Alawi

N-400 Application Question?

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, i have question about my N-400 Application, i became Permanent Resident April 2 of 2007 and i will be filing based on 5 years rules is i am elgible to file now or wait little? and i have another question the N-400 Form do i have to file with my hand writing or type it on my computer than print it off? do i have to send 5 years or 3 years taxes? do i have to file any other form beside N*400? thanks everybody.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if your married you can file 3 years, if not married then 5 years you can file,you can print neat in the spaces legible,or you can dowmload on your computer and full it out on your computer printer.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if your married, you need to send 3 years tax transcripts,marriage certificate,us.passport bio page,copy of your green card front and back,two passport photos,divorce if any,bank statements,or utility bills,G-1145form for notify you E.MAIL.put on the very top of the package.check for 680.00 made out to u.s department of homeland security.

if your married, you need to send 3 years tax transcripts,marriage certificate,us.passport bio page,copy of your green card front and back,two passport photos,divorce if any,bank statements,or utility bills,G-1145form for notify you E.MAIL.put on the very top of the package.check for 680.00 made out to u.s department of homeland security.

Hi thanks for your reply i am going to be filing on 5 years rule i've been married to US Citizen and we got divorced!! my question is i am elgible to file now or i have to wait thanks?

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone, i have question about my N-400 Application, i became Permanent Resident April 2 of 2007 and i will be filing based on 5 years rules is i am elgible to file now or wait little? and i have another question the N-400 Form do i have to file with my hand writing or type it on my computer than print it off? do i have to send 5 years or 3 years taxes? do i have to file any other form beside N*400? thanks everybody.

Hi there,

Since you have been divorced now, 5 yrs rule apply to you. Your 5 yr anniversary will end on April 2 2012 and you can file in your citizenship application upto 90 days before this period. This means that you can file in your application now! You an either download the application and then fill it up by hand or fill it up online itself. This is purely based on your convenience, but you have to send the completed application to the USCIS by mail only.You need to show your records for the past 5 yrs. I do not think you will need any other form other then N-400, if you are getting naturalized on a regular case.

Hi there,

Since you have been divorced now, 5 yrs rule apply to you. Your 5 yr anniversary will end on April 2 2012 and you can file in your citizenship application upto 90 days before this period. This means that you can file in your application now! You an either download the application and then fill it up by hand or fill it up online itself. This is purely based on your convenience, but you have to send the completed application to the USCIS by mail only.You need to show your records for the past 5 yrs. I do not think you will need any other form other then N-400, if you are getting naturalized on a regular case.

Hi Jessica24 thanks for your answer that makes sense i have all the documents to submilt with my N-400 form, so now 90 days windown is open i'm gunna go ahead and file soon thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When we started all this, had Adobe Acrobat Professional on my computer to neatly fill out all the fillable forms and that was the only way you could save these all important files.

Got a bit tired of Adobe charging 200 bucks for yearly upgrades, nothing was different, just would no longer open newer fillable and since all government forms including the IRS is using constantly upgraded forms, all those bucks I had in my computer was worthless. Raised hell with my congressman and senator on this issue. Don't know if that made a difference, but in the last couple of years, the reader is now a free download, lets you print out, make changes, and save your files.

reader_128.jpg

Adobe Reader X (10.1.2)

This is the only way to go as the USCIS is constantly updated forms, fees, have lockboxes now, whatever that is, addendums, and consider its very important to keep your records. I print out two copies, one to send in, the other as a spare, in case they lose it, that saves a lot of work. And I know exactly what I sent in. Also only pay by personal check, print that out as a sure record they received the application and cashed the check.

Also scan everything the USCIS sends back and keep all of that under my immigration folder. See that file is already 172 MB now, but still small enough to burn a couple of CD's as a backup. Have a bunch of sub folders for each application and scanned all of our evidence.

When we were told a total of three times during our process that they misplaced our application, said no problem, I have complete backups. Maybe it was because of that, they found them. But would have been dead meat if I didn't have those backups.

Applying for the five year is minimal, application, check, copy of green card, and two passport photos of yourself they don't even use anymore. If you were divorced to your sponsoring US citizen, may have some explaining to do. Would be could to bring all those records at your interview. Also if you received any minor traffic tickets, proof that you paid them seems to be their latest kick to delay your process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.