Queen-O

Evidence of Bona fide relationship

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am a bit nervous about the phone records because i used calling cards for awhile and i don't know how its possible to get records of that. Also I'm no longer with the phone company i used then. i switched to rebtel because it was cheaper at the beginning of this year so anything before then is :( inaccessible. I have some chat records and fb messages. no emails. my husband is not an internet person. he rarely gets on unless i want him to see a picture or something. This is what i have enclosed as proof of a bona fide marriage:

phone records from Jan-May 2011 and from Aug-Nov 2011(I was in naija from may -july)

Yahoo chat records from 2010 - early 2011( we never chat every day maybe 1-2 weeks apart like i said we don't chat much online we talk on the phone everyday)

a few emails maybe 5-10

fb messages from 2009- October 2011 (once again not daily maybe once or twice a week)

our house lease in naija

affidavit from my mom acknowledging our relationship

pictures

marriage certificate

i also included a time line of important events in our relationship and a brief story about how we met

passport stamps from both my passports (Nigerian and us) showing entry dates to prove my visits

is this sufficient? how many pictures should i include? do i need to bind the chat records or can i staple them? also how hard would it be for him to get call records in naija? he uses Airtel? his call records would be more because he has had the same number since we met and he does call me just about everyday since we met.

thanks i know this is a lot! lol

Bolanle & Kingsley's CR1 Timeline

12/19/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

12/21/11: Package delivered

12/23/11: NOA1 via text / Initial review

12/27/11: Check Cashed by USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/10/12: NOA2 via text/email I-130 APPROVED!!!

NVC Process

5/29/12: NVC received our case

6/10/12: Received case#

6/12/12: DS-3032 Email sent

6/12/12: I-864 (AOS) invoice email received

6/15/12: AOS fee paid Online (Paid)

6/21/12: DS-3032 acceptance email received

6/22/12: Immigrant visa fee invoice email received

7/01/12: I-864 (AOS) package sent to NVC

8/24/12: RFE sent to NVC

10/5/12: IV Bill paid

10/20/12: DS-230 package sent to NVC

11/13/12: case complete with NVC

11/26/12: case @ embassy in Nigeria

12/26/12:NTERVIEW SCHEDULED for 01/23/13!!! WHOOOOWHOOO

12/31/12: sent documents needed for interview to hubby through DHL

01/10/13: Hubby medical exam completed

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would suggest that you include everything that you have available to send as proof of consistent communication. It would be helpful for your husband to obtain his records since he has been in regular contact with you and that will make up for what you have lacking in your records. When I arranged my package, I used a two hole punch with the little metal clips to make things very easy for the person reviewing the records. And I sent in about 5-6 pictures--my husband and I aren't big picture people at all! I think that what they are looking for is proof of an ongoing, valid relationship, so you want to have a few items under each category of supporting documents. I wouldn't worry too much about what you are lacking, because it sounds like you have a good variety of proofs. I sent in all the communication proofs that I had access to from both sides (his and mine)--e-mails and snail mail letters we had sent to each other with my post office/express mail receipts, in addition to my yahoo phone records (which were not complete because my account deleting some of the older month's call histories!), and the travel documents (visas and flight/boarding passes) from the three trips I made to Ghana during our courtship. I sent everything I thought would be helpful, and had no problems at all. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks!

Bolanle & Kingsley's CR1 Timeline

12/19/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

12/21/11: Package delivered

12/23/11: NOA1 via text / Initial review

12/27/11: Check Cashed by USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/10/12: NOA2 via text/email I-130 APPROVED!!!

NVC Process

5/29/12: NVC received our case

6/10/12: Received case#

6/12/12: DS-3032 Email sent

6/12/12: I-864 (AOS) invoice email received

6/15/12: AOS fee paid Online (Paid)

6/21/12: DS-3032 acceptance email received

6/22/12: Immigrant visa fee invoice email received

7/01/12: I-864 (AOS) package sent to NVC

8/24/12: RFE sent to NVC

10/5/12: IV Bill paid

10/20/12: DS-230 package sent to NVC

11/13/12: case complete with NVC

11/26/12: case @ embassy in Nigeria

12/26/12:NTERVIEW SCHEDULED for 01/23/13!!! WHOOOOWHOOO

12/31/12: sent documents needed for interview to hubby through DHL

01/10/13: Hubby medical exam completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.