qoo

Need to make correction of applicant name in order

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi dear friends,

Hope anybody here can help and give me suggestion.

When I was parparing to send DS-3032 to NVC by email, I discovered that my daughter's first name and middle name was mixed up just as I did in the I-130 application form. I quickly sent to both USCIS and NVC with a cover letter requesting for correction, with a scan-copy of the corrected I-130, her birthday certificate and I.D. Card.

What else should I do to hopefully gaurantee there's be no delay for her visa case?

Many thanks to the friends here for help!

qoo

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi dear friends,

Hope anybody here can help and give me suggestion.

When I was parparing to send DS-3032 to NVC by email, I discovered that my daughter's first name and middle name was mixed up just as I did in the I-130 application form. I quickly sent to both USCIS and NVC with a cover letter requesting for correction, with a scan-copy of the corrected I-130, her birthday certificate and I.D. Card.

What else should I do to hopefully gaurantee there's be no delay for her visa case?

Many thanks to the friends here for help!

qoo

you sent a letter... the corrected 130..? the I130 was not necessary that only complicate things. You should just send evidence referencing the correction i.e. copy of birth cert. passport etc. of course making sure the case # is documented.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

Hi Richard,

I received NVC email reponse regarding my request to make correction of my daugther's name. They said I'll need to submit a copy of biographical page of her passport to NVC.

National Visa Center

ATTN: WC

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

By the way, are you filing for your brother? I saw from your timeline Brother's journey that you put AOS fee & IV fee paid in 2012 Jan & Mar??? Is it your prediction only?

Are you filing for your brother or your Dad/Mom file for your brother?

Timeline

Hi Richard,

I received NVC email reponse regarding my request to make correction of my daugther's name. They said I'll need to submit a copy of biographical page of her passport to NVC.

National Visa Center

ATTN: WC

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

By the way, are you filing for your brother? I saw from your timeline Brother's journey that you put AOS fee & IV fee paid in 2012 Jan & Mar??? Is it your prediction only?

Are you filing for your brother or your Dad/Mom file for your brother?

My bother is filing for him that is why the visa category is F2A.

Since the priority date is not close.. we are NOT in a hurry to pay the fees.

Once the AOS is submitted it will last for 1 year... need to make sure the forms wont be revised within that time.

We will not submit the DS-230 until about May 2012 or when ever the VISA bulletin has gotten to 2010. So if that is in June, July that is when the forms/documents will be submitted. Dont want to submit paper work which will expire and waste time.. and money. The case WILL NOT go any slower than the person who had his/her case completed in say Feb. 2012 with a priority date of say January 2011 (after mine) because the case WILL NOT be given an interview until after the priority date is current.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

Oh Ricardo, I'm so sorry, I got your name spelt wrong in the previous replies!

Not to worry... you're not the only one. Many does it... our moderator Kathryn does it too headbonk.gif never usually correct them,

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

Hi Ricardo,

Oh so we paid way too early!

We are both in 2010 dec filer. So our PD is on Dec 2010. And the current looks like on Feb 2009. Is that mean it will takes almost 22 months to be current and to get for interview?? So that they could come???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.