Eddie&A

What Should I Do?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Hello everyone :) I understand that my fiance's G-325A form requires her signature. I did not find this out until just recently. I signed my name to both mine and her G-325A and sent those in with my I-129f along with proof of relationship evidence. Since then I sent her the weblink and had her sign her name. She then emailed the signed form back to me.

If I'm wrong please let me know, but is it correct in saying that if I do not send the newly signed G-325A from my fiance to USCIS, she can just simply sign her name on this form at her interview? I recently got a RFE for "initial" evidence and since then sent that back to the USCIS. I figured USCIS would have told me they needed her signature. Since they did not, should I still send the G-325A signed by my fiance as to not slow down the NOA2 or what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Merry Christmas to all VJ members :D

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-25

NVC Received : 2012-02-03

NVC Left : 2012-02-14

Consulate Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-03-19

Packet 4 Received : 2012-04-02

Interview Date : 2012-05-10

2012-05-25 Evidence given to consular officer.

Interview Result : Approved!

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

The initial G-325 does not need her signature.

She will do it at the interview.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

The G325 does require a signature.

Actually - it does not for a I-129F petition.

Since his beneficiary is living abroad - the beneficiary can sign it at the interview - and this will not result in a RFE.

Also - if the petitioner fails to sign the G-325 - the lack of their signature will not generate a RFE - since the I-129F is signed.

Source

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Not that it makes any difference but i wish I had known it when i filed mine.I had her sign the form even though I had signed the 1-129f.Thanks for the correction.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Actually - it does not for a I-129F petition.

Since his beneficiary is living abroad - the beneficiary can sign it at the interview - and this will not result in a RFE.

Also - if the petitioner fails to sign the G-325 - the lack of their signature will not generate a RFE - since the I-129F is signed.

Source

Thank you so much for this information. I was worried that there might be another RFE. Again, thank you.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Laos

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-19

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-11-28

RFE Reply(s) : 2011-12-13 Received my initial evidence, 2012-01-03 congressional inquiry conducted; officer is looking at the documents; says should have decision in a few weeks

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-25

NVC Received : 2012-02-03

NVC Left : 2012-02-14

Consulate Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-03-19

Packet 4 Received : 2012-04-02

Interview Date : 2012-05-10

2012-05-25 Evidence given to consular officer.

Interview Result : Approved!

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.