Sling

My short story for you guys between NOA1 and interview

3 posts in this topic

Well...

ok...

ok..,

done...

got the entire story?

Well basically this site helped me a lot with extra info, but made me more paranoid about everything. I mean it is bad for your health but good for the documents. For example, I tripled checked stuff or even more. Like the 129F, I revised it 5 times before I finally got it right. I first made a mistake by not signing my name fully. Second mistake made by the notary by puting the seal above her signature (it should be always below her signature). But anyway...

It all started with my attorney that delayed me exactly by one week. She didn't seem t care and took her time. I had to tell her please ship me stuff to sign next day air. She wanted to send by 2-day mail priority. 2. I also made a mistake by not collecting few items before going to see my fiancee. I thought I'll do it after, but in reality it took me 3 days to collect the stuff. That was mistake number one. Because of this was done earlier we might have had the interview almost 2 weeks earlier. But anyway attorney ships my petition to Vermont Center mid of August (almost half a month later). Now I see that people are getting approved after a week, etc, by end of august I was loosing my patience and suddently on Sept 1 I was approved, I wasn't that suprised because I had 3 touches. And I noticed after 3rd touch usually it's approval. Now they send out the petition to NVC on a saturday (mine got approved friday). So they do work on Saturday, I got touched on Sat. The Mail got to NVC by Wed - I called them thursday - and gave me a NVC number. So I call Friday again, nothing. So I decided not to bug them till next thursday - I thought that wouldn't help calling. Now I get a letter thursday - dated tuesday, that we will forward the petition in a week. I am like woohoo, great. Now I call that day and ask, and they confirm that yes, we even fwarded the petition on the same day tuesday. I am like great. SO I track down the package and noticed it arrives in moscow on thursday same day I called. I call Fri embassy, embassy has no idea. Few days pass, I call embassy Tuesday, they have no idea. And I just leave alone the entire thing, I don't call for a week untill next Tuesday. They say oh something is happening, please call tommorow same time we will have more information. So I call Wed, they say, oh we have interview date, bla bla, I'm like not very thrilled because it got pushed out and the holidays... They also said..oh we received it. So I'm thinking either the moscow embassy doesn't get it directly or another place handles the DHL mail then forwards. Because it took the embassy 2 weeks to fianlly see my petition. So Monday I sent a package with the 129F to my fiancee and it seems fedex is taking their sweet time. You just have to try sending stuff with all 3, I mean fedex is usually fast but UPS could be faster or even DHL. So here is my lame story. Enjoy the forum... now its just the interview...

Vermont Service Center...

- Aug 14th - I-129F Arrived

- Aug 15 - NOA1

- Aug 17th - Check cashed

- Aug 18th - touched

- Aug 24th - touched

- Aug 29th - touched!

- Sept 1st - touched??

- Sept 1st - approved little later after being touched!!

- Sept 2nd - touched - sent stuff to NVC?

- Sept 6th - NVC Received my case

- Sept 12th - petition forwarded to embassy

- Sept 14th - embassy receives it

- Dec.. - passes interview! .. Arrived to the US!

- Jan 15th - got married in vegas!!

- Jan 26th - went to SS office to apply and change last name

- Feb 8th - Received SS card with new last name!

- Feb 19th - Chicago received my application - delivered

- End of May Interview

- Less than 2 weeks later. Green card in the mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well...

ok...

ok..,

done...

got the entire story?

Well basically this site helped me a lot with extra info, but made me more paranoid about everything. I mean it is bad for your health but good for the documents. For example, I tripled checked stuff or even more. Like the 129F, I revised it 5 times before I finally got it right. I first made a mistake by not signing my name fully. Second mistake made by the notary by puting the seal above her signature (it should be always below her signature). But anyway...

It all started with my attorney that delayed me exactly by one week. She didn't seem t care and took her time. I had to tell her please ship me stuff to sign next day air. She wanted to send by 2-day mail priority. 2. I also made a mistake by not collecting few items before going to see my fiancee. I thought I'll do it after, but in reality it took me 3 days to collect the stuff. That was mistake number one. Because of this was done earlier we might have had the interview almost 2 weeks earlier. But anyway attorney ships my petition to Vermont Center mid of August (almost half a month later). Now I see that people are getting approved after a week, etc, by end of august I was loosing my patience and suddently on Sept 1 I was approved, I wasn't that suprised because I had 3 touches. And I noticed after 3rd touch usually it's approval. Now they send out the petition to NVC on a saturday (mine got approved friday). So they do work on Saturday, I got touched on Sat. The Mail got to NVC by Wed - I called them thursday - and gave me a NVC number. So I call Friday again, nothing. So I decided not to bug them till next thursday - I thought that wouldn't help calling. Now I get a letter thursday - dated tuesday, that we will forward the petition in a week. I am like woohoo, great. Now I call that day and ask, and they confirm that yes, we even fwarded the petition on the same day tuesday. I am like great. SO I track down the package and noticed it arrives in moscow on thursday same day I called. I call Fri embassy, embassy has no idea. Few days pass, I call embassy Tuesday, they have no idea. And I just leave alone the entire thing, I don't call for a week untill next Tuesday. They say oh something is happening, please call tommorow same time we will have more information. So I call Wed, they say, oh we have interview date, bla bla, I'm like not very thrilled because it got pushed out and the holidays... They also said..oh we received it. So I'm thinking either the moscow embassy doesn't get it directly or another place handles the DHL mail then forwards. Because it took the embassy 2 weeks to fianlly see my petition. So Monday I sent a package with the 129F to my fiancee and it seems fedex is taking their sweet time. You just have to try sending stuff with all 3, I mean fedex is usually fast but UPS could be faster or even DHL. So here is my lame story. Enjoy the forum... now its just the interview...

I myself have a situation i am not happy about at all. Cairo Embassy recieved my fiance's petition on August 31, and mailed him packet 3 he has not recieved it. I have had to continually email the Embassy to find out why he has not recieved his packet 3 it is so frustrating because i know he should have gotten it by now. So my lawyer advised me to email them once again and tell them he has not recieved it. I found the visa application online and the other apps. that he needs under the Consular website for Cairo but i am not sure if i can use this to send in along with everything else that he needs with packet 3. Personally i think my lawyer is supposed to be doing all this. I told my fiance when he gets here we both agree to hire another lawyer. I am not happy at all with his ridiculous work. There is always a mountain to climb it seems like. But i know its all in the name of love (L)

AJ1 :dance::thumbs:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.