lovelypepy

EAD versus GC...and getting a job.....??

7 posts in this topic

hi everybody, is it truth that the EAD and AOS are processed separated? what does it mean?

Our AOS was approved but we're still waiting for the green card, our biometrics for the ead are this next friday...september the 29th, does it mean that I could get the green card before than the EAD? or I'll get my EAD and then...the green card?

I read somewhere else that there is a couple worried about their EAD, the husband is still waiting for his EAD ,he wants to get a job...but he already has his green card, doesn't the green card aloud you to get a job too?

thank you

:luv:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am under the assumption that EAD is before the Green Card, since our's worked normally my husband recieved his EAD about 1 month before the green card. The EAD is only temporary, The GC is good for 2 years.

Check into the rules and regs at the DHS website.

Links on line...

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Yes, the EAD and AOS are processed separetely, and in different centers. In some areas, it takes a while before the AOS interview so the EAD is *normally* received well before the AOS is approved.

In your case, you could very well receive your green card very soon...but since you may not, and if it isn't too difficult for you to visit the center for biometrics, I would keep the EAD bio appointment. You don't know how long it will take to actually receive the green card and if you don't go to the EAD bio then you will be without either the EAD or GC. It does seem it could be a waste of time in your case to go through the motions for the EAD, but who knows?

If you receive the green card before Friday, then you shouldn't need to go to the EAD bio, and should cancel the appointment. The green card does allow you to work, so you would no longer need the EAD (so unsure why whomever you are referring to is concerned about their EAD if there is already a green card obtained).

Congrats on the approval and hope you receive the GC soon!

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

thank you very very much,you were very helpful, however I've got something else to ask..sorry about so many questions..I meant my case is approved because we were told that we were approved the interview's day...do I need to get a letter saying that my case was approved? because if this is the case...we've got no letter:(:( and I'm still pending...

Yes, the EAD and AOS are processed separetely, and in different centers. In some areas, it takes a while before the AOS interview so the EAD is *normally* received well before the AOS is approved.

In your case, you could very well receive your green card very soon...but since you may not, and if it isn't too difficult for you to visit the center for biometrics, I would keep the EAD bio appointment. You don't know how long it will take to actually receive the green card and if you don't go to the EAD bio then you will be without either the EAD or GC. It does seem it could be a waste of time in your case to go through the motions for the EAD, but who knows?

If you receive the green card before Friday, then you shouldn't need to go to the EAD bio, and should cancel the appointment. The green card does allow you to work, so you would no longer need the EAD (so unsure why whomever you are referring to is concerned about their EAD if there is already a green card obtained).

Congrats on the approval and hope you receive the GC soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

No problem at all...I won't hold you to your promise if you have more :P

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.