Zizi & Zuki

AGAINST THE WALL - CASA

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all,

Does anyone know an attorney with proven success in cases involving the infamous lady interviewer in Casa? Does anyone know a way you can request a different interviewer there. He has already had 2 interviews. The last one went badly because of a "misunderstanding through an interpreter" although we are convinced it is because this lady was looking for some pretext to disqualify him. She has requested something impossible to produce based on a supposed misinformation thru the interpreter that was there. When my fiance tried to straighten this out at the interview she stonewalled him and handed him a new 221g with impossible requirements. Does anyone know who we can go to to request a different person interview him? We are contemplating just getting married and beginning a K-3 Visa but I am terrified as I read the VJ timelines and see that even some K-3's in Morocco have been denied. I feel this is a nightmare that has no solution. We are truly in a crisis. Any help will be appreciated.

Susan

Susan,

Another member (I think Karen & Jahwar) was asked to produce something impossible. It was a police certificate for a country her fiance had never been to.

I don't know what it is they are requesting in your case, but depending on what it is, you may be able to show that it isn't necessary or that is irrelevant to your case. If you would share the request, others may be able to help brainstorm on how the impossible may actually become possible.

I would not give up on this case as long as you have a 221(g) for evidence. See what you can do with this one first. If this case is returned to the USCIS, I would contact VJ member Kiya who also had a K1 returned. Returned K1's are handled differently than marriage visas.

Rebecca

Hello all,

Does anyone know an attorney with proven success in cases involving the infamous lady interviewer in Casa? Does anyone know a way you can request a different interviewer there. He has already had 2 interviews. The last one went badly because of a "misunderstanding through an interpreter" although we are convinced it is because this lady was looking for some pretext to disqualify him. She has requested something impossible to produce based on a supposed misinformation thru the interpreter that was there. When my fiance tried to straighten this out at the interview she stonewalled him and handed him a new 221g with impossible requirements. Does anyone know who we can go to to request a different person interview him? We are contemplating just getting married and beginning a K-3 Visa but I am terrified as I read the VJ timelines and see that even some K-3's in Morocco have been denied. I feel this is a nightmare that has no solution. We are truly in a crisis. Any help will be appreciated.

Susan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry to hear this,. What were the impossible requirements that were listed on the 221g? Also, you may want to contact Kiya...she has started a group for those who have been given 221g..she's going back in November to marry her DF and start the K-3 process [tried the K-1 and got the 221g returning back to USCIS] SHe will be you best advisor a this point...in my opinion.

Mary K.

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you contacted your senator/congressmans office? If it truly impossible, and you can convince your representative that it is, then maybe they will have some influence.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Hi again,

Thank you for your advice. Kiya and I are in touch. I have begun working with a lawyer who claims 100% in K1 Visa cases. Our Senator is also helping us.

The impossible requirements are 1) Exact dates he lived in a Spanish enclave of Morocco. 2) A police certificate covering the times he lived there.

It is easy for Moroccans who live near the enclave to cross the border on almost a daily basis with only their Nekwa (identity card). He was in and out over several years, but his residence was in Morocco. He never stayed there more than a few days without returning to Moroccan soil. We wanted to try to comply with #2, but the Spanish police will not issue a certificate for anyone who did not have official residency.

Plan B, if K1 fails, was for us to get married in Morocco and do K3. But as I review VJ Stats, I see that some of those fail too. Can you imagine us going through all this and getting the same lady next time as his interviewer/case worker? I would absolutely rather die. I am hoping this attorney can truly help us. We are being unjustly persecuted. This woman is corrupt! I believe she is chosing to try to rout us in this way because our evidence for a genuine relationship was too strong.

Good luck to all of you who still have interviews ahead. B'slema!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm so sorry about this. I think the action you have taken is really the best you can do for now. Things will look up and you will be together but it is goign to take a little longer. Good luck to you guys,

Sarah

Timeline

Best of luck to you Susan & Aziz... I wish you as speedy a journey as possible at this point! Inch'allah, the lawyer will be good for you. (F)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

Since they won't give you a police report, can they give a statement saying that they can not provide you with the documentation they requested?

Just a thought

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry to hear what you're going through, but trust me, K-3 visa is not your best option! I don't want to repeat myself and the facts... about casa... papers getting lost and nowhere to be found, etc.

Good luck! Wish you the best! Hope you'll get it, inshallah.

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Timeline

If they are asking for those documents with the K1 visa woudnt they also ask for the same documents for any other visa? Just curious.

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Timeline
If they are asking for those documents with the K1 visa woudnt they also ask for the same documents for any other visa? Just curious.

They keep record of denials, and the reason will be brought up again if it isn't resolved. Hopefully a congressman will help them. How can you get a record for someplace that has no record of you even existing?

Timeline

Susan - I think everyone is right, try to get in touch with the Spanish consulate to get some advice. Also, the Spanish government should be able to give him some sort of documentation saying they are not able to issue a police certificate because he was not a resident. This document could also attest to him NOT being a resident at any time.

You are right when you say this woman is looking for a reason not to issue a visa...this unfortunately is how they work, some more than others and obviously more with this CO.

I would tend to think that if he can get documentation from the Spanish government saying they cannot issue a police certificate due to him not being a resident and that he never was a resident that the CO could not put a lot of weight in the "need for one to issue his visa" Can they ask for a police certificate of a place where they have vacationed? This is just a ridiculous request on the part of the CO to ask for a police certificate for a country where he was never a resident.

I will try to find the documentation, but I believe there is a timeframe the DOS needs to work with when requesting police certificates. Something like "if the beneficiary resided elsewhere for 6 months or longer that an official police certificate is required." I can't remember the timeframe, but I do know it does exist...I will try to find that for you. It may be the ammo you need along with the document attesting he was never a resident that may satisfy this request.

I also agree that this will come up again even if you were to abandon the K1 and go for the K3...this needs to be addressed head on by getting your congressman/senator to work with you, directly with the consulate and the Department of State on this.

If I can think of anything else, I will let you know...there has got to be a way to address this appropriately AND satisfy the CO at the same time.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Edited by Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

Susan - I think everyone is right, try to get in touch with the Spanish consulate to get some advice. Also, the Spanish government should be able to give him some sort of documentation saying they are not able to issue a police certificate because he was not a resident. This document could also attest to him NOT being a resident at any time.

Thank you Kiya et all,

I will check with the Spanish Consulate here. I think that is good advice. Also, I read from another VJer that the rule is if you resided in a place more than six months. Technically we are under the time frame. If we can get a certificate, just to cooperate and show his innocense, I'd be more than happy to do it. I sure don't want to have to start this process over again. It is exhausting and of course we miss each other terribly. We just want to begin our life together, settle down and work peacefully.

I'll let you all know what advice the lawyer gives this week, too.

Susan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.