, each and every time I've re-entered Russia, I notice that rather than my residential address that I live at being used, they list my company address. When I go to apply for my police certificate I want to be able to list my 2 residential addresses I've had in Russia and for them to match with the info that I will submit to USCIS and the Embassy at the appropriate time.

Will this cause a lot of issues down the line? or it is a real non-issue?

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Are they in different areas?

As long as they're in the same "district" you should be fine. If not, you'll probably have to get two reports.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Are they in different areas?

As long as they're in the same "district" you should be fine. If not, you'll probably have to get two reports.

I'm in Moscow and want to get my certificate before I leave. I just want to make sure that I don't get any issues for mentioning addresses that aren't on my registration when applying here?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm in Moscow and want to get my certificate before I leave. I just want to make sure that I don't get any issues for mentioning addresses that aren't on my registration when applying here?

They are not going to care about that but the certificate is for the entire country, you do not need to mention any addresses other than those registered. They may ask you to but you do not have to.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Yep. One should be good.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just a final question to anyone that's had one or seen one. Do they list addresses lived at on the certificate? or does it just say 'No convictions found' and list the region applied for? (In my case, Moscow)

Alla translates documents so a lot of them go through here. One of our sons got one because he is a student in Moscow IF you list multiple addresses they will list on the document the Oblasti you lived in and that there is no record in any of those Oblasti. Otherwise it just says no records. They do not list specific street addresses, only multiple Oblasti if you give them multiple addresses. You only need to give them your current registered address. The form is valid for the entire country. You only need one from Russia.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

It's 100% legal, however much that means in Russia, to be registered at your company rather than your address. There was a month or do last year where it wasn't, but now it's fine. Just put your residential addresses.

Первый блин комом.

Thanks to everyone for clarifying the situation. I just didn't want to have a police certificate that didn't match the addresses listed on the paperwork sent to USCIS. I can see this won't be case now as they don't seem concerned about your actual 'registered' address, just that you give them an address to 'run', so to speak...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.