RFEMAKEMECRAZY

Easy RFE ?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

You got an envelope????

I read on VJ to mark the outside of the envelope (the side with the flap) with RFE in big letters so that there is no doubt what it is.

Mine would have fit in a normal envelope, but it would have been a bit tight. How many pages are you sending? Is it what was requested or are you fluffing it up with extra stuff?

I just used a typical full-sized envelope (so no pages were folded or bent) and sent ours return-receipt so that I would KNOW they got it. They didn't touch it after that for over a month.

Good luck.

Edited by EminTX

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

You got an envelope????

I read on VJ to mark the outside of the envelope (the side with the flap) with RFE in big letters so that there is no doubt what it is.

Mine would have fit in a normal envelope, but it would have been a bit tight. How many pages are you sending? Is it what was requested or are you fluffing it up with extra stuff?

I just used a typical full-sized envelope (so no pages were folded or bent) and sent ours return-receipt so that I would KNOW they got it. They didn't touch it after that for over a month.

Good luck.

Is "RFE" a USCIS term or a VJ term? If the latter, I don't think writing "RFE" on the envelope will help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Is "RFE" a USCIS term or a VJ term? If the latter, I don't think writing "RFE" on the envelope will help.

Check out this official USCIS link:

RFE Project

See that clickable link right there above the word PROJECT?

While writing that on the envelope didn't seem to help me (or maybe it did--who knows, maybe when my aprover got back from a month's vacation, then s/he said--"Oh, this should be easy..."), I don't see how it can hurt.

I am willing to do anything that is cost-free or pain-free, if it can help. (That is why I have a link to MY RFE ADVICE in my signature. It is something K-1 filers can do while they are waiting and writing back and forth to each other anyway and would only cost them the amount of ink it takes to add one or two lines to any of their letters. This was something that was requested, and to be told to get something in a hurry that I could have done painlessly several months ago, well... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.)

Edited by EminTX

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.