TeapotGirl

International warranty questions

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance bought a Phillips MP4 here and after 2mos, it quit turning on even if it looked fully charge. When he called Phillips, they said they are not recognizing that GoGear MP4 he bought here so I am kinda paranoid with my next purchase.

I need to buy a DSLR camera. Hidalgo in Quiapo sells 5k cheaper cameras but they only cover in store warranty. Apparently, I will eventually need to bring the said camera in the US. I know they are selling genuine Canon camera's in Hidalgo but that place got lower rental fees and somehow they are getting away with taxes.

Are the DSLR's being sold in Hidalgo considered as legally "fake"?

Am I going to have a hard time bringing the camera in the US if I bought it from Hidalgo?

Are the Canon products cover a 3 year international warranty as well?

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I guess, before buying a product, it is better to ask the company if international warranty will cover that particular country. Because there can be many situations as they may not have certain part for that mode.

I got a Nokia N8 from HongKong, and when I called to Indian Nokia care to check if it has warranty in India, and their answer was no.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

I guess, before buying a product, it is better to ask the company if international warranty will cover that particular country. Because there can be many situations as they may not have certain part for that mode.

I got a Nokia N8 from HongKong, and when I called to Indian Nokia care to check if it has warranty in India, and their answer was no.

I will bring it in the US. I was only able to talk to the sales people and haven't called Canon Philippines itself. You know how sales just tend to say just exactly what you want to hear?

I am wondering about these cameras in Hidalgo because if Canon Philippines doesn't cover international warranty, there'no sense of buying it from them.

Edited by TeapotGirl

Happy New Year!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Most high end electronics companies warranties are indeed regional or even country specific. Manufacturing specifications for these items often times varies from region to region (or even from country to country) additionally some regions/countries have differing warranty requirements.

If you buy any electronic device in the Philippines/Asia and are bringing it to the US expect that your warranty is worthless once you land here.

Timeline

My fiance bought a Phillips MP4 here and after 2mos, it quit turning on even if it looked fully charge. When he called Phillips, they said they are not recognizing that GoGear MP4 he bought here so I am kinda paranoid with my next purchase.

I need to buy a DSLR camera. Hidalgo in Quiapo sells 5k cheaper cameras but they only cover in store warranty. Apparently, I will eventually need to bring the said camera in the US. I know they are selling genuine Canon camera's in Hidalgo but that place got lower rental fees and somehow they are getting away with taxes.

Are the DSLR's being sold in Hidalgo considered as legally "fake"?

Am I going to have a hard time bringing the camera in the US if I bought it from Hidalgo?

Are the Canon products cover a 3 year international warranty as well?

You do NOT want to bring anything FAKE into the USA.. If they check your bags you could end up in big trouble. Stay only with 100% legit items

Timeline

Phillips gogear is the cheapest ####### mp3 players in USA. They don't support the warranty even in the USA. The warrant is not worth the paper it is written on. Only good products are Ipod and Sony.

Best to have your fiance contact Cannon and Nikon in the USA and ask about their warranty. You could email places like best buy.com. They should also be able to tell you if you bought a cannon product there if they would warrant cover you here.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
You do NOT want to bring anything FAKE into the USA.. If they check your bags you could end up in big trouble. Stay only with 100% legit items

Not entirely accurate...

If you're only bringing in one or two for personal use then you won't have any problems.

If you've got a dozen fakes in your luggage then you could either have the items seized or find yourself charged with importing the items.

Timeline

I just don't understand what's "fake" or not. If we are talking about the kit and the body, it's the exactly the same thing. Those people are just getting away with taxes that's why the prices are incredibly low. I want to know if there's any difference in the paper or something.

Phillips gogear is the cheapest ####### mp3 players in USA. They don't support the warranty even in the USA. The warrant is not worth the paper it is written on. Only good products are Ipod and Sony.

Best to have your fiance contact Cannon and Nikon in the USA and ask about their warranty. You could email places like best buy.com. They should also be able to tell you if you bought a cannon product there if they would warrant cover you here.

Really?? So it wouldn't matter if he bought it there? Calling Canbon USA is an excellent idea. Thank you.

Happy New Year!

Timeline

If you buy any electronic device in the Philippines/Asia and are bringing it to the US expect that your warranty is worthless once you land here.

Oh I see. Thank you.

Happy New Year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.