SamS

Utah Driver’s License

18 posts in this topic

Not according to the Utah Drivers Handbook. It says it there in black and white. You also don't get a grace period to get your license, you have to get it straight away according to the DMV, but they won't issue it. Very strange.

As you can see this is the text from the handbook, the bold items are what was provided to the man in the office but he all he did was shake his head and let someone else deal with the customer. It seems to me the state employee's don't actually know what they are doing.

Basee, I intend to take the paperwork with me again and ask them to talk to someone else. I wouldn't mind but I've been licensed here before as well. Good thing I don't have to take another driving test I don't think I could drive bad enough to pass the test hehe.

technically you can be issued one but if you used your passport instead of EAD/GC, they will base the expiration of the temporary card on your I-94. if based on your timeline, it will expire on April. i actually made the same argument before with DLD and here was my thread on that (same requirements for Utah state ID) http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/340968-state-id-and-learners-permit

btw, which office did you try to apply at? i applied in West Valley office and they only have one person responsible for checking SAVE status. her name is Carla, and they are gonna have you call her if your status is pending.

event.png

Visa

=======================================
02.11.2011 ~ sent K1 visa application
02.16.2011 ~ NOA1
03.21.2011 ~ NOA2
04.13.2011 ~ Packet 3 received
05.16.2011 ~ Interview (approved)
05.21.2011 ~ visa received

AOS
10.13.2011 ~ sent AOS application
10.21.2011 ~ NOA
11.14.2011 ~ biometrics appointment (AOS & EAD)
01.06.2012 ~ received EAD/AP combo card (has expiration date error)
04.27.2012 ~ GC production

ROC

02.26.2014 ~ sent ROC application

03.06.2014 ~ NOA (USCIS CSC)

03.27.2014 ~ biometrics appointment

06.20.2014 ~ GC production

N-400

02.03.2015 ~ sent N-400 application

02.10.2015 ~ NOA

03.27.2015 ~ In Line notification

03.30.2015 ~ Interview text notification

05.04.2015 ~ Interview: APPROVED!

05.15.2015 ~ 'MURICAN!

technically you can be issued one but if you used your passport instead of EAD/GC, they will base the expiration of the temporary card on your I-94. if based on your timeline, it will expire on April. i actually made the same argument before with DLD and here was my thread on that (same requirements for Utah state ID) http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/340968-state-id-and-learners-permit

btw, which office did you try to apply at? i applied in West Valley office and they only have one person responsible for checking SAVE status. her name is Carla, and they are gonna have you call her if your status is pending.

The SAVE paperwork came back with my Entry date being the 14th April 2012. How that works I don't know. I live right near the West Valley office, but since I couldn't get an appointment there until sometime in the middle of April we went to the Draper location instead and got seen instantly. They told me to come back on the 15th because the guy behind the glass said I will get a new I-94 before then, which is the first time I've heard about that. And to be honest I don't believe him in the slightest.

The thing that bugs me is our auto insurance requires me to have a driving license issued from the state, as the Law states I can't reside here without it, but the state won't follow it's own rules. I'm going to give up and wait until I either have my GC or move out of this state in July, and tell the insurance company to get over it.

about the entry date: that is weird...it should've been the I-94's expiration date

event.png

Visa

02.11.2011 ~ sent K1 visa application
02.16.2011 ~ NOA1
03.21.2011 ~ NOA2
04.13.2011 ~ Packet 3 received
05.16.2011 ~ Interview (approved)
05.21.2011 ~ visa received

AOS
10.13.2011 ~ sent AOS application
10.21.2011 ~ NOA
11.14.2011 ~ biometrics appointment (AOS & EAD)
01.06.2012 ~ received EAD/AP combo card (has expiration date error)
04.27.2012 ~ GC production

ROC

02.26.2014 ~ sent ROC application

03.06.2014 ~ NOA (USCIS CSC)

03.27.2014 ~ biometrics appointment

06.20.2014 ~ GC production

N-400

02.03.2015 ~ sent N-400 application

02.10.2015 ~ NOA

03.27.2015 ~ In Line notification

03.30.2015 ~ Interview text notification

05.04.2015 ~ Interview: APPROVED!

05.15.2015 ~ 'MURICAN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.