BigPerm

Question about Police Certificates in Brazil

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

How long did it take to receive the Federal Police Certificate for those who went to Belo Horizonte? I'm a little worried because I still need to translate it after my wife picks it up and her interview date is November 14.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello...

I'm Brazilian.. and I live in different city but here in Mato Grosso took me 7 days...

I didn't get packet 3 ...they send me packet 4... and in my case they decided not to sent packet 3...

Translate???? On the instructions that I han on my hands it's sayng that we don't need to translate this document unless it's NOT in PORTUGUESE OR ENGLISH....

Before doing anything tell you wife to call RIO... I called them today to make sure about other questions.

I hope this help.

God Bless!

Angela.

Angela and Thomas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
How long did it take to receive the Federal Police Certificate for those who went to Belo Horizonte? I'm a little worried because I still need to translate it after my wife picks it up and her interview date is November 14.

In Sao Paulo, it takes around 15 days. It is not necessary to translate Federal police Certificate or any document (except if they are not in English or Portuguese) to the interview.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have read other posts where members have received the reports in about 2 weeks.

It is my understanding that they do not need to be translated!

My Fiancee is in Santa Luzia, about 10 minutes from Belo Horizonte. I sent the request forms for the Police reports (State & Federal) to her, but I don't think she's made the requests yet.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jana can also help you with that. I know that in Rio it takes 15 days for each of them.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

I have read other posts where members have received the reports in about 2 weeks.

My Fiancee is in Santa Luzia, about 10 minutes from Belo Horizonte. I sent the request forms for the Police reports (State & Federal) to her, but I don't think she's made the requests yet.

JoeyJoey, I'm not even sure you have to send the request forms. I didn't have to use any of the forms for that purpose sent to me in the packet. Ask Fernanda to call Secretaria da Segurança Pública and Polícia Federal and they'll tell her what she needs to bring.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

JoeyJoey, I'm not even sure you have to send the request forms. I didn't have to use any of the forms for that purpose sent to me in the packet. Ask Fernanda to call Secretaria da Segurança Pública and Polícia Federal and they'll tell her what she needs to bring.

Thanks Mew,

I told her to call them for instructions, but I also sent the forms in case she needed them. When I talked with her last night, she said she'd try to contact them today.

Joey

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Timeline

Thanks Mew,

I told her to call them for instructions, but I also sent the forms in case she needed them. When I talked with her last night, she said she'd try to contact them today.

Joey

Oh, and try and PM Jana! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=21390 - She lives in Belo Horizonte and I think she'd be able to help you.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys,

You can print the form for the "Policia Federal" from their website http://www.dpf.gov.br. Go to serviços à comunidade, Then to formulários. You can fill it out online and print it. Then the person has to sign it. When you bring this to the PF don´t forget a copy of the id card. It took 15 working days.

I used the consulate form to get the one from Secretaria de Segurança Pública. I also had to fill out their form. It took 10 days.

Hope this helps!

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Timeline

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding police reports.

1.The .pdf ( http://www.embaixada-americana.org.br/pdfs/instk1e.pdf pages 4 and 5) from the embassy states that you have to get police reports from every town you lived after 16yo (it's on a table), but if you read the next paragraph, they say that you only need police reports from the towns you lived in the last five years.

My doubt: which one is correct?

2. I'll have no problems getting the certificate from the federal police, but I live in Bsb and on their .pdf ( http://www.embaixada-americana.org.br/fian...SegPub_0728.pdf )that lists the SSP's they say: "The police certificate from “Secretaria de Segurança Pública” in Brasília/Distrito Federal is not available."

What should I do? :wacko:

You might think it's a little too early for me to worry about that, but if I have to travel around to get all the reports, it will take me a lot of time...

Thanks in advance

JA

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Timeline
1.The .pdf ( http://www.embaixada-americana.org.br/pdfs/instk1e.pdf pages 4 and 5) from the embassy states that you have to get police reports from every town you lived after 16yo (it's on a table), but if you read the next paragraph, they say that you only need police reports from the towns you lived in the last five years.

My doubt: which one is correct?

2. I'll have no problems getting the certificate from the federal police, but I live in Bsb and on their .pdf ( http://www.embaixada-americana.org.br/fian...SegPub_0728.pdf )that lists the SSP's they say: "The police certificate from “Secretaria de Segurança Pública” in Brasília/Distrito Federal is not available."

1. A police certificate must be obtained from all places where the applicant's lived since age 16. See:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...4.html#Applying - You have to get "atestados de antecedentes" from each state, not each town you lived.

2. Call Secretaria de Segurança Pública in DF and check the information given by the consulate (those instructions are not really very accurate/updated): 3901 5335 / 3901 5339. If they're really not available, then they're not available...

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Thanks, Mew.

I was asking about this:

"“SECRETARIA DE SEGURANÇA PÚBLICA”, Polícia Técnico Científica”- It is required that the applicant obtain a certificate from each state in Brazil where the applicant has resided for 6 (six) months or longer for the last 5 (five) years. If you have resided in more than one state in Brazil, during this period, you will need one for each state."

Can I call or email the consulate before I get my final case # and ask? You see, I went to college in MG, got back here, then when to work in SP, got back here...

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Timeline
Thanks, Mew.

I was asking about this:

"“SECRETARIA DE SEGURANÇA PÚBLICA”, Polícia Técnico Científica”- It is required that the applicant obtain a certificate from each state in Brazil where the applicant has resided for 6 (six) months or longer for the last 5 (five) years. If you have resided in more than one state in Brazil, during this period, you will need one for each state."

Can I call or email the consulate before I get my final case # and ask? You see, I went to college in MG, got back here, then when to work in SP, got back here...

The way I understand it, you have to go with the instructions in the chart and with the one found on the webpage I've linked you to, that says police certificates must be obtained from every place you've lived since you were 16.

And yes, e-mail them and ask. Keep the question simple (yes/no question), as they tend to give very short answers to question asked. Also, you can print out the e-mail with their reply and have it with you when you have the interview so you have their answer in written in case they question the certificates you've gotten.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.