fftpholdings

DIRECT CONSULAR FILING

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello fellow VJs

My wife is the USC and am the beneficiary. We are happily married and over two years now.We reside in Johannesburg and have communicated with Consulate here regarding filing 1-130 petition.They send us an email with a checklist of the required documents to make available upon submission and it reads with note:In order to prepare your 1-130 correctly,use the following checklist,Attach the checklist to the top of your petition before mailing it to this office".

1. 1-130 (petition for alien relative)

2. G-325 A (Biographic information)

3. Supporting documents to submit with your petition

a. South African residency requirements a photocopy of beneficiary passport biographical page.

b. Marriage certificate(Unabridged marriage cetificate)

c. Proof of USA citizenship

d. Passport Photographs

e. Fee (USD420).

We have all the above but my questions are as follows:

Is it either wise to observe their instruction as the checklist stipulates or neccessary to include the below evidences to avert RFE which may demand more time in the process?

1. A lease agreement of residence?

2. Documents showing co-mingling of financial resources?

3. Pictures taken while on holiday together and boarding passess of travels together?

Thanks for your opinions in advance.

Edward

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello fellow VJs

My wife is the USC and am the beneficiary. We are happily married and over two years now.We reside in Johannesburg and have communicated with Consulate here regarding filing 1-130 petition.They send us an email with a checklist of the required documents to make available upon submission and it reads with note:In order to prepare your 1-130 correctly,use the following checklist,Attach the checklist to the top of your petition before mailing it to this office".

a. South African residency requirements a photocopy of beneficiary passport biographical page.

d. Passport Photographs

e. Fee (USD420).

Is it either wise to observe their instruction as the checklist stipulates or neccessary to include the below evidences to avert RFE which may demand more time in the process?

3. Pictures taken while on holiday together and boarding passess of travels together?

Edward

You certainly can include all the other extra documents that you mentioned.It will enhance ur case a lot. Welcome to VJ

For us (Dhahran, SA is where we filed) we brought all of that and filed in person. The CO sifted through everything and returned everything that was not specifically listed as required for the petition LOL. BUT: She still had to read it and see it and it (the petition) was approved on the spot pending (my I believe) background check.

We brought joint account statements, joint household/residence info, joint credit card statements, joint cell phone statements, joint insurance info, my/her beneficiary info (life/retirement) - everything that we read on here that was ever used as primary proof of valid marriage or requested in an RFE.

I would still advise submitting it, needed or not by a CO, especially any information that can prove that you share a joint household and joint finances (lease agreement / banking info or equivalent)

Best of luck!

Hello fellow VJs

d. Passport Photographs

e. Fee (USD420).

Edward

Edited by himher

i don't get it.

Timeline

For us (Dhahran, SA is where we filed) we brought all of that and filed in person. The CO sifted through everything and returned everything that was not specifically listed as required for the petition LOL. BUT: She still had to read it and see it and it (the petition) was approved on the spot pending (my I believe) background check.

We brought joint account statements, joint household/residence info, joint credit card statements, joint cell phone statements, joint insurance info, my/her beneficiary info (life/retirement) - everything that we read on here that was ever used as primary proof of valid marriage or requested in an RFE.

I would still advise submitting it, needed or not by a CO, especially any information that can prove that you share a joint household and joint finances (lease agreement / banking info or equivalent)

Best of luck!

Many thanks for your suggestion. You meant 1-130 can be approved instantly pending the reciept of NOA2? And again does DCF route reach the attention of the NVC or solely handled by the Embassy?

Hello fellow VJs

d. Passport Photographs

e. Fee (USD420).

Edward

What is your reason for wanting to add things that they don't need/want? It will only cause trouble for you. Do you think more than is required is better?

What is RFE?

Edited by Onggoy Diyos

What does it mean if you don't know the number above 2 and below 4? Am I a robot? Or a monkey perhaps?

Well I am not sure about post-August.

I posted a question about the changes but I am not sure if anyone has completely gone through the process since the changes were implemented.

Before August: The petition appeared to be either accepted or rejected, there was no NOA 1 or NOA 2. The CO asked a couple of questions, and said it was OK, they had to do a background check, and we would hear something in a couple of weeks.

The consulate forwarded it to the embassy in Riyadh. They must have immediately started processing the case.

Instead of NOA1/NOA2, we started getting the packets.

The Packet III was dated (3) weeks and received (4) weeks after we filed the I130.

We never dealt with the NVC. We filed the I864 with the rest of the Packet IV submittals and paid the IV fee at the interview.

Somebody (Pushbrk?) said that the IV fees and I864 were being processed at the NVC now, even for overseas residents. This would be a significant change from our experience.

Many thanks for your suggestion. You meant 1-130 can be approved instantly pending the reciept of NOA2? And again does DCF route reach the attention of the NVC or solely handled by the Embassy?

i don't get it.

Timeline

Well I am not sure about post-August.

I posted a question about the changes but I am not sure if anyone has completely gone through the process since the changes were implemented.

Before August: The petition appeared to be either accepted or rejected, there was no NOA 1 or NOA 2. The CO asked a couple of questions, and said it was OK, they had to do a background check, and we would hear something in a couple of weeks.

The consulate forwarded it to the embassy in Riyadh. They must have immediately started processing the case.

Instead of NOA1/NOA2, we started getting the packets.

The Packet III was dated (3) weeks and received (4) weeks after we filed the I130.

We never dealt with the NVC. We filed the I864 with the rest of the Packet IV submittals and paid the IV fee at the interview.

Somebody (Pushbrk?) said that the IV fees and I864 were being processed at the NVC now, even for overseas residents. This would be a significant change from our experience.

Thanks for your clarification and information.

Best regards

Edward

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.