MrsAmera

The Notion is back...

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We went to an infopass appointment on September 12th and were told "EAD still pending, AP pending, GC pending sorry they'll let you know" I tried to pressure the lady and she just said "oh sorry I just can' tell you anything because there's nothing here to tell you." Nice thanks. I think this is when he really really got depressed. When we filed his EAD and AP papers I said "if we don't get the EAD in 3 months we can go get it" so the 3 months were horribly long to wait and then they changed the regulations. I have since contacted my senator's office but we haven't heard a thing yet. I guess if we don't hear anything else by the end of this week then I'll make another Infopass appointment and try again. It hurts so bad to see the disapointment on his face as he gets more disillusioned with this whole process.

Soul_encounter --- I know the adjustment process is a hard one and I think if he could just go visit for a few weeks it would really help. We really wanted this to take place during the next month or two so that he could for sure be here for the baby being born and afterwards. He says he doesn't want to go back right after the baby is born and leave me here alone with the 2 kids. So if he doesn't get it in a few weeks then it won't be until February/March that he would be going back. He's been here for 9 months now, before he moved here he had never been away from his family for more than 1 week (and he was with me during that week!) - so I know it's a really big struggle for him. Not to mention the pressure from his family everytime he calls asking when he is coming. (side note - your job sounds awesome - I have a degree in intl. politics and that's exactly what I want to do - PM me sometime I'd love to talk about it more!)

John_and_marlene --- I thought that the days of overstays only accumulated until you filed AOS, so while we didn't file in the 90 days following his arrival we did file over 4 months ago. Or do overstays count until your GC is approved??

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i know the home sickness is hard expecially since he has never been away from home for more then a week but it will be ok. i know it took hassan a good year to get over it.

his parent also gave him the guilt trip over not coming to visit for 2 years. every week when he called it was like...when u coming home for a visit. then he would say i dont know and they would say im going to die before seeing u again. they didnt seam to understand that he wasnt working and didnt want me to have to pay for his trip so he waited til he could do it for himself.

well anyway. i know ur pregnant and getting closer every day to delivery but try taking him on little weekend trips and things to help keep his mind off of things.

i cant beleieve they changed the work authorization thing. it used to be after 3 months u can go get one. guess they just dont want to take the time and little extra work to get a person working. that just sucks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.