JesseandMary

I 131 application question

3 posts in this topic

when we sent our AOS, i785 and i131 we mailed everything together to the Chicago Il po box. so when i check the status of the 785 and 131 applications do i search the current processing times under "chicago il district office" ? our AOS was redirected to California Service Center.

the i131 under chicago il says they are working on reciepts from February 17, 2006

the 131 i was told takes no more than 90 days. the processing time for the AOS is less than the travel document. so is this just the current case they are working on that might just so happen to have some problems maybe, or is this look like a 7 month process time?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi,

I just spoke to someone at USCIS today and asked her a similar question: basically, whether I should be checking Chicago or California processing times to track the dates for AP and she told me I should be looking at my local office, i.e., Los Angeles and not Chicago.

I hope this is right!

Donna

I-130 <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->TIMELINE<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->:

10/24/04: GOT MARRIED IN THE US!!

05/27/05: NOA1

05/30/05: "touched"

12/05/05: Approved!!

<!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->K-3<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->/I-129f <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->TIMELINE<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02-->:

10/05/05: NOA1

10/27/05: "touched"

10/15/05: "touched"

10/16/05: "touched"

??/??/??: Approved!!

11/30/05: Sent to London Embassy

12/07/05: Medical in London

01/17/06: Packet 3 sent

01/19/06: Embassy received

March 06: K-3 Approved

May 06: Entry into Los Angeles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

All marriage based APs (I-131) are processed in Missouri (Missouri Service Center, National Benefits Center). The local offices don't issue APs.

TO check how long an AP takes, follow this link https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp? .

Even though the NOA states that processing takes 60 to 90 days, they actually need longer. September 19th they worked on AP applications with NOA date June 10th.....

It is super frustrating, but there is nothing we can do.

Good luck.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.