CAdreamer

titre test info?

8 posts in this topic

So, I'm still waiting for NOA2, but I want to get moving on stuff for the medical/interview stage. I've been looking into the vaccination stuff and I'm a bit in the dark.

(I'm in Ontario, if that helps...)

I called the local public health office but they told me (gak) I'm too old and they don't keep records that long (I'm only 41, for cryin' out loud!). I've been with my family doctor since I was 17, but he says that he doesn't have any immunization information from my childhood in his records, and my pediatrician retired long ago.

So... I asked my doctor about the magical titre test that will define what I have immunity for. He has never heard of any such test and has no idea what I'm talking about. Sorry, can't help you. End of discussion.

So... any ideas? Is there anyone who did have the test done who can give me a specific name or point me in the right direction? I don't know whether to go to a walk-in clinic to try a different doctor, or if I can just show up at a lab and ask to have blood work done... I have no idea where to go now.

Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated. Thanks.

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Fantastic. Thanks for the Life Labs info. I know I've had all the immunizations, I just don't have any proof of it. I'll give LL a call on Monday and see if I can get things rolling.

Thanks! :thumbs:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

If you haven't had any booster shots done as an adult you are probably going to require some. I'm only a year older than you (42) and I've had to get Tetanus/Diptheria/Polio twice (only good for 10 yrs), Hep A (2 shots 6 months apart), Hep B (3 shots over 6 months) and PPD as an adult among others.

I haven't had to pay for any as an adult, just got them through the public health offices and work but I hear on here that some vaccines are only available at travel clinics for a fee in some places.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to get a Tdap because my pertussis vaccine was an older type.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had no problems getting titre tests done in ON, I just went to my family Dr and asked for them. If your doctor does not know what a titre test is, I would be worried about the level of care that I am getting from them!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ya thats pretty silly i talked to a public health clinic about tracking my records she couldn't find anything about baby records and i have no idea about the doctor who did them so she said i could just get a test

Oookay, so apparently my doctor is a doofus. :bonk:

Thanks for all the info!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I'm still waiting for NOA2, but I want to get moving on stuff for the medical/interview stage. I've been looking into the vaccination stuff and I'm a bit in the dark.

(I'm in Ontario, if that helps...)

I called the local public health office but they told me (gak) I'm too old and they don't keep records that long (I'm only 41, for cryin' out loud!). I've been with my family doctor since I was 17, but he says that he doesn't have any immunization information from my childhood in his records, and my pediatrician retired long ago.

So... I asked my doctor about the magical titre test that will define what I have immunity for. He has never heard of any such test and has no idea what I'm talking about. Sorry, can't help you. End of discussion.

So... any ideas? Is there anyone who did have the test done who can give me a specific name or point me in the right direction? I don't know whether to go to a walk-in clinic to try a different doctor, or if I can just show up at a lab and ask to have blood work done... I have no idea where to go now.

Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated. Thanks.

Here is a link on the Dr. Seiden Clinic in Toronto's website, for the shots required for your age group:

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

If you print that and bring it to a walk-in clinic... it shows what shots are required. I had a shot called "adacel" which was the combination thing mentioned (diptheria, etc.) as well as tetanus, and a flu shot. I had a blood test done for the titres immunity, the test was back in a week or so, and did not need measles/mumps/rubella. They also check for immunity to Chicken pox which is called varicella.

That was it. I did not require Hep B shots as you can see from this list.

then I took a print-out from the doctor and a signed card from the nurse and brought it to my medical. There was no need (it's impossible) to show any shots from my childhood.

It is scary that a doctor would not know what a titres test is :hehe:

hope this helps!

Edited by frostiana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.