kate2326

Length of Relationship

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
So what do you all think of about a 3 month courtship time until filing the petition and my being 15 years older then he is. Met on a mission trip and have many things in common, goals, plans in spite of the age difference. I have been wondering if they were going to look at it weirdly.

It can be scruntinized. But the fact that you've known him 10 years is a good thing. Be sure to mention it!

The question though will be at the interview here or once we are married. Is that correct?

The interview is in the UK/Bolivia for the fiance visa (BEFORE marriage).

But if they don't believe your evidence you may get an RFE before your NOA2 approval.

Edited by devilette

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the help.

Can I just check one thing? If/When I go to the interview, can I take additional evidence past the date of filing the K1 or are they only looking between the dates that you formed the romantic relationship and filed the K1?

Additionally, since we have no paper evidence of having known him for 10yrs...only circumstancial...would it be safer to get a couple of affidavits notarised from people that have known us for the same time and can verify what we're claiming (in preparation of the interview - not for the K1 appliation).

Thx

Thanks everyone for the help.

Can I just check one thing? If/When I go to the interview, can I take additional evidence past the date of filing the K1 or are they only looking between the dates that you formed the romantic relationship and filed the K1?

Additionally, since we have no paper evidence of having known him for 10yrs...only circumstancial...would it be safer to get a couple of affidavits notarised from people that have known us for the same time and can verify what we're claiming (in preparation of the interview - not for the K1 appliation).

Thx

Are the foreign fiance? Is it the UK or Bolivia?

Any info pertinent to the relationship counts. I don't think you need those other affadavits, but if you want them, go ahead & be safe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.