i'm-in-love

delta airlines

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello :D

i just wanna know if delta airlines is strict/follow their policy regarding with the size of your luggage :huh: i traveled before through British airways going in the Bahamas and they aren't strict with size of your baggage and hand-carry bag :blink:

Size & Weight Restrictions

Regardless of where you're going, you'll want to make sure what you're bringing is allowed.

For carry-on bags your bag must:

Not exceed 45 inches (length+width+height), or 115 cm.

Fit easily in our SizeCheck® unit (approximately 22"x14"x9", or 56x36x23 cm).

Fit in an overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of you.

If your carry-on bag doesn't meet these size restrictions it must be checked, and all checked baggage rules will apply.

To avoid extra charges for oversize or overweight baggage, your checked bag must:

Weigh 50 pounds (23 kg) or less.

Not exceed 62 inches (157 cm) when you total length+width+height.

Special Items

Each special item you're checking counts as one bag.

When checking in online, you don't have to tell us what the special item is—only that you have one.

An agent will determine any possible charges for your special item when you bring it to the baggage drop.

Included are:

Overweight bags - bags over 50 lbs.

Oversize bags - bags over 62 inches (when you total the length+width+height)

Infant and children items - stroller, child restraint seats

Assistive devices - wheelchair

Sports equipment - bicycle, bowling equipment, fishing equipment, golf equipment, ski equipment, parachute, surfboard, windsurf board, scuba tank

Musical instruments

Fragile/bulky items - saddle, antlers, Hawaiian pineapples, military duffle bags

Pets

https://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/checked/size_weight_restrictions/index.jsp

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Timeline

When my fiance left the Philippines, he brought 1 heavy big bag, travelling bag and 3 balikbayan boxes with him. He only paid for the 3rd box, less than P10k. Just make sure they are all within the weight and size so you'll know what to expect and won't bother to unload stuff from 1 box to the other. The hotel we stayed at got a weighing scale so everything is fixed when he left.

They are very only very particular with hand carry bag, the rest will all go through an x-ray machine. They won't ask you to open your stuff up unless they sense something suspicious.

Unlike with Continental, they only allow 1 hand carry bag and a luggage. He was suppose to leave via Continental but switched back to Delta.

You can also check Korean Air. I heard they are lenient with the luggage too.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

When my fiance left the Philippines, he brought 1 heavy big bag, travelling bag and 3 balikbayan boxes with him. He only paid for the 3rd box, less than P10k. Just make sure they are all within the weight and size so you'll know what to expect and won't bother to unload stuff from 1 box to the other.

Unlike with Continental, they only allow 1 hand carry bag and a luggage. He was suppose to leave via Continental but switched back to Delta.

thanks!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

• 2 months later...

When my fiance left the Philippines, he brought 1 heavy big bag, travelling bag and 3 balikbayan boxes with him. He only paid for the 3rd box, less than P10k. Just make sure they are all within the weight and size so you'll know what to expect and won't bother to unload stuff from 1 box to the other. The hotel we stayed at got a weighing scale so everything is fixed when he left.

They are very only very particular with hand carry bag, the rest will all go through an x-ray machine. They won't ask you to open your stuff up unless they sense something suspicious.

Hi there is your fiance a military man? He was allowed to check in so many luggage and only pay the 3rd box...can you tell me specifically how many bags/weight i can bring when i travel to US via delta air...i want to bring our wedding gifts..thanks and God bless! :innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.