KGHLIB

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I was going through various posts on Visa Journey & thought it would be best if I write to you directly than post my situation. I would greatly appreciate if you could guide me a bit.

I am the USC & my husband's 2nd anniversary falls Feb 2007.

A few points that could go against us:

1) I haven't put my husband's name on the Co-op apartment I own, because I bought it before my husband was here.

2) My husband & I stayed at the same place from Jan 2005 through June 2005. He couldn't find a suitable job in PA as he was making a career change. He moved to CA as he got a break with a big corporation with prospects to move to NJ down the line. He stayed in CA for one year & subsequently his company moved him to NJ. During the time he stayed in CA, I made 3 trips there & have the air tickets as evidence. Currently he stays in NJ & I in PA, but he visits me every single weekend. We have the toll passes to prove this. We are both trying to move towards each other & interviewing for suitable jobs. We have made phone calls to each every single day average lasting for 1 hour & probably can substantiate with monthly statements.

3) My husband is going to visit his native country for 3 months around end of February (the time his temporary green card expires).

A few points in favor of us:

1) My husband bought a car while in CA & we jointly own it. The insurance on the car is also jointly held.

2) We have 2 different bank accounts & 1 credit card jointly held.

3) We are the benefeciaries of each other's life insurance policies.

4) My husband has me listed under the health insurance plan of his company.

5) We filed the tax returns for 2005 jointly.

6) We can get affidavits supporting our marriage from common friends & office colleagues.

Based on the facts above, do you think we have a good chance? What we are worried about most is that we haven't lived together physically for the majority of the time. I would greatly appreciate your opinion & suggestions if any.

Thank you very much.

Hello,

I was going through various posts on Visa Journey & thought it would be best if I write to you directly than post my situation. I would greatly appreciate if you could guide me a bit.

I am the USC & my husband's 2nd anniversary falls Feb 2007.

A few points that could go against us:

1) I haven't put my husband's name on the Co-op apartment I own, because I bought it before my husband was here.

2) My husband & I stayed at the same place from Jan 2005 through June 2005. He couldn't find a suitable job in PA as he was making a career change. He moved to CA as he got a break with a big corporation with prospects to move to NJ down the line. He stayed in CA for one year & subsequently his company moved him to NJ. During the time he stayed in CA, I made 3 trips there & have the air tickets as evidence. Currently he stays in NJ & I in PA, but he visits me every single weekend. We have the toll passes to prove this. We are both trying to move towards each other & interviewing for suitable jobs. We have made phone calls to each every single day average lasting for 1 hour & probably can substantiate with monthly statements.

3) My husband is going to visit his native country for 3 months around end of February (the time his temporary green card expires).

A few points in favor of us:

1) My husband bought a car while in CA & we jointly own it. The insurance on the car is also jointly held.

2) We have 2 different bank accounts & 1 credit card jointly held.

3) We are the benefeciaries of each other's life insurance policies.

4) My husband has me listed under the health insurance plan of his company.

5) We filed the tax returns for 2005 jointly.

6) We can get affidavits supporting our marriage from common friends & office colleagues.

Based on the facts above, do you think we have a good chance? What we are worried about most is that we haven't lived together physically for the majority of the time. I would greatly appreciate your opinion & suggestions if any.

Thank you very much.

HI! I am sure you gonna be fine if you have an evidence as joint ownerships and etc...

You guys have already proved that your marrigae was real when your husband was granted the Conditional Permanet Residence Status. Now ,you dont have to worry about anything and its upon INS to determine the Removal of The conditions.If u have all the neccessary evidence to prove about the eligibility of your marriage upon the satisfaction of the INS ,you dont have to worry about anything.

I was reading a topic in another forum and the lady's I-751 was approved and she received her physical Green Card though they were residing in the different States all the time.

So the Approval depends whether the INs satisfied with the evidence .

The thing is that if ur husband the Petititioner didnt notify the INS about the Change of Adress there might be some issue., but if ur primarily Residence is in PA you should mention that adress ion the Application i guess as a primarily one and the Ca adress as the secondary one. See.a lost of married couple own multiple houses all over the country but the Primary Residence considered the residence where you pay the mortgage and monthly bills and reside there 100% at a time.

I wouldnt suggest your husband Not to go to his native country as his GC is gonna expire as u say.

Why dont you guys wait for the Removal of the Conditions as it takes 6 month only.

Best wishes. (F)

Sincerely.

Thanks for your reply. I feel more comfortable now.

I was just wondering if anybody know of a similar case where the couple lived in separate states due to work.

Another issue pertaining to joint ownership, is that I purchased residence before my husband arrived to the US. Is this going to ben issue with INS?

Please note that eventhough we lived in different states, I visited him three times during that one year. Also, eventhough we don't own property jointly, we do own the following jointly:

Car and its insurance

Mutual beneficiaries of life and 401k

Health insurance

Bank accounts and credit card

Any feedback on this is really really appreciated

Thanks

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was just wondering if anybody know of a similar case where the couple lived in separate states due to work.

Another issue pertaining to joint ownership, is that I purchased residence before my husband arrived to the US. Is this going to ben issue with INS?

One of the moderators at the following group, Noorah101, has been living in a separate state from her husband, so I know she follows the topic closely. She hasn't done I-751 yet, but they did do AOS & the subject of living apart comes up very frequently there. You mihgt find the lawyer Folinskyinla's comments more encouraging.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdispla...prune=&f=35

I also owned my own home before my husband moved over. Since it would've been an un-needed expense to add him to the mortgage (you can't 'add' someone), we put his name on the deed to the property. That tactic is not for everyone; please get your own legal/marital counseling first. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Please note that eventhough we lived in different states, I visited him three times during that one year. Also, eventhough we don't own property jointly, we do own the following jointly:

Car and its insurance

Mutual beneficiaries of life and 401k

Health insurance

Bank accounts and credit card

Any feedback on this is really really appreciated

Thanks

HI!

Also when u gonna file the I-751 dont forget to submit few Affidavits from your friends and family members stating that they know u as a couple and etc...

Dont forget to submit the pictures .

If u dont have a lots of joint documents i would suggest to submit as more pictures as possible.

Best wishes. (F)

Sincerely.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Affidavits do not have to be notarized (recent thread can be searched out on the word 'jurat') and they are NOT a requirement.

There are two very differing camps on this topic, but you should know that you are not required to send testimony from friends and family about your relationship.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-751.pdf

Pretty straight forward. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.