Kengux

Nationwide strike in Nigeria from Monday

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My ppl be at ease, d question is not if the embasy will open but if u will be able to meet up ur pre arranged appointment. Even in war, embassies open up to business, security will however increase. We are far from war so start thinking of how u will be able to transfer urself to the consulate on the day of ur appointment. If u live outside lagos, get urself in lag cos air transport will be grounded and the roads won't be very safe. Get booked in a hotel if u must or stay with a relative. The labour union will indeed unleash terror on all forms of transport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lagos can be slow, but a month is pushing it. They should have your stuff in the system soon. You can go to the embassy site and find copies of what they include in the package under the immigrant visa page.

Lagos can be slow, but a month is pushing it. They should have your stuff in the system soon. You can go to the embassy site and find copies of what they include in the package under the immigrant visa page.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

sorry everyone if my question is out of place but have not received any packets from the lagos consulate and NVC forwarded my case about one month now..please how do i schedule my appointments or do just wait?

ii pray there wouldn't be any so u guys will hv ur interview ...goodluck

sorry everyone if my question is out of place but have not received any packets from the lagos consulate and NVC forwarded my case about one month now..please how do i schedule my appointments or do just wait?

ii pray there wouldn't be any so u guys will hv ur interview ...goodluck

im not sure if it works for all petitions, but i think u can call DOS over here in US.. number is 2026631225.. chose option 1 and then option 0.. give them ur case number to check system.. have u also tried emailing da consulate to request interview?

I mailed the embassy this Morning .This is the response

Thank you for your email. You will be contacted if there is a change in your interview date..if there is a problem in a country,it does affect all embassies.

What i am kinda of worried about is presenting Scan Copies during my interview.My fiancee is to bring the documents with her on thursday but i fear the strike could hinder her landing by then.

Anyone submitted Photocopies or scanned documents during the interview.Pls share

hv her scan those copies to u thru email before she travels

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i think for now, no one really knows but all we can do is wait and pray and see what happens. Who knows, the strike may not take place. I suggest u can give them a call to be certain.

Let us pray :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Had this question in mind when I signed in just now. Hopefully The 'leaders; will reach a compromise and save people heartaches and disappointments including lives from any violence that could result. My mom's medical and interview is coming up shortly and I do not want her on the road if it is unsafe. My friend at Kamorass Clinic states they may close if it is severe....dnt know about embassy( they shd not if it does not turn violent)

Lets just hope and wait...

Hi, i would like to know if Kamorass did go on strike or not. Are they doing medicals this week? Jan 9-13th 2012?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don't know if the embassy will open for operation due to the planned nationwide strike by labour union leaders in Nigeria beginning from Monday 9th Jan. Interview is next Thursday. This is not good..

They are open my husband went for his second interview today, just leave home very early. His appointment was at 1pm but he left home at 5:30am and was at the embassy by 7:15am and just hung around till 12:15pm when the people with 1pm appointments were called. Good luck, rooting for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.