EAbbas

New Islamabad AP Tracker

4,237 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The embassy was closed Monday and will also close 3 days this week for Eid.

My co-sponsor is having trouble getting an employment letter and 6 months worth of paystubs from his job. The payroll lady was on vacation for a week and now that

she's back she is taking her sweet time and saying she will get around to it.

In the meantime my husband is asking me everyday to send the co-sponsors affidavit of support and supporting documents so he can go to his interview. I feel very

pressured and am having trouble sleeping at night. I will be so happy when we get our visa and no longer have to deal with the embassy.

Carloyn u don't need employment letter I sent in my documents without it nd got approved for joint sponser

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My co-sponsor worked at 3 different jobs in 2012. I wanted to show that he is now with one company and has been there for many months.

I just filed my co-sponsors 2012 federal return yesterday. In reading the instructions for the I-864 it says if you file late you need to send a transcript instead ofa copy of the return. I am going to call NVC and see if that is always true. If it is that means we will have to wait an additional 4 to 6 weeks to have the

interview.

Timeline

Guys Embassy have asked me to submit a fresh DS230. I am confused wether to sign it or not as it say sign it infront of consular only and am i suppose to send it via american express or by hand? waiting for your help please

Timeline

Guys Embassy have asked me to submit a fresh DS230. I am confused wether to sign it or not as it say sign it infront of consular only and am i suppose to send it via american express or by hand? waiting for your help please

sir dont need to worry sign both parts, i just send his form both parts signed as told by the embassy.

Timeline

My co-sponsor worked at 3 different jobs in 2012. I wanted to show that he is now with one company and has been there for many months.

I just filed my co-sponsors 2012 federal return yesterday. In reading the instructions for the I-864 it says if you file late you need to send a transcript instead ofa copy of the return. I am going to call NVC and see if that is always true. If it is that means we will have to wait an additional 4 to 6 weeks to have the

interview.

Well that's what paystubs are for what I have seen is they make you get more documents so it will take more time plus lthey don't even look our documents as they should they approved my joint sponser and after that they wanted my fiancé's proof of address which I knew they will this up later on and didn't even bothered to tell me abt it after 1 week I got a call from them and arguing for like 15mins on call they found my papers for proof address which they didn't even tried to find and in the we are sorry for that my 1week wasted coz of there own fault

Timeline

Well that's what paystubs are for what I have seen is they make you get more documents so it will take more time plus lthey don't even look our documents as they should they approved my joint sponser and after that they wanted my fiancé's proof of address which I knew they will this up later on and didn't even bothered to tell me abt it after 1 week I got a call from them and arguing for like 15mins on call they found my papers for proof address which they didn't even tried to find and in the we are sorry for that my 1week wasted coz of there own fault

Did you get the visa?

interview.

Carolyn,

I would just turn in the federal tax return. Don't delay it too much.. Currently they are issue visas during the interviews. Just send what u can. Inshallah he will be approved.

Timeline

I will send what I have to my husband on Monday by FedEx. It will take 5 days to reach my husband then he can go to the embassy and God willing he will be approved.

Timeline

Did you get the visa?

Carolyn,

I would just turn in the federal tax return. Don't delay it too much.. Currently they are issue visas during the interviews. Just send what u can. Inshallah he will be approved.

No waiting not yet that lady on call told me to expect this week but I know my medical nd police clearance r expired on 15th oct so they will ask for a new

I will send what I have to my husband on Monday by FedEx. It will take 5 days to reach my husband then he can go to the embassy and God willing he will be approved.

Send from DHL if u csn it takes 3days.

I posted this as a new topic but nobody has answered maybe you guys can help me. To be sure the embassy will accept the co-sponsors Affidavit of Support how much

money should he make to be over the minimum 125%. A thousand, 2 thousand or 5 thousand?

I don't want him to be right at the 125% because I fear they would reject his I864. Somebody please help me.

Also I wrote to President Obama about my case 3 months ago. Today I got a letter from USCIS in the mail. I have not read the letter yet. I am too afraid to read the

letter. Why would USCIS be writing to me and not the Department of State? After 4 years of dealing with the visa process all my money is gone and my nerves are shot. I can't take it anymore. I feel so much pressure. If I tell my husband I got the letter he will say open it right away. So I am not going to tell him. I am just goingto leave the letter alone until I feel more courage.

u should open the letter..it might have some info which they might require or help u assess where ur case stands so far...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.