andrew va thuy

HCM info

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry for the slight break in topic, my fiance and I like to swim. We have been often to the pool at Tan Binh along dduong hoang van thu - but my map just shows 2 pools - and not this one. And I know there are many more in HCM

Does anyone know how I could get a list of pools - I just wanted to visit them on my next trip - our idea of fun :D

Thanks for any ideas Andrew

Ho Boi An Phu on the outskirt of Saigon toward Thu Duc, Ho Boi Quan Khu 7 by the airport, Ho Boi Cau Lac Bo Lao Dong next to Tao Dan Park, behind the Independence Palace, Ho Boi Nguyen Binh Khiem next to the zoo, and Ho Boi So Cuu Hoa inside the City Fire Department. Just give the list to your fiancee or ask any Saigonese. They all know ... However, I prefer going down to Thanh Da and swimming across the river ... :) hehehe ... Have fun.

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Timeline
Ho Boi An Phu on the outskirt of Saigon toward Thu Duc, Ho Boi Quan Khu 7 by the airport, Ho Boi Cau Lac Bo Lao Dong next to Tao Dan Park, behind the Independence Palace, Ho Boi Nguyen Binh Khiem next to the zoo, and Ho Boi So Cuu Hoa inside the City Fire Department. Just give the list to your fiancee or ask any Saigonese. They all know ... However, I prefer going down to Thanh Da and swimming across the river ... :) hehehe ... Have fun.

Thank you for adding a few pools to our list to visit. My fiance is from Q 3, but some things just seem difficult to do or know. BTW - I looked at your time line and saw a considerable gap between interview date and visa received - as in 8 months. Should I expect that kind of delay ? I am just at NOA1 ... but I cant help thinking ahead ... :whistle:

Timeline

Thank you for adding a few pools to our list to visit. My fiance is from Q 3, but some things just seem difficult to do or know. BTW - I looked at your time line and saw a considerable gap between interview date and visa received - as in 8 months. Should I expect that kind of delay ? I am just at NOA1 ... but I cant help thinking ahead ... :whistle:

Every case is different. Some cases get them the next day, and some get them months after. It all depends on how well the interview goes, as well as how strong your evidence is.

Good Luck!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Andrew and Thuy, I used to live in Q3 as well. Dien Bien Phu @ Nga 7 to be exact :) ... My case was put on AR (administrative review) for 8 months. It was not going anywhere until my congressman intervened. From what I have seen here on VJ, ours was rather unusual. Nonetheless, you should prepare yourself and Thuy mentally and physically for any problems should they arise along the process.

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Timeline
Andrew and Thuy, I used to live in Q3 as well. Dien Bien Phu @ Nga 7 to be exact :) ... My case was put on AR (administrative review) for 8 months. It was not going anywhere until my congressman intervened. From what I have seen here on VJ, ours was rather unusual. Nonetheless, you should prepare yourself and Thuy mentally and physically for any problems should they arise along the process.

Thanks - Thuy is actually just off Le Van Sy ( Ph 14 ) which is just near a very slow sort of river as one goes towards Tan Biinh. My map has a Dai Hoc Su Pham nearby. She swims nearby at the pool along Ky Dong, .

When it comes to getting a medical, are there 'offical' ones on a list ?

Yes - there seems to be more than one person who has been delayed in the stack - and for some time too. I am trying to think of this now in a more calm way about a very long journey. If I get lucky...maybe shorter. Thanks for the encouragement and tips :)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

....So they loaded up the moped and moved to Ho Chi Minh .

City , that is. Swimmin pools, honking horns.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline
I think you can buy ticket of Amara hotel, around Le Van si for package of sauna, massage and swimming, quite cheap.

Binh quoi 2 is nice place for swiming with bungalow, u can take bus there too.

Kimi

Thanks :) - we will look that place up _ I will ask Thuy what she know about it !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.