5 posts in this topic

Timeline

I need to rant about something before it eats me up.

Story. My friend and I, both married to Soldiers, she's German, I am an Australian submit I130s same day. Mine was approved Jan 4, hers Jan 5. My husband left on Army Orders dec 27th 2011, Hers Leaveing this Saturday. Las week on Tuesday after emailing, the visa unit sent me an email saying they received and processed my i130 and have scheduled my interview for feb 1. So two weeks wait, but ok, i worte back asking for conslar pick up so we coud join my husband asap, they write back and say frankfurt doesnt offer onslate pick up. Then 2 days later they receive and process my friends, give her an appointment for this Tuesday (as in 24 Jan) give her consular pick up for this Friday so she can fly with her Husband on Saturday. I am happy for my friend, but why are they making me wait two weeks???? They gave her one in a few days. I am heart broken. This is very very unfair!!!!!

That seems oddly arbitrary, might it have something to do with her being a German citizen and you Australian? That seems to be the only differentiating factor between you two.

If there is some channel within the military that you can make use of to complain to with regards to the decisions made regarding each of your cases at USCIS/DOS I would see about using them if that factor is not relevant in the decision made by USCIS.

Timeline

It's so annoying. She was issued an interview, had the interview and picked up her packetin the span of a week. My husbands been gone over a month now, and it so hard. But my interview is in a few days and I am prayig they let pick it up so I can leave next weekend! How's your case going? Ay good news?

I received a call on Friday to come on Monday to drop off my passport, I sort of stammered thank you like 10 times and then hung up the phone.

I did however forget to ask whether this meant my visa was approved, but I cannot imagine that it means that it is not at this point. I cannot imagine they would need my passport for anything other than to put a visa in it and everyone who I spoke to said that this is almost always a very good sign. I will be calling on Monday first thing to confirm and then to ask whether I need to bring anything other than my passport as well.

Best wishes with your journey! Hope that you can pick up the packet and be reunited with your husband asap!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.