marklovetina

I have K2 to follow--- Tourist Visa for Mom

5 posts in this topic

hello guys!!!, Happy New Year!!, i am still waiting for my GC and hopefully USCIS give it to me soon... i have a K2 to follow this year 2012 and right now i am pregnant---( that's the other good news i want to share to you all.... :luv::yes:(L) ) my inquiry is about tourist visa for my mom.. honey wants my mom to come here in the USA before i give birth to our baby.. is there a possible chance if she will be the one to accompany my son coming here in the USA and reason out too that she wants to visit me because i am goin to deliver a baby...? pls. give us inputs/ infos regarding this matter, your reply will be greatly appreciated... thank u so much guys!!!!! :wub:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

• 1 month later...

Hi! I have same situation with you. I'm pregnant with twins which will be due on April. And hoping that my mom can visit me for just a couple of months. Did your mom had her interview already? How was it goes? My have a schedule on April for an interview. I wanna gather information for her so that she can have an idea... :help:

USCIS

11/23/12 - I-130 filed

12/05/12 - Petition received thru txt

12/06/12 - Check cashed

01/10/12 - Approved from USCIS online (after 42 days)

01/16/13 - NOA2

NVC

01/23/13 - NVC received case

02/05/13 - got NVC and IIN numbers

02/06/13 - DS3032 email sent

02/08/13 - AOS bill paid

02/09/13 - AOS packet sent

02/21/13 - DS3032 accepted

03/04/13 - IV bill paid

03/04/13 - IV packet sent

03/07/13 - case completed

Consulate

02/23/13 - medical appointment

04/02/13 - interview - approved!

04/15/13 - visa in hand

06/07/13 - POE (LAX)

http://www.youtube.com/user/marie7580

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to both of you guys! I am pregnant too! Due on July and this is my second pregnancy. I am also planning to let my Mom visit for the delivery of our baby and spend some time with us and meet my husband. I arranged my Mom's application and interview date for her tourist application and she will have her interview next week! I am praying she will be granted for a tourist visa. This is her second tourist application though, the first one got denied because of the length of stay we planned last year (2months stay). We just being honest since that was our plan that time. Although I had some friends told me when the IO ask my Mom about the length of stay, she should answer only 2 weeks or 3 weeks. I don't know if it's the main reason why she got denied but my Mom told me that after the IO asked that question his mood changed and he said 2 months is quite too long and sorry we can't give you a visa right now. ( That was June 2011 )

I'll let you know guys next week how her tourist interview goes. Have a safe and healthy pregnancy!!!

IR-5 Mother's Journey

03/06/2013 - I-130 application received @ Chicago Lockbox

03/07/2013 - Priority date

03/11/2013 - Received an email/text I-130 application forwarded to NBC

03/12/2013 - Check cashed/ NOA1

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys, my Mom had her interview yesterday and sadly she got denied again! These are the questions she was asked :

Are you a single Mom ? Yes

How many children you have? Three

How many children you have staying/living here in the Philippines? Two

How many grandchildren you have here in the Philippines? Three

Why you want to visit the USA? Spend time with my daugther, meet my son-in-law, meet my grand-daugther and witness the birth of my grandson.

How long you plan to stay? Two weeks

Is your daugther work? No, she is a SAHM.

Is she a US Citizen now? Not yet.

Is your daugther planning to petition you when she become a US Citizen? Yes

Who is going to pay for you plane when you come to the USA? My daugther.

After these questions and answer portion the IO finally said; " I'm sorry Ma'am we can't give you a visa right now and since your daugther is planning to petition you, we encourage you to wait for that. " and she handed her the blue form which is 214(b).

IR-5 Mother's Journey

03/06/2013 - I-130 application received @ Chicago Lockbox

03/07/2013 - Priority date

03/11/2013 - Received an email/text I-130 application forwarded to NBC

03/12/2013 - Check cashed/ NOA1

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys, my Mom had her interview yesterday and sadly she got denied again! These are the questions she was asked :

Are you a single Mom ? Yes

How many children you have? Three

How many children you have staying/living here in the Philippines? Two

How many grandchildren you have here in the Philippines? Three

Why you want to visit the USA? Spend time with my daugther, meet my son-in-law, meet my grand-daugther and witness the birth of my grandson.

How long you plan to stay? Two weeks

Is your daugther work? No, she is a SAHM.

Is she a US Citizen now? Not yet.

Is your daugther planning to petition you when she become a US Citizen? Yes

Who is going to pay for you plane when you come to the USA? My daugther.

After these questions and answer portion the IO finally said; " I'm sorry Ma'am we can't give you a visa right now and since your daugther is planning to petition you, we encourage you to wait for that. " and she handed her the blue form which is 214(b).

Probable reasons:

1- the change of proposed stay from 2 months to 2 weeks will strike most VOs as not being too honest...(they know that CBP routinely admits people for 6 months, and they have her last application which showed she planned to stay (at least) two months

2- the pregnancy and the likelihood (from the VO's perspective) that this trip is statisically likely to become a full time, around the clock babysitting venture so daughter can go back to (or find) work, way beyond a two week visit.

Again, you can thank those who have abused a tourist visa in this manner in the past.

Probable reasons:

1- the change of proposed stay from 2 months to 2 weeks will strike most VOs as not being too honest...(they know that CBP routinely admits people for 6 months, and they have her last application which showed she planned to stay (at least) two months

2- the pregnancy and the likelihood (from the VO's perspective) that this trip is statisically likely to become a full time, around the clock babysitting venture so daughter can go back to (or find) work, way beyond a two week visit.

Again, you can thank those who have abused a tourist visa in this manner in the past.

And with the OP's naturalization pending, well, it's a short road to AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.