lynn2018

Flying AA and Iberia

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys!! i leave tmorrow going to Morocco flying from NY-Madrid-Casablanca. it isnt allowing me to check in early.... is everything ok? i fly american airlines to madrid then iberia to casablanca... it is one single purchase so i hope it will be a easy transition. anyone know anything about the terminal 4s in madrid? or any help at all would be appreciated!!!! soo excited to see abedine im beyond myself but started to stress a little about the flying part...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I dont know anything about that flight, i went from NY, to Paris to Casa. All i can advise to get to the airline a few hours early so you can check in and get your baggage checked also :) Alsoooo dont forget to send me pics, hhhhh Have fun and and enjoy all your time!!!

Timeline

AAAWWW shoot Courtney I went thtrough Madrid the last time I went...... But can't really recall any of the details :0/ But I do remember it was super easy :0)

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It should be fairly easy to get around once you land, just read the signs well and take the elevators. Not sure if you have to claim your luggage I had too because I had a 7 hour layover but I think if your layover is less than 4 hours they just move your luggage to the connecting flight. Good luck and safe travels...

Timeline

I've done a similar itinerary and I've always been able to check in early at least for the first flight. Are you able to check in to the NYC-Casablanca portion?

Madrid is a very easy airport to navigate. I think you'll have to go through security with your carry-on bag again, but it's always very fast.

Timeline

Agreed...Madrid is easy.

However, I hate to say but American Airlines sucks a lollipop. I experienced cancellations, delays, rudeness from the staff, and very little in the way of accommodation. Not to mention, I had a few things wrapped up in my luggage and they broke EVERYTHING...even my hairdryer :angry:

Double check everything with those fools.

Aside from that...enjoy your trip! :star:

Met: 3/2010
Married: 1/12/11
Sent Paperwork to Chicago Lockbox: 4/16/2011
Received NOA1: 4/21/2011 (routed to California Service Center)
Received NOA2: 7/11/2011
NVC Receives case: 8/18/2011 (case number issued and acquired via phone inquiry)
NVC sends correspondence: 8/23/11
Change of Agent form sent: 8/23/11
Paid I-864 invoice: 8/23/11
I-864 invoice shows paid: 8/25/11
IV Invoice bill: 09/01/11
IV Invoice paid: 09/01/11
Mailed out Visa Package to NVC: 09/09/11
Received application acknowledgement confirmation from NVC: 09/16/11
Mailed out Affidavit of Support: 09/18/11
NVC received Affidavit of Support: 9/20/11
NVC Case Complete: 9/26/11
Interview Appointment Received: 10/6/11 (Interview scheduled for November 9th 2011)
Interview: 11/9/11 (pending)
Consulate calls Faisal and reschedules interview because of holiday closure: 10/27/11
New Interview Date: 11/22/11
Interview Status: APPROVED
Arrival in US: 12/21/11
POE: Miami
ARRIVED!!!!!!! Welcome home!!!!!
Received Green Card: 1/25/12
Received SS Card: 2/1/12
Faisal's first job: 2/15/12
Faisal's first day of school: 8/26/2012
Pregnant: 9/6/2012

It's a Girl!: 6/2/2013

Sent out Removal of conditions paperwork: 9/22/13

Received receipt from Homeland Security: 10/1/2013

event.png

Timeline

I've done a similar itinerary and I've always been able to check in early at least for the first flight. Are you able to check in to the NYC-Casablanca portion?

Madrid is a very easy airport to navigate. I think you'll have to go through security with your carry-on bag again, but it's always very fast.

I meant to say, the NYC-Madrid portion. :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Different airline but I flew msp to detroit to paris to algiers once and they checked me in at the counter for all flights. I flew northwest for the first leg and air france the rest. I was very nervous as I only had a 50 minute layover in France but everything went well. Good luck and have a safe trip.

event.png

Timeline

no it wouldnt let me check the NY=Madrid, said i would need to do it at the counter.... that mean soething wrong?!

I believe that it is because you need to present your passport to them in order to check in. Don't quote me on it but, I think that is the issue. Do you have a seat on the flight? If there is assigned already and the flight isn't cancelled then this is surely why.

Good luck!

Edited by Silverberry1331

Met: 3/2010
Married: 1/12/11
Sent Paperwork to Chicago Lockbox: 4/16/2011
Received NOA1: 4/21/2011 (routed to California Service Center)
Received NOA2: 7/11/2011
NVC Receives case: 8/18/2011 (case number issued and acquired via phone inquiry)
NVC sends correspondence: 8/23/11
Change of Agent form sent: 8/23/11
Paid I-864 invoice: 8/23/11
I-864 invoice shows paid: 8/25/11
IV Invoice bill: 09/01/11
IV Invoice paid: 09/01/11
Mailed out Visa Package to NVC: 09/09/11
Received application acknowledgement confirmation from NVC: 09/16/11
Mailed out Affidavit of Support: 09/18/11
NVC received Affidavit of Support: 9/20/11
NVC Case Complete: 9/26/11
Interview Appointment Received: 10/6/11 (Interview scheduled for November 9th 2011)
Interview: 11/9/11 (pending)
Consulate calls Faisal and reschedules interview because of holiday closure: 10/27/11
New Interview Date: 11/22/11
Interview Status: APPROVED
Arrival in US: 12/21/11
POE: Miami
ARRIVED!!!!!!! Welcome home!!!!!
Received Green Card: 1/25/12
Received SS Card: 2/1/12
Faisal's first job: 2/15/12
Faisal's first day of school: 8/26/2012
Pregnant: 9/6/2012

It's a Girl!: 6/2/2013

Sent out Removal of conditions paperwork: 9/22/13

Received receipt from Homeland Security: 10/1/2013

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.