coops905

AOS approved pending.....

3 posts in this topic

Timeline

Okay - so my husband and I had our interview this morning. All went fine, except..... the Medical form was missing some info. Trust that the one thing that went wrong was something so out of my control as to be in a sealed envelope......

So the interviewer said that she was approving our case, pending receipt of the completed Medical Form. She printed out a form that specified the missing info, and where to send the completed I-693, and instructed us to send that form in with a new I-693. The mailing address is the same as where the interview was this morning, and even includes to put "attn AOS continuing cases" on the envelope.

I have already rushed out and got the medical exam form done, and will be putting it in expedited mail tomorrow morning.

My question is: is this going to add a lot of time to my case? A day or two? Weeks? Anyone have any experience with this?

Second question: I totally forgot to ask the woman what this means about my ability to travel. I was expecting to get approval on the spot, and then get my green card in a few weeks, like everyone else. I have a trip booked to asia at the end of next month, and didn't even think twice about booking it because I didn't think there was any chance that i wouldn't have my greencard by then. So what's my travel status right now? I still have my advance parole, but the interviewer kept my last I-94 entry card. I'm here on an F-1 visa, but haven't been using it since I got my advance parole.

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

"It's not over till the fat lady sings" -- and you're not approved until you're actually approved (i.e. you get a stamp in your passport or an approval letter and GC in the mail). So right now your status is the same as before the interview -- you are still "pending adjustment". You must still use your AP to travel. Don't worry about the I-94, if asked, just say you went to your AOS interview and they took it there.

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This happened to me as well -- my approval was deferred until the two parts of my file were reconciled. I was told to use my AP paperwork if I needed to travel while I was waiting for approval.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.