privateandprivate

request k1 file transfer but still send on old consulate

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone..

We had our noa2 last nov.4, but before having the the noa2 we already wrote emails to uscis, nvc, manila embassy and riyadh embassy for our request to transfer our case since I am now here in the Philippines. the day we recieved the noa2 my fiance immediately called nvc that he wrote already to manila that we would like our case to be transferred. according to the guy who answered his call, he said no problem, it will be the nvc who will directly send the case to manila, as long long you had a letter to nvc about the request. he said to wait for 2 weeks for us to have the case number. we waited for the case number, then my fiance called on the said day, he asked for the case number, the woman said she cant tell anything to my fiance since his birthday dont match on the records (which is completely absurd coz my fiance had always called uscis, nvc to follow up and his birth date always correct, maybe somehow in processing our case somebody type the wrong number). we send the copy of his passport, drivers license and birth certificate after almost a week it was done, the correction was made.

So, we asked for the case number, they send our case to saudi arabia and giae us the case number in RIYADH!! which we have been informing them not to send it coz we are still waiting for manila embassy to reply to our request. with that they only replied to communicate now in riyadh consulate. we emailed the riyadh consulate and they said they have the file, but it must be the manila who will write a request to them informing them to send the case to manila embassy.

we have tons of emails already to manila, for the said request..and nothing is happening..what are we going to do? i cannot schedule for interview, nor medical exam because what we have is riyadh cse numbr.. pls any advice could really help us

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi privateandprivate. how's the current situation of you case transfer now? we have exactly the same situation, although ours involved Bangkok to Manila. regardless of the location, i think the creeping progress (if there's any) has always been the issue when requesting case transfers.

If you haven't called the Consular Section of the US Embassy in Manila, i suggest you better do NOW. You can't really rely (much expect) any significant/relevant replies from them via emails. Call them during daytime when the line is not yet congested w/ calls to inquire and/or talk to them personally.

This is the contact number: (02) 301 2000 extensions 5184 or 5185. Please update me! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i was already in the same situstion but a little bet different i want to transfer my file from dublin to islamabad while my case was in ap and it was prety simple wrote a letter to islamabad to requested the transfer of my file from dublin which was done and now the gays in islamabad are processing my case

Arif Ali

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.