TeapotGirl

Philippine Surprises

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah the Panamanian guy was a real hit, Filipinos were totally amazed that he could converse with them. I love the looks on the locals faces when all of the Spanish speaking guys were commuincating and all of them looked different, the Mexico City born Mexican amazed Filipinos also with his red hair, blue eyes, as in totally white and heavy accented English.

I know GMA is in deep doo doo, not very well liked, but I did not know she spoke Spanish.

I do know the Ayala family speaks Spanish at home.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I once took a lady (Caucasian) out to lunch at an Asian Buffet and when we get to the food isle and get to the shrimp tempura she ask "WHAT ARE THOSE BLACK THINGS ON IT" she was referring to the eyes, I almost choked on a Jello :rofl: True some Americans are not used to seeing heads served at the table. My brother in law who is white has his own menu every Sunday dinner at my parents house..mac and cheese for him.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh no, we really do not like heads on any food. I had a friend visit from Manila this past summer, we bought fresh shrimp and as I was cleaning them and removing the heads, she insisted I leave the heads on. Needless to say, we had separate shrimp dishes that night.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh no, we really do not like heads on any food.

Do you know what the "helmet barbecue" is? It's 3 chicken heads on a barbecue stick. Nothing goes to waste here. :devil: Chicken intestine, blood...

I know GMA is in deep doo doo, not very well liked, but I did not know she spoke Spanish.

Ayalas are really Spanish by blood. GMA is a polyglot. She is fluent in different languages Pampageño, Ilokano, Pangasinense, Cebuano, English and Tagalog. It's just they use Spanish when they talk among themselves. Her fluency in different languages is one of the reasons why she's very charming and likable (then), just some media hype now. You know how media turns against you?

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Do you know what the "helmet barbecue" is? It's 3 chicken heads on a barbecue stick. Nothing goes to waste here. :devil: Chicken intestine, blood...

Ayalas are really Spanish by blood. GMA is a polyglot. She is fluent in different languages Pampageño, Ilokano, Pangasinense, Cebuano, English and Tagalog. It's just they use Spanish when they talk among themselves. Her fluency in different languages is one of the reasons why she's very charming and likable (then), just some media hype now. You know how media turns against you?

The Ayalas are German also.

Teapotgurl... I'll pass on the chicken heads, the intestines and that dish you guys have made with pork blood. UGH...Yucky!!!

I still can't in all of these years, eat bolut, nope, not me!

Timeline

Just notice that their (The Ayalas) English accent sounds like Filipino. Those brothers Fernando and Augusto, dang they are hot!!! Not because they're millionaire...I'll shut up now.

Teapotgurl... I'll pass on the chicken heads, the intestines and that dish you guys have made with pork blood. UGH...Yucky!!!

I don't like it either. I feel like I am eating an alarm clock. :rofl:

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

Street food is the shiznet in the Philippines. I just discovered this rice that they cook inside banana leaves and you can buy them with isaw and bbq. They give you a plastic bag so you can eat with your hands. THE BEST!!! Oh and I finally know what Adidas is! I love how you could go to a nice dinner one night and spend a lot and the following night spend 100 pesos plus the cost of red horse. haha

Timeline

For those who doesn't know, that's chicken feet. It's called an Adidas because it looks like the logo of Adidas co.

I did not see the helmet BBQ but saw the intestines, I had initially planned on trying them when I got there in Pinas but had a change of appetite when I finally saw it..lol Now Adidas I like, matter of fact my son and I had some last week (adobo).

Filed: Timeline

Yeah the Panamanian guy was a real hit, Filipinos were totally amazed that he could converse with them. I love the looks on the locals faces when all of the Spanish speaking guys were commuincating and all of them looked different, the Mexico City born Mexican amazed Filipinos also with his red hair, blue eyes, as in totally white and heavy accented English.

GMA is gone. Now they got another wet behind the ears Aquino, Noynoy III.

Timeline

For those who doesn't know, that's chicken feet. It's called an Adidas because it looks like the logo of Adidas co.

I can get chicken feet when I visit my sisters in Atlanta or family in Louisiana, I pass on it there also. But I will have a large bowl of gumbo, a plate of crawfish-etouffe or jambalaya.

Crawfish etouffee

shrimpetouffee-vi.jpg

Gumbo

gumbo-small.jpg

Jambalaya

0000074_300.jpeg

Edited by Leatherneck

Timeline

GMA is gone. Now they got another wet behind the ears Aquino, Noynoy III .

:thumbs:

Oh yeah, I know she is gone. The current administration is looking for dirt on her.

Just notice that their (The Ayalas) English accent sounds like Filipino. Those brothers Fernando and Augusto, dang they are hot!!! Not because they're millionaire...I'll shut up now.

:ot: Fernando is into sports and did the Iron Man Competition in Camarines... but I find Jaime Augusto more charming... hahahaha, I know this is out of topic... I worked in one of the Ayala companies and they are always present in every special event with their father Jaime and sometimes attended meeting with them in attendance. They speak perfect tagalog and yes... they are from Spain but the old man always say he is filipino no matter what he look or speak and yes, he has a Philippine passport.

:ot2: I never had any fish here as fresh as what we have back home... It's either tuna, bass, tilapia, salmon and the squid... geez, don't they know that the black thing inside the squid taste so great if you cook it adobo style???!!! Why do they take the skin off? it taste like gum... :lol:

As for language/dialect, I lived in a boarding house in Makati before where each of us has different language/dialect. Tagalog (Batangas), Ilongo (Iloilo), Waray (Samar) and Visayan (Davao). We make it a point to talk in our language/dialect when we are together and we do understand each other even if we did not speak each other's language (aside from tagalog of course which we all speak but not in batangueno accent) and we consider it fun! it always made the house owner's day... :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

tim was shock in sinigang na bangus that i first time cooked for him,The head of fish is stil on,..i said the heads adds more flavors in the stew.looks odd for him,but common here....mavs

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did not see the helmet BBQ but saw the intestines, I had initially planned on trying them when I got there in Pinas but had a change of appetite when I finally saw it..lol Now Adidas I like, matter of fact my son and I had some last week (adobo).

have you ever tried seeing the bbq blood,they call it betamax i dont know why..dont plan on eating it, :no: its the worse thing. .lol,..yuck!

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Timeline

have you ever tried seeing the bbq blood,they call it betamax i dont know why..dont plan on eating it, :no: its the worse thing. .lol,..yuck!

Chocolate meat?

ETA: Okay, "dried chicken blood". Sounds tasty! :no:

Edited by Crusty Old Perv

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.