frederic

getting immigrant visa with an approved I-130 after deportation

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello to everyone. I when to Us in 2001 on a student visa. Unfortunately I did not attend school in the academyc year 2002-2003 because of financial issues. Therefor my student visa became void. Durind that period I filed for asylum and my case was denied. I then got married in 2004 to a us citizen I we filed for a status ajustment. We when for our interview in october 2005 and the I-130 my wive filed for me was approuved. But I was notified by the immigration officer that I had to be deported because I overstaid my student visa and I was supposed to had lived the US long ago. So I got deported to cameroon in april 2006 with a ten years bar. I have ben living in Cameroon for the past six years now. The question is how can I get an immigarnt visa based on my approved I-130 after the 10 years i.e. in four years.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello to everyone. I when to Us in 2001 on a student visa. Unfortunately I did not attend school in the academyc year 2002-2003 because of financial issues. Therefor my student visa became void. Durind that period I filed for asylum and my case was denied. I then got married in 2004 to a us citizen I we filed for a status ajustment. We when for our interview in october 2005 and the I-130 my wive filed for me was approuved. But I was notified by the immigration officer that I had to be deported because I overstaid my student visa and I was supposed to had lived the US long ago. So I got deported to cameroon in april 2006 with a ten years bar. I have ben living in Cameroon for the past six years now. The question is how can I get an immigarnt visa based on my approved I-130 after the 10 years i.e. in four years.

Due to your preceding noted circumstances, you may want to retain the services of an attorney, knowledgeable in the finer points of US Immigration law.

Good luck,

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Fredric are you and the wife still married?

Thank you for you interest in this question.

Yes I and my wife are still married. she even filed a waver five years ago not long after I got deported but they said it was to early. We just gave up and decided to wait till after the ten years. I have no criminal record or anything like that.

Thank you for you interest in this question.

Yes I and my wife are still married. she even filed a waver five years ago not long after I got deported but they said it was to early. We just gave up and decided to wait till after the ten years. I have no criminal record or anything like that.

Fredric you and your wife need to study and visit this site. http://immigrate2us.net/forum/content.php

They have more information regarding waviers and every week they have a free lawyer forum. Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.