pascanda

K1 visa help, NOA2 approved, trying to work on packet 3

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our NOA2 was approved on Jan 3rd and sent to NVC. I went ahead and downloaded packet 3 (I believe that's the correct term for all of these papers). Do I feel our the paperwork as the benefiary? On form DS-156 question #22 it asks "When do you intend to arrive in the US?" Do I put a guesstimated date there? We don't even know when his interview date is yet. I leave for Nigeria on Jan 30th and want to have all of our paperwork ready to go when I get there. That way all that needs to be done is the medical exam and to get his police certificate and new passport sized photos. Here are a few other questions that I have:

1. What do I list as my annual salary? (actual amount or estimated amount?) I work two jobs....one as a contract nurse (i'm on a current assignment for 20wks) and my other job is a PRN nurse at a local hospital. I currently try and work at least 4 shifts a month there but am only required to work 1 shift every 90 days.

2. I have a letter of employment from the local hospital with my annual salary and hours worked listed on it, but it is dated Sept 7th, 2011. Will that be ok?

3. I have pay stubs from my local hospital, but they are online to print, when printed, they are not on hospital letterhead, but the hospital url address is listed on the bottom of the print off. Is this sufficient?

4. Will I need to file 2011 taxes before leaving the country to submit at our interview? Or will 2008-2010 tax transcripts be sufficient?

5. Do I need to have bank statements? If so, how many?

6. My income is over the 125% poverty line, do I need to list my home on the assests portion of the I-864? Can I just omit it since I am over the amount....I really don't want to deal with the extra paperwork if possible.

7. I have copies of my divorce decrees and birth certificate as well as his....anything else we'll need besides what was sent in the I-129f packet?

8. The NOA2 states it was sent to the consulate listed (none was listed but assume they meant what country was listed on the I-129F). Is this correct? Or was the packet actually sent to NVC then will be forwarded to Lagos?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

well good luck on your interview

i wll copy paste my lawyer instruction for packet 3 it maybe helpful

Packet 3/Packet 4:

Generally, the foreign Beneficiary should receive by mail what is called “Packet 3/Packet 4”(P3/P4) from the Consulate. This packet has the checklist with instructions and interview date.

If your fiancée does not receive P3/P4 within the next 30 days, please contact our offices so we can follow up with the Consulate.

Document Checklist:

The first is a checklist of documents, typically called a form OF-169. We already presented you with this OF-169 checklist early on when we initially filed with the USCIS. Your fiancée should have been gathering the documentation on this list and should now have most of it in order by this time, other than a medical exam.

Medical Exam:

Your fiancée should not have their medical exam done until instructed by the Consulate. The Consulate will provide a list of doctors that are available to complete the exam. The exam itself will include a chest x-ray, vaccinations, and blood tests. The cost of the medical exam can vary, but is generally under approximately $200. If vaccinations are required there will likely be additional costs.

Illicit drug use:

The required medical exam entails a chest x-ray and a blood draw. Among other things, the exam will screen illegal drugs. Your fiancée must be free from drug use. At the time of the exam your fiancée will be asked whether they have ever taken illegal drugs, including marijuana. Your fiancée is required to answer truthfully. If the answer is “yes”, then in all likelihood he or she will be barred from entering the U.S. Obviously, the U.S. government is opposed to drug use.

In the meantime, please continue gathering evidence of your relationship. Please also forward your financial materials.

Thank you,

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Amman, Jordan

I-129F Sent : 2011-03-09

NOA1 : 2011-03-18

NOA2 : 2011-07-08

NVC Received : 2011-07-16

NVC Left : 2011-08-26

Packet 3 Received : 2011-09-07

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-09-29

Packet 4 Received : 2011-09-28

Interview Date : 2011-10-13

AP STARTED

ask for passport : 2012-04-02

visa received : 2012-04-26

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our NOA2 was approved on Jan 3rd and sent to NVC. I went ahead and downloaded packet 3 (I believe that's the correct term for all of these papers). Do I feel our the paperwork as the benefiary? On form DS-156 question #22 it asks "When do you intend to arrive in the US?" Do I put a guesstimated date there? We don't even know when his interview date is yet. I leave for Nigeria on Jan 30th and want to have all of our paperwork ready to go when I get there. That way all that needs to be done is the medical exam and to get his police certificate and new passport sized photos. Here are a few other questions that I have:

1. What do I list as my annual salary? (actual amount or estimated amount?) I work two jobs....one as a contract nurse (i'm on a current assignment for 20wks) and my other job is a PRN nurse at a local hospital. I currently try and work at least 4 shifts a month there but am only required to work 1 shift every 90 days.

2. I have a letter of employment from the local hospital with my annual salary and hours worked listed on it, but it is dated Sept 7th, 2011. Will that be ok?

3. I have pay stubs from my local hospital, but they are online to print, when printed, they are not on hospital letterhead, but the hospital url address is listed on the bottom of the print off. Is this sufficient?

4. Will I need to file 2011 taxes before leaving the country to submit at our interview? Or will 2008-2010 tax transcripts be sufficient?

5. Do I need to have bank statements? If so, how many?

6. My income is over the 125% poverty line, do I need to list my home on the assests portion of the I-864? Can I just omit it since I am over the amount....I really don't want to deal with the extra paperwork if possible.

7. I have copies of my divorce decrees and birth certificate as well as his....anything else we'll need besides what was sent in the I-129f packet?

8. The NOA2 states it was sent to the consulate listed (none was listed but assume they meant what country was listed on the I-129F). Is this correct? Or was the packet actually sent to NVC then will be forwarded to Lagos?

1. Actually salary is best.

2. Current would be better.

3. Printing them online with the web address is ok.

4. Bring the tax forms that are filed. If you have not filed for 2011 that is ok.

5. Yes, I did. I brought the 3 most latest bank statements.

6. If you meet the minimum income requirements their is no need to list assets.

7. Additional evidence of an ongoing relationship ie. emails, pics, phone records. Also, financial records.

8. Yes, sent to NVC first then forwarded to the embassy.

9. Bring everything to the interview.

Edited by Afrikan Queen

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

since you don't know the interview date, and I'll assume it will be sometime in few months, I'll think you want to get 2011 tax returns done and include with package for interview. Again, although its nice to have these documents as of now, you will want to provide the latest versions/evidences when your interview date is around the corner.

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My only problem with filing my taxes for 2011 is that I'm scheduled to fly to Nigeria on Jan 30th and will be gone till March 29th. I can only file if I have my W-2s in hand before I leave.

You can go to one of those quick filing places if all you will have is W-2. Or you can file it when you come back and then email a copy for him to take to interview. You're not thinking you will have interview between March 29th are you? I won't rely on that assumption with Lagos unless you already know something. Also, if you are going for two months, are you still going to have a job when you come back? None of my business but thought to mention because the consulate might want to see latest pay stubs and employment letter at least between the time you get email for interview and the interview date itself. At least thats the assumption i've read on VJ. I might be wrong, but maybe someone can come and add their 2cents.

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm hoping we'll have an interview while I'm there. I will still have a job when I return. I can't file unless I have the W-2's. Most aren't received until the end of January. More than likely, I won't get them before I leave.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

you dont need to file 2011 taxes before u leave what u have will be fine no worries about that. 2011 taxes are not due until Apri 15th so u have up until that time to file and anytime before that 2010 taxes are good.....Good luck to you! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.