NoneYa

Zamboanga City - Have you travelled there ?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another bombing overnight in this city. Have you ever travelled to the Zamboangna City area ? This area interest me, maybe because I can't go there. I would think it would be unsafe for a foreigner to travel to this area. I can't imagine an American living there. Have you ever visited? I would love to go there and spend my American money there and see how people live but because of a few terrorist, I do not think that will ever happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/hotel-bomb-kills-3-wounds-27-philippines-070831072.html

Timeline

i never live/visit and i have NO plan to live there also :hehe: why would a person wanna stay in a dangerous place??? cause it's exciting??? (which one hospital<---- :huh: ---> cemetery)i'm sure that people from there wish to live in other place, away from bombing. it's not safe for you to live/stay there especially your a foreigner cause u might kidnapped.

life is short and it's a gift from Him, so don't put yourself in risky place like that :yes:

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

Sorry, if I wasn't clear. I will never go there. I have even vowed not to step foot on Mindanao. I have been told numerous times by many people who live on the island that it is safe and well travelled foreigners who live have said the same. I have also read that there are many military check points and sometimes the check points are rebels... so I'll stay in Cebu and Bohol area when I go.

Timeline

Sorry, if I wasn't clear. I will never go there. I have even vowed not to step foot on Mindanao. I have been told numerous times by many people who live on the island that it is safe and well travelled foreigners who live have said the same. I have also read that there are many military check points and sometimes the check points are rebels... so I'll stay in Cebu and Bohol area when I go.

i visited my granny in Davao and there's military check points also... :blink::wacko: scary!!!

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

I am from Mindanao, Davao City specifically, beautiful and safe (I remember 2-3 bombings within the past 10 years but I haven't heard any lately) ... sure you will see checkpoints, but not usually within the city, checkpoints are located at the borders of the city (north, south, east, west)... I can see foreigners around, I can even see foreigners going outside Davao...

I have been to Zamboanga City... I have spend a few days there, but I don't stand out since I am not white... I did not really feel that I am not safe... its like a typical Mindanao City... but I don't wanna have my husband visit there either, though he went to Molave, Zamboanga del Sur once to visit a friend, its pretty far from Zamboanga City though...

I love Bohol... been there so many times... I do not like metro cebu but I love the other surrounding areas with lesser traffic and people...

I have travelled a lot around the Philippines, the only time that I really felt afraid was when I was in Calbayog City... In Davao I see Army people with big arms, but It is unusual for police to carry big arms... but in Calbayog... their police people is armed and ready... makes me paranoid that there will be a gunfight all of a sudden...

I have travelled a lot around the Philippines, the only time that I really felt afraid was when I was in Calbayog City... In Davao I see Army people with big arms, but It is unusual for police to carry big arms... but in Calbayog... their police people is armed and ready... makes me paranoid that there will be a gunfight all of a sudden...

The mayor of Calbayog was shot and killed last May. Maybe that was the reason ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.