AR y MD

i NEED SOME HELP PLZ VJ MEMBERS!!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK SO I JUST GOT A LETTER FROM THE NVC STATING THAT THEY ARE SENDING MY FIANCES INFORMATION TO JUAREZ. hOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY FIANCE TO GET PAKET 3. THE LETTER SAYS WITHIN A WEEK BUT NOT REALLY SURE. aLSO IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN TRACK IF THEY SENT IT OR NOT? cAUSE IM AFRAID THAT HE WILL NEVER GET IT SINCE HERE HE LIVES ITS A VERY SMALL TOWN.

MY SECOND QUESTION IS WHAT THINGS SHOULD I START MAKING COPIES OF? HOW HOW MANY?? I HAVE A LIST OF THE PAPERS BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE??

MY LAST QUESTION IS. FOR THE I-134 IF I NEED A CO SIGNER I STILL NEED TO DO ONE FOR ME RIGHT? AND WHAT PAPERS WOULD MY DAD AND I NEED TO COLLECT, LETTERS FOR OUR BOSS, TAXES PAPER OR WHAT??

THANK YOU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

OK SO I JUST GOT A LETTER FROM THE NVC STATING THAT THEY ARE SENDING MY FIANCES INFORMATION TO JUAREZ. hOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY FIANCE TO GET PAKET 3. THE LETTER SAYS WITHIN A WEEK BUT NOT REALLY SURE. aLSO IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN TRACK IF THEY SENT IT OR NOT? cAUSE IM AFRAID THAT HE WILL NEVER GET IT SINCE HERE HE LIVES ITS A VERY SMALL TOWN.

MY SECOND QUESTION IS WHAT THINGS SHOULD I START MAKING COPIES OF? HOW HOW MANY?? I HAVE A LIST OF THE PAPERS BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE??

MY LAST QUESTION IS. FOR THE I-134 IF I NEED A CO SIGNER I STILL NEED TO DO ONE FOR ME RIGHT? AND WHAT PAPERS WOULD MY DAD AND I NEED TO COLLECT, LETTERS FOR OUR BOSS, TAXES PAPER OR WHAT??

THANK YOU

Hi. It took a while.. you can look at my timeline, but I think it took a couple of months from the NVC to the Embassy in Paris to my fiance. They had to do background checks and all of that. I couldn't track it once it was in Paris. Yes, make copies of everything, get organized. I made three copies of the same file. YOu need to show that you are employed, check stubs, ( I got a letter from my employment)but I didn't include my taxes. I also included my 401 K statement and a bank statement ( cross out your acct. numbers!!!). Hope that helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

THANK YOU

It was 16 days from the time I received the NVC letter to the time I received the interview invitation letter (also known as "Packet 3"). The interview invitation letter was sent to me here in the US and my fiancee in Mexico. I received it first and she got it about a week later in Mexico. As far as what to make copies of... EVERYTHING! Then there's no question of leaving anything out. Make copies of birth certificates, passport pages, receipts, plane tickets... all of it.

We didn't use a cosigner so I'm afraid I can't help you with the last question. You should be receiving the interview invitation letter soon so congrats! Your long period of waiting will be over in about 2 weeks.

K-1 Visa
04-29-2011: I-129F Sent
05-05-2011: I-129F NOA1
07-18-2011: I-129F NOA2
08-08-2011: NVC Received
08-09-2011: NVC Left
08-10-2011: Consulate Received
08-26-2011: Consulate mailed Packet 3 (invitation letter)
09-01-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in US
09-10-2011: Packet 3 (invitation letter) Received in Mexico
09-22-2011: Interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-04-2011: DHL Waybill number appears in the afternoon
10-05-2011: Picked up visa from DHL office
11-08-2011: POE Houston, Texas
11-19-2011: Married!

AOS
12-06-2011: Applied for Social Security Number
12-08-2011: AOS package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131, and supporting docs)
12-12-2011: Received Social Security Number and card in the mail
12-20-2011: Received NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131
01-06-2012: Completed ASC appointment
02-02-2012: Received appointment notice for AOS interview on March 1, 2012
03-01-2012: Green card interview: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-10-2012: Green card received

ROC

12-27-2013: I-751 Sent

01-02-2014: Received NOA1 for I-751

01-24-2014: Completed ASC appointment

04-01-2014: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no interview)

CITIZENSHIP

11-14-2016: N-400 Sent

05-19-2017: Naturalization interview:  APPROVED!!!!!!!

06-28-2017: Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Timeline

congrats on ur noa2...your almost there u can wait for packet three but some in mexico never get it..my fiancee never got it..once u get cdj case number u can start everything ds260..ds156...ds156k..everything can be done on line..you can also go to embassy portal up above and get consulate info..just to let u know for the ds260 you will need a invoice number to start form and a benificary number to complete it..there is a phone number that you can call te get it i found in the visa journey archives it starts with 1-603..have your birth dates handy and case number..every thing else is pretty much common sense.im also using a co-sponsor and i coulnt find much info on cosponsors so i made my sister do all the same that i had to do for mines..you and cosponsor each must have i-134..and all the other paper work..another big fat folder...our interview is next tuesday my fiancee is already in juarez mexico..and they do set interview rather quick so make sure you have all ur paperwork i-134 complete cause if your gonna send it threw fed-ex or something u need extra time to make sure it gets there on time..and to gather all other things it might take a week or two as well..im not able to make it to interview so im really biteing my nails,we filled out forms jan 3 and the 17th is interview i was shocked..if you have any questions just let me know i will be more than happy to try to help...other than that this site is awesome it has helped since day one..tons of great info...and tons of great people to help and with great input..thank you visa journey and to all in visa land :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The 'packet 3' is just an invitation letter. Mexico's 'packet' is just a pdf file, and you will bring all your forms with you to the interview. They send the letter to the petitioner and the beneficiary. A lot of times it never makes it to the one in the Mexico. The letter you receive will work just as well, and you can take it with you when you go for his interview, or mail it to him if you are not going to Juarez yourself. All the info of what is needed is up on the Juarez consulate site. The invitation letter only points you there anyway.

Forms: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html

'Packet' of instructions: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/K1%20PACKET%20COMPLETE%20_July2011%20UPDATES_.pdf

Yes, you need to fill out your own I-134 as you are the primary sponsor, even if you have a co-sponsor. The co-sponsor will fill out their own separate I-134 and provide the same documents you need for your affidavit: letter from employer stating position and salary, most recent year's tax transcript (or a copy of the complete return with all schedules, attachments, W-2s and 1099s), and a few months worth of their most recent pay stubs. The co-sponsor also needs to provide proof of being a USC or LPR by sending a copy of their US birth certificate, naturalization, bio page of their passport or front and back copy of their green card.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.