ninamyers

Medical done, now I wait...

3 posts in this topic

Had the medical in London yesterday, was quite painless, and was done within 40 minutes of me arriving. The process was exactly as described in the pinned threads above so won't bore you with the details again! I was told that I need a mumps vaccination again, as each component of the MMR needs to be had twice, and I'm missing a mumps. I thought that just one MMR would be enough, but apparently not, so just a warning to anyone!

Does anyone know if you can still get the mumps by itself? I don't mind having the whole MMR again but would probably rather limit my intake of unnecessary vaccine...

My police certificate arrived today, this being 30 days after the date on the receipt they sent me, not too bad methinks, and in plenty of time for my interview... I don't even have a date yet!

To anyone getting photos, the 449 Oxford Street photo place is up lots of rickety stairs and easy to miss if you're not careful. I was in and out in 5 minutes, not bad at all!

Hope all is well,

Maria x

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

hi there

congrats on getting through this part of the process..i would contact your local doctor to find out about the mumps thing..i always thought it was a seperate thing too..

oh by the way did you get a copy of your vaccination sheet from your doc u will need it down the track..also when u do get the needle ask your doctor for a letter stating you have had it and staple it to your copy of your vaccination sheet...i dont know if u have to go back to the medical examiner to get your vaccination sheet refilled either..things to think about though huh...

good luck for interview

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Timeline
Had the medical in London yesterday, was quite painless, and was done within 40 minutes of me arriving. The process was exactly as described in the pinned threads above so won't bore you with the details again! I was told that I need a mumps vaccination again, as each component of the MMR needs to be had twice, and I'm missing a mumps. I thought that just one MMR would be enough, but apparently not, so just a warning to anyone!

Does anyone know if you can still get the mumps by itself? I don't mind having the whole MMR again but would probably rather limit my intake of unnecessary vaccine...

My police certificate arrived today, this being 30 days after the date on the receipt they sent me, not too bad methinks, and in plenty of time for my interview... I don't even have a date yet!

To anyone getting photos, the 449 Oxford Street photo place is up lots of rickety stairs and easy to miss if you're not careful. I was in and out in 5 minutes, not bad at all!

Hope all is well,

Maria x

NHS doctors don't usually give the mumps vaccine by itself because the WHO and NICE pretty much demand the MMR. You might be able to get it privately, or your NHS doctor might do it for you since you're a grownup and not a paranoid mother terrified that her wee'uns will become autistic.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.