AJabad

NOA2 Received in mail

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone and also thanks again VJ for giving us the helpful information going through our K-1 Fiancee Petition Process. I received the NOA2 on January 25, 2012 and would like to know the next step? Should I go ahead and contact NVC to follow up on our Case Status or just wait until we received the mail coming from them? Also, what are the documents do we need to prepare after getting the NOA2? How soon should we start gathering these documents? My Fiancee lives in the Philippines and I would like to know what she needs to prepare? Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and god bless..

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

you have to follow the instruction from your NOA2. in my case, we got the next step for 30 days. the NVC will contact the beneficiary about the next step. and it would be you case number and invoice identification number.

06-30-2011- I-130 filed (marked as our PD)

07-09-2011- NOA1

12-09-2011- I-130 Approved

01-09-2012- case number and IIN assigned, ds-3032 and AOS bill invoiced

01-09-2012- AOS paid online

01-10-2012- AOS fee PAID

01-15-2012- emailed DS-3032

01-19-2012- DS-3032 accepted

01-19-2012- IV fee invoiced

01-20-2012- IV fee paid online

01-24-2012- IV fee PAID

01-24-2012- mailed AOS form

01-25-2012- mailed DS230 (via fedex)

02-01-2012- RFE NBI and ds230 part 2 should be submitted

02-02-2012- RFE sent to NVC

02-10-2012-case completed INTERVIEW SCHEDULED (March 13,2012)

02-16-2012-medical examination PASSED

...preparing for interview

03-13-2012- VISA APPROVED!!!

Hello everyone and also thanks again VJ for giving us the helpful information going through our K-1 Fiancee Petition Process. I received the NOA2 on January 25, 2012 and would like to know the next step? Should I go ahead and contact NVC to follow up on our Case Status or just wait until we received the mail coming from them? Also, what are the documents do we need to prepare after getting the NOA2? How soon should we start gathering these documents? My Fiancee lives in the Philippines and I would like to know what she needs to prepare? Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and god bless..

Hi,

Pls let me know the date of your NOA2, not the date the you receive the hard copy. Give 7 days from the date your Petition was approved. then call NVC at 603-334-0700, just give them your USCIS receipt number to pull out your file. The operator can give you your case number if they have received the petition already, the number will start MNL********** and they will also inform you if your petition has been forwarded already to US Embassy in Manila.

Wait at least another week or 10 days and email the US Embassy in Manila ( IVManilaReplies@state.gov ) and ask if they got your Petition, If they will respond that they got it already.. you are now ready to start the processing of your fiance's visa and follow the guidelines and instructions below:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

Just to give you a time frame.. mine was approved last Nov 14, 2011 and US Embassy in Manila received the approved petition last Nov 29, 2011.

Good luck!

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

7/1/2011.. NOA1 receipt date
7/9/2011.. NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved
11/14/2011.. Approved NOA2 recieved via email/text
11/22/2011.. NVC forwarded Approved I-129F Petition to US Embassy Philippine
11/29/2011.. US Embassy in Manila Recieved our Petition
1/20/2012.. Medical Exam (Passed)
2/28/2012.. Interview! Approved!
3/1/12... CFO counseling Done!
3/7/12.. Visa on hand
3/10/12... POE @ Honolulu, HI.. Yeheeeeeey!
3/31/12... Wedding <3 <3 <3
Adjustment of Status Journey
4/24/12... AOS Mailed
4/30/12... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of AOS & EAD receipt
5/7/12... AOS/EAD NOA1 Hard Copy Received
6/11/12... Biometrics Appointment
6/22/12... 2nd Biometrics appointment scheduled 7/17/12 but walked in in an early date.
6/27/12... Text/Email Received (Card Production for EAD)
7/7/12... EAD Card Received! smile.png Yeheeeeey!

8/13/12... Interview (Approved) email/text received I-485 on card production! smile.png
8/21/12... Green Card on Hand! Yeheeey! Thank God!

Stepson I-130 Petition

12/27/13... Mailed I-130 to Phoenix lockbox via USPS Express Mail

12/31/13... NOA1 Priority Date

1/6/14... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of receipt. LIN****** case number assigned & routed to Nebraska Service Center

1/11/14.. NOA1 Hard copy received

1/17/14... Petition approved! Notification received via email/text (Thank God. 17 days only)/Approved petition mailed to Department of State! Notification via text/email

1/23/14... NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

NVC Stage

1/29/14... NVC received approved petition

3/7/14... Case Number Assigned (MNL**********)

3/11/14... Received AOS bill & Paid AOS/ Submitted DS-261

3/17/14... Mailed AOS Package

3/18/14... Forgot to Sign the I-864A, mailed another form with my signature affixed on I-864A

3/25/14... Recieved/Paid IV fee (Mailed DS-260 additional requirements)

3/27/14... Submitted DS-260 Online

Waiting.... Hopefully no Checklist. :)

4/24/14... Case Complete

6/23/14... Interview date! Huraaaay! APPROVED! More Hurray! :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Give NVC about a week then call to see if your packet has arrived there, lately it seems NVC is getting backed up so it could take longer but call anyway (some have been waiting a month). Once you get your MNL # send that to your Fiancee as she can now go to BPI and pay her visa fee (make sure she has her passport). Wait a day then she can go online to schedule her interview with the embassy.

Hopefully she has been gathering all the necessary documents and you have everything ready you need to FedEx (or whichever) to her. Then it is physical, CFO, interview to complete.

Check the GUIDE out at the top for better detail.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.