Tyeger87

JANUARY AOS FILERS

77 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I didn't receive a text/email notification until after my IL arrived in the mail. It was actually in the late afternoon later that day. When it arrived, I thought it was my EAD/AP so I surprised!

I imagine next week others who have EAD/AP approval should start getting interview letters.

I don't think that we can get the IL at the same time as EAD/AP, mainly because our

local office is busier than yours and it would be surprising if they sent IL only

2 months after receipt date.

But I will for now stop waiting for email/text updates , knowing that the letter may arrive without

any LUD.

Wish you both good luck ! :)

Mine is still relatively early in process ( Baltimore, MD shows July priority dates with last update on December 2011 , so assuming they have the same time period now my interview could be scheduled anywhere by May and it's only March now).

But I was curious if a poster above got an email update before IL , because it seems from the timeline like they had 'card ordered into production' email/text and then got EAD and IL in mail , with the interval of couple of days and without any email/text notification.

In any event, my local office is in different district and it is not likely to schedule an interview anytime soon. Just being curious and impatient, like a lot of applicants are :)

P.S. Any Baltimore, MD filers on this board?

I signed up for the email thing therefore I got notified before USPS even touched any of em (EAD, letter.)

@ATL office

1/06/2012: I-130, I-485, I-756 filed

1/09/2012: NOA

2/14/2012: Biometrics taken

3/09/2012: EAD received

4/19/2012: Interviewed, approved on the spot

4/28/2012: Card received

Anyone from Baltimore, MD office ?

As a February filer, i am obviously overly happy to hear what happens in the january filer category.

@ aosapplicant,

would you care to share part of your timeline?

i hope you find guidance from others in baltimore - maybe you could give guidance to others with some timeline indication of when you received your card etc.?

21/2 - received NOA in mail for all 4 (130/485/765/131)

23/3 - biometrics scheduled -> did "early" walk-in on 21 March

06/4 - received email update, interview scheduled for 7th May

27/4 - received EAD

08/5 - email: approval one day after interview (7th May)

Timeline

As a February filer, i am obviously overly happy to hear what happens in the january filer category.

@ aosapplicant,

would you care to share part of your timeline?

i hope you find guidance from others in baltimore - maybe you could give guidance to others with some timeline indication of when you received your card etc.?

AOS was submitted in second half of Jan , biometrics scheduled soon thereafter and taken (as scheduled, no early walk-in) towards the end of Feb.

Soon after biometrics letter received I got text email for RFE (RFE was mailed to attorney only).

Attorney responded to RFE but, upon close examination, I found typo/error and sent second responce to RFE

with cover letter explaining why the second response is being mailed.

To my great surprise the response I have mailed was scanned and updated on USCIS e-cas (this was the second LUD after the previous LUD when lawyers response was received with "Review of Response" tag).

I went for INFO-pass before that, but INFO-pass is at local office and has no access to NBC and they suggested that I send the response directly to NBC with clear explanation in cover letter.

If you need to update any information my advise would be to write directly to the office that has your file

and clearly explain the reason for update.

I have EAD/AP approved now. When will IL arrive is a random guess, because timeliness reported vary depending on local office and I don't see many posters with Baltimore, MD local office to get any idea what PD is being interviewed currently. My guesstimate (based on December, 2011 update on USCIS timeline page for Baltimore office) is I.L. towards the end of April and interview sometime byJune.I wish i was wrong and EAD/AP arrived with IL, but unlike poster above our office is busy so I won't expect it until later on and close to May.

Good luck to all!

Edited by aosapplicant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Recieved letter from USCIS today. expected interview date but I was dissapointed, It just said, "This is to notify you that your application for permament residence has been approved":)

They recieved application on Jan 11. The notice date on the approval is March 21.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Recieved letter from USCIS today. expected interview date but I was dissapointed, It just said, "This is to notify you that your application for permament residence has been approved":)

They recieved application on Jan 11. The notice date on the approval is March 21.

Congratulations. No need to be disappointed :dance:

lol what are you disappointed on? this is actually a good news.

@ATL office

1/06/2012: I-130, I-485, I-756 filed

1/09/2012: NOA

2/14/2012: Biometrics taken

3/09/2012: EAD received

4/19/2012: Interviewed, approved on the spot

4/28/2012: Card received

Timeline

Congratulations! That was fast!

What is your district/local office ?

Timeline

Congratulations! That was fast!

What is your district/local office ?

local office is Austin TX,

I mailed AOS paperwork to Chicago, which I think everyone does. They recieved it Jan.11

On feb 2 they mailed me a notice that : "to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing"

California Service Center 2cnd floor yada yada

I assumed the "speed up" was one of those oxymoron type things but in this case it seems to have done just that.

The notice I recieved yesterday said the actual green card should arrive within 3 weeks.

Caution: When opening the bottle of champagne, I disassembled the little wire cage over the cork and it blew big time. I thought I would at least have to give the

cork a little tug. cork went straight to the ceiling and the sound scared the dog to death, she is still limping around as if she's been shot.

Apparently when the directions say chill first I should pay attention.

Today's surprise is the Green card arrived today, just one day behind the notice of approval.

Something that real does disappoint me is, it expires in 2 years. Somehow I was thinking we were done with this for 5 years or so.

Timeline

One again, congratulations!

You are adjusting from K visa?

If so you have already been interviewed (even though

it was not for AOS, yet material facts relevant

when proceeding through AOS are also relevant

when interviewed for K visa.

For that reason AOS interview is skipped in your case

(although it is not a rule and not everyone adjusting

from K get interview waived).

Think of it, it does make a sense. You were just recently

interviewed and to interview you now is to use limited resources

without necessity (if they still felt it was necessary they would

schedule an interview).

You must be interviewed in 2 years before you get your conditions

removed and at that time you will get interviewed without any doubt.

Have a great day and good luck to you and your spouse!

local office is Austin TX,

I mailed AOS paperwork to Chicago, which I think everyone does. They recieved it Jan.11

On feb 2 they mailed me a notice that : "to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing"

California Service Center 2cnd floor yada yada

I assumed the "speed up" was one of those oxymoron type things but in this case it seems to have done just that.

The notice I recieved yesterday said the actual green card should arrive within 3 weeks.

Caution: When opening the bottle of champagne, I disassembled the little wire cage over the cork and it blew big time. I thought I would at least have to give the

cork a little tug. cork went straight to the ceiling and the sound scared the dog to death, she is still limping around as if she's been shot.

Apparently when the directions say chill first I should pay attention.

Today's surprise is the Green card arrived today, just one day behind the notice of approval.

Something that real does disappoint me is, it expires in 2 years. Somehow I was thinking we were done with this for 5 years or so.

Dont I just love the bolded punchlines of the jokes!!! Perhaps you can make this a regular comedy show. It helps relieve the stress for some of us.

when is the next show? I'm booking front row seat :lol:

Congrats!!!

Edited by ClassyBee

AOS for Parent (From B1/B2 visa)

12/14/2016 Day 01 AOS Package delivered @ Chicago lockbox (Mailed out 12/14/2016)
12/27/2016 Day 13 E-notification for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 NOAs (check cashed 12/22)

12/31/2016 Day 17 I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 NOAs delivered
01/07/2017 Day 24 Received Bio metric letter(I-765 & I-485) set for January 18 (Day 35)

04/10/2017 Day 117 E-notification Card Production for EAD(I-765) & AP(I-131) approval
04/20/2017 Day 127 Received EAD & AP combo card

06/02/2017 Day 170 E-notification for AOS (I-485) Interview July 7, 2017 @ Phoenix

07/07/2017 Day 205 AOS approved on the spot. {E-alerts: Card production on                             07/10/2017 Day 208 E-notifications: I-130 & I-485 approvals  "We mailed card.." (07/12)}

07/14/2017 Day 212 GC delivered

Click tab below to show more

Married  01/06/2012

AOS from F-1

02/13/2012 Day 00 Mailed AOS Package to USICS Chicago lockbox
02/14/2012 Day 01 AOS Package delivered @ Chicago lockbox
02/21/2012 Day 08 E-notification for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 NOAs
03/19/2012 Day 35 Received ASC Bio appointment letter(I-765 & I-485) set for April 5 (Walk-in 03/19)
04/05/2012 Day 52 E-notification for AOS (I-485) Interview set for May 7, 2012
04/1 1/2012 Day 58 E-notification Card Production for EAD(I-765) & AP(I-131) approval
04/20/2012 Day 67 Received EAD & AP combo card
05/07/2012 Day 84 AOS(I-485) Interview, No decision on the spot. E-notification for approval next day
05/16/2012 Day 93 Conditional Green card received
ROC
02/08/2014 Day 00 Mailed ROC Package to USCIS CSC
02/12/2014 Day 04 I-751 Payment Check drawn from account
02/14/2014 Day 06 Received NOA1 letter dated 02/10/2014
02/21/2014 Day 13 Received ASC Bio appointment letter set for 03/07/14
05/28/2014 Day 109 E-notification for ROC approved
06/04/2014 Day 116 10 year Green card received

Naturalization
03/11/2015 Day 00 Mailed N400 Package to Phoenix Lock-Box
03/16/2015 Day 05 E-notification for N400 NOA
03/21/2015 Day 10 Received NOA letter dated 03/16/2015
03/27/2015 Day 16 Received ASC Bio appointment letter set for 04/07/15
04/09/2015 Day 29 In line for N400 Interview
06/1 1/2015 Day 92 Received N-400 Interview letter set for 07/14/15
07/14/2015 Day 125 Naturalization Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/12/2015 Day 154 Received Oath Ceremony letter set for 09/09/2015

09/09/2015 Day 182 Nu American! Register to vote & Apply for US Passport ...@ same Bloomington city Hall

Timeline

Ok, so it turns out we'll be getting our fair share of bureaucratic delay and inefficiency after all. They misspelled Judy's new middle name on the green card. They transposed 2 letters the same way

they did on the original notice of action they sent us. We caught it on the NOA and notified them on feb 6th. They made an official service request and said they would send it to the proper office.

and they were aware that the case had been transferred to California.

When we did biometrics they said they had to use the name the way it was on the appointment notice but don't worry about it cause we had already reported it properly 4 days earlier.

When the greencard came I thought it was a non issue because they only used the first initial of the middle name on the card. Then Judy noticed that they spell the middle name out on the back of the card.

naturally it is spelled wrong. I called the USCIS. Here is the trick I used to talk somebody after getting tied up in the phone maze a couple of times. When you first call and it says pick one for english or 2 for spanish don't pick either one. They assume you are on a dial phone and can't play their numbers game. So they transfer you directly to an operator, she started off speaking spanish but also spoke perfect ;english.

I asked if this will take care of itself since the service request is already in. She said "no, download form I-90 at the uscis website, fill it out and mail it to them along with the green card we already have."

Include proof that the error is their fault (which it was) and we don't have to include the $480 fee. whoopi!

I don't have full confidence that this lady knows what she is talking about. I think it is possible since that service request is already in that they might fix this without me jumping through more hoops. and Im also

thinking that maybe if it didn't get fixed nobody would ever notice. I think I may just sit on it for a month and see if anything happens.

If this isn't bad enough, there is no way to get the cork back into a champagne bottle, We each had a glass and now the rest has gone flat. I don't want a wine but I think that's what I got now.

Timeline

Like all large companies, the USCIS has various departments handling various stages/parts of application.

800 number is staffed by tier 1 and tier 2 reps, first has nothing to do with service centers you file app with and second could be an officer from any service center other than one your app is processed at.

You could have written a letter directly to center processing your app (the address on I-797 NOA) , but chances are

they too would be unable to make changes and correct errors because some other entity inputs data and sends it to yet other entity in charge of printing documents. So, once error took place there was little you could do to correct it.

Now, you have to apply for replacement and get a new card. The good thing is if error was not of your doing then

it will cost you nothing.

As cumbersome process is, I think it still saves time and resources (instead of direct intervention USCIS allows for mechanical flow of the process.

It could be due to fact that percentage of errors (and thus need to correct) is negligibly small while the cost of direct intervening is higher(having tier two establish direct communication with data entering or printing office, having someone at those two offices stop the routine work and focus on individual spelling error etc etc etc).

By all means I have no idea how it works, but usually there is a rational explanation and reasons why it works the way it does. Yours seems to be one of those instances.

Mine is still relatively early in process ( Baltimore, MD shows July priority dates with last update on December 2011 , so assuming they have the same time period now my interview could be scheduled anywhere by May and it's only March now).

But I was curious if a poster above got an email update before IL , because it seems from the timeline like they had 'card ordered into production' email/text and then got EAD and IL in mail , with the interval of couple of days and without any email/text notification.

In any event, my local office is in different district and it is not likely to schedule an interview anytime soon. Just being curious and impatient, like a lot of applicants are :)

P.S. Any Baltimore, MD filers on this board?

I filed at the end of Dec application received on the 29th...had a RFE took a month to send that back (had to wait to get a joint sponsor) and 9 days after it was sent received interview date for April 12th in baltimore. Now all I need is a way to get around the expensive parking in the city.

Adjusting from B2 visa

12/3/2011: Hubby arrived to the USA

12/23/2011: AOS package

12/29/2011: AOS package received

01/11/2012: Acceptance email received

01/18/2012: Biometric appt and receipt received

Appointment set for 02/8/2012

01/27/2012: RFE email received

02/01/2012: Hard copy of RFE notice received

02/14/2012: RFE info sent back to USCIS

02/22/2012: Received email RFE received case continues to process at NBC

03/09/2012: Receive email with interview notice

04/12/2012: Interview in Baltimore City 9:00am

Case has to be reviewed WAITING on a decision now....

04/18/2012: APPROVED EMAIL RECEIVED AMEN!!!!!

04/23/2012: Approval/ welcome letter received in mail

04/23/2012: Card production ordered email received

04/24/2012: Card mailed email received

04/27/2012: Received email USPS picked up mail containing card notice

04/27/2012: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!!! :)

Timeline

I filed at the end of Dec application received on the 29th...had a RFE took a month to send that back (had to wait to get a joint sponsor) and 9 days after it was sent received interview date for April 12th in baltimore. Now all I need is a way to get around the expensive parking in the city.

I didn't expect any interview notice in the near future until I saw this:

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i130-i485/page/2

There are 28 cases reported for the month of January.

2 have already been approved, 16 more have been scheduled for interview. That's total of 18 cases out of 28 that

has either been approved or got IL. That's 64%. Only 36% waiting for IL (and if you look further, out of those 10 remaining pending some haven't updated the trackline since 7th of March so some of them may already got IL).

Of course this data has very little statistical reliability and can't be used to make accurate conclusion about

individual office processing times, but could Baltimore. MD be so much behind? Or could it be that all the people who post timelines on trackit share some hidden variable that explains fast processing of their cases?

I called USCIS , was told to wait at least 60 days after receipt of RFE before making further inquiries, so for now will have to just wait and contact them only second week of May

if IL not received by then.

If more Baltimore, MD filers shared their timeline we would have a better picture of current processing times at our local office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.