dinu

Please help

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Hi!

The DS 230 have been generated for my husband's IR visa on the 25th and I need to know some information please......

Does the NVC send the DS 230 to my husband in Sri Lanka or me? (I'm the Agent for him).

If they send it to him, should I print it out from the state dept website and fedex it to him and have him fill it out and send it back to me, and send it to the NVC with the cover letter that I made with James shortcuts?

Or

Just fill it out myself since I'm the agent, and send it to them with the cover letter (and also the copy of his passport)?

please as soon as you can.

Thanks...................

Hi!

The DS 230 have been generated for my husband's IR visa on the 25th and I need to know some information please......

Does the NVC send the DS 230 to my husband in Sri Lanka or me? (I'm the Agent for him).

If they send it to him, should I print it out from the state dept website and fedex it to him and have him fill it out and send it back to me, and send it to the NVC with the cover letter that I made with James shortcuts?

Or

Just fill it out myself since I'm the agent, and send it to them with the cover letter (and also the copy of his passport)?

Your husband has to fill it out, and send it back with a copy of the bio page of his passport, it will be quicker if he can download the form himself if he has internet access!!

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Hi!

Or

It does not matter who fills the DS 230 part I out as long as you have correct information, but it must be signed and dated by your husband, the applicant. You will also need to send the photocopy of his biographic information pages. You or he can download the form from the state deparetment website, fill it out on teh computer, print it out. A black and white printer can be used to print it out so that the yellow highlighted areas are not visible. Then your husband needs to sign and date it. You have to write case number on the top right hand corner of DS 230 part I and passport copy pages.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

That's what I did...I downloaded the form from the Dep. of State website and sent it to my husband, with a copy of my passport (biographical page). He's my agent, so he added the barcode page and used their envelope to send it out. The NVC may tell you to use the form that they send you, but it's better to do the computer one because you can fill it out online and print it. The other one you have to fill out manually.

Ask your husband to do it ASAP and send it to you. So you might have his documents already by the time you get the NVC package.

Alix

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.