6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi guys!

As I posted before my medical has been today! and here is the review of that.

I had read that it could take hooours to complete and that it would be better to be there early, so it was set at 3pm... I was there at noon!!! jajajaja so I had to go somewhere there to wait till its the time, I went there at 2:30 and gave the doccumentation to the secretary (3 passport photos, interview letter and passport) They asked me if I had any vaccination record,I said no, so they asked me first to go to X rays, I went and when it finished asked the Dr. if all was ok, she said it was good :) then went back to the secretary and she said I had to go to laboratory to get bloodwork, they had marked just 1 option, VDRL I asked the nurse what that meant and she said its for siphilis, after that I went to the secretary again and she told me I had to go to get the vaccinations, then I went there and was nervous! didnt know if I was going to have any reactions, but the dr hands had magic and i didnt feel anything :).

Then I came back and they called me to pass to the Dr. Corigliano office, he is very polite and kind, asked me my name, age and date of birth, then asked me who was asking for me and what state i was going to, then asked me what medicines i had reactions and i explained, asked me about the surgery and I explained and then asked me to go to be examinated by him, he mesured my blood pressure,then the beats of my heart, then ask me to breath deeply and heard my lungs. Then ask me to lay and examinated the chest and stomack seeking for reflects in 3 points there, then examinated the legs and feet and then the weight and height. Then asked me to read some letters and then follow his finger with my eyes without moving my head, then to sit down and a couple of more questions and told me to come back on friday to pick up my envelope, I asked if everything was good and he smiled and said yes! everything is good!! :)

Hope this is helpful for who is going to have the medical,very simple! and fast, it took just 1 hour and a half to be done :)

TdATm5.png

*07-12-2011 --- Package sent :)

*07-13-2011 --- NOA1 , Vermont!

*07-20-2011 --- Touched.

*10-14-2011 --- NOA2!!! Yeeeeeeee!!!!

*10-19-2011 --- Hardcopy of NOA2 :)!!

*10-24-2011 --- NVC Received (no case number assigned yet)

*10-26-2011 --- NVC case number assigned :)

*10-28-2011 --- NVC sent to the embassy :)

*10-31-2011 --- Embassy receives package!!! :)

*12-05-2011 --- Medical! _____DONE AND PASSED!!! :)

*12-19-2011 --- Interview!!! :)!! APPROVED!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

*12-29-2011 --- Visa in hand! :D

*12-30-2011 --- POE Newark!! Finally with mi amor!

*02-24-2012 --- We got married! :) [/color][/font][/font]

Timeline

Thank you so much for this review !! So helpful, I will tell my fiance to go to this Dr.

So you didnt have any vaccinations done before? and he did them all there. I this right?

How much did you end up paying for the whole DR visit? If you dont mind me asking.

I wish you all the best at your interview and cant wait to hear how that goes :)

sad_love_quote_13.gif

event.png[/img]

event.png

Timeline

Hi! you´re welcome :)

I hadvaccinations before but my mom didnt keep it jjajaja so I went there with no vaccination card and I have to get them there. When I called them they told me to bring 1000 soles in total, 300 for the medical and 700 for the vaccines, but that end up being 600 soles in total :) much less, it all depends on the age of your fiancee and her medical history which she doesnt have to bring there but she has to file the form that comes with the package from the embassy and the Dr. evaluates that and ask her for the vaccination that she will need. The reason for the vaccines is that to be elegible for an inmigrant visa she has to have all the vaccines that are required according to the US law, they will give her when she goes to pick up the envelope a paper that she can use in hospitals and universities there that says that she has been vaccinated here, if she travels in less than a month she will have to get the 2nd dosis of one of the vaccines there,if she will still be here then the clinic will call her to get the 2nd dosis ( add that $$ to what I have told u ).

Other thing is that yes I didnt feel anything at the moment I got the vaccinations BUT the next day I felt totally sick and was with fever (not so high) but like 39°C , so if she is working better to ask for a couple of days off bcause one for the medical (or half day) and other to rest bcause - atleast from my experience - her arm will hurt and she wont feel like going to work.

Thank you for the wishes and keep us updated of your experiences and your journey! :)

TdATm5.png

*07-12-2011 --- Package sent :)

*07-13-2011 --- NOA1 , Vermont!

*07-20-2011 --- Touched.

*10-14-2011 --- NOA2!!! Yeeeeeeee!!!!

*10-19-2011 --- Hardcopy of NOA2 :)!!

*10-24-2011 --- NVC Received (no case number assigned yet)

*10-26-2011 --- NVC case number assigned :)

*10-28-2011 --- NVC sent to the embassy :)

*10-31-2011 --- Embassy receives package!!! :)

*12-05-2011 --- Medical! _____DONE AND PASSED!!! :)

*12-19-2011 --- Interview!!! :)!! APPROVED!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

*12-29-2011 --- Visa in hand! :D

*12-30-2011 --- POE Newark!! Finally with mi amor!

*02-24-2012 --- We got married! :) [/color][/font][/font]

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Thank you so much for posting all of this great information about your visa process. My fiance will be going through the K1 interview in Lima in August, and your posts have been amazingly helpful. Thank you again, and best wishes for your continued happiness with your amor!

Lauren (US) and Eduardo (Peru)

*Feb. 14, 2013 - mailed in I129-F petition (from Peru)
*Feb. 27, 2013 - NOA1 from VSC

*Feb - June, 2013: obsessive checking on case at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

*June 26, 2013 - petition approved and forwarded to Consulate in Peru
*July 16, 2013 - I emailed embassy in Peru, since no word yet
*July 16, 2013 - Received email response from embassy, stating packet has been sent to my fiance in Peru, and his interview date
*July 25, 2013 - Interview packet still not received by fiance in Peru (was finally received Sept. 2nd... jaja)
*Aug. 21, 2013 - Interview date!

*Aug. 26, 2013 - medical exam (earliest date he could get)
*Sept. 1, 2013 - Planned wedding date (fingers and toes crossed!... we know, we're crazy)... not approved in time :(

*Sept. 2, 2013 - Picked up medical exam results (first day available; needed 5 business days + national holiday)

*Sept. 3, 2013 - Hand delivered medical exam results to the embassy; VISA APPROVED!!!!

--- waiting for visa and passport --- (Check DHL here: https://usvisa-info.com/es-pe/selfservice/ss_country_welcome)

*Sept. 14, 2013: Planned wedding date #2...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.