GREEN/TRAN

viet nam

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hello ,when i was in vietnam i thought i could go to the counslers office and get the 1-29f but as we were riding people would point and we was directed to a travel place a few blocks away from us couslers office where they help with forms and visa information it cost 200 us dollars and they also help with interview questions and make sure everything is in order.did anyone else go to this service ???if so what do you think about it .it gives my girl alot comfort to call them and tell them whats happening

Filed: Timeline
hello ,when i was in vietnam i thought i could go to the counslers office and get the 1-29f but as we were riding people would point and we was directed to a travel place a few blocks away from us couslers office where they help with forms and visa information it cost 200 us dollars and they also help with interview questions and make sure everything is in order.did anyone else go to this service ???if so what do you think about it .it gives my girl alot comfort to call them and tell them whats happening

From reading posts from my other Viet Nam brothers and sister out there, this was sort of a hit or miss thing when going to them. Your best bet is to get on our regional forums here and do searches as to how/what goes on during the HCMC process. There is loads of information there.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=90

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This I-129F will be completed by the USC (American). Therefore, absolutely no need for getting helps from some vietnamese person at some "service" / coffeeshop!

If you are an american with a reasonable education (HS or GED), with helps from this forum reading the Guides/FAQ's, I believe you will be able to fill out the form and getting things ready to apply/petition for your fiancee's visa.

I really hope and strongly disagree with anyone who encourage our brother/sister to use the service/coffee-shop people in Saigon, near and around the consulate for help in anyway. Period! Anyone disagrees with me, please read up on Mike's story... where the so-called service took out his vital documents (divorce paper) from the "interview package", thinking "Oh, his fiance doesn't need this paper for her interview". Result: Mike's case is in BLUE-Slip Hell right now.

Green/Tran: read up on the Guides and FAQ's. Come back with lot of questions and I am sure people here will be more than happy to assist to their best and share their experience with you.

Good luck, and stay away from those "people who point"

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

"as we were riding people would point and we was directed to a travel place"

What people?

Probably people on the street as they saw that he was an American.

yes exacty i dont know how they knew but my girl was driving the moto bike and i was on back and every opne would point us where to go like they had been expecting us

This I-129F will be completed by the USC (American). Therefore, absolutely no need for getting helps from some vietnamese person at some "service" / coffeeshop!

If you are an american with a reasonable education (HS or GED), with helps from this forum reading the Guides/FAQ's, I believe you will be able to fill out the form and getting things ready to apply/petition for your fiancee's visa.

I really hope and strongly disagree with anyone who encourage our brother/sister to use the service/coffee-shop people in Saigon, near and around the consulate for help in anyway. Period! Anyone disagrees with me, please read up on Mike's story... where the so-called service took out his vital documents (divorce paper) from the "interview package", thinking "Oh, his fiance doesn't need this paper for her interview". Result: Mike's case is in BLUE-Slip Hell right now.

Green/Tran: read up on the Guides and FAQ's. Come back with lot of questions and I am sure people here will be more than happy to assist to their best and share their experience with you.

Good luck, and stay away from those "people who point"

chuck and kim

thanks chuck,at the time i didnt know about this site and we went anyways i was curiuos to see if any one else did

Timeline

BTW: you want to go to the CONSULATE and fill out the I-129F not the counsler nor the 1-29f. You'd never get your honey here HEHEHEHEHEE :D

So, are you straight now? got your petition filed? Keep us update ok!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline
BTW: you want to go to the CONSULATE and fill out the I-129F not the counsler nor the 1-29f. You'd never get your honey here HEHEHEHEHEE :D

So, are you straight now? got your petition filed? Keep us update ok!

im glad you knew what i meant thats great thanks noa 2 sept 13 ill keep you updated you just try figure out what what im reallly sayn and let me know

Timeline

Green/Tran,

This forum will provide you more than enough information and get you to the whole process successfully just like ChuckandKim said. But if you decide to get service to get your fiancee some comforts if you can not be around her. I would recommend you and her to use the IOM service. My fiancee used them and they are very professional. You should not just listen to them. Read this forum and learn from all of us who have been gone through the process. That was what I did.

IOM Working Group, Ho Chi Minh City

1B Pham Ngoc Thach Street,

District 1.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Tel: (+84) 8 8222057, 8222058

Fax:(+84) 8 8221780

Email: hochiminh@iom.int

Nhatrang.

Timeline

02/23/2006...I-129F Sent (VSC)

03/01/2006...NOA1

03/09/2006...NOA2

03/12/2006...Forwarded to NVC

03/14/2006...Received at NVC

03/17/2006...Forwarded to US Consulate in HCMC

04/17/2006...HCMC Consulate Sends Packet 3

05/06/2006...Packet 3 Received

05/08/2006...Packet 3 Doc's Returned to US Consulate in HCMC

06/17/2006...HCMC Consulate Sends Packet 4

06/27/2006...Received Packet 4

07/24/2006...Interview Date!

07/24/2006...Waiting for medical result sent from IOM to HCMC

08/08/2006...HCMC sent Approval Notification letter

08/10/2006...Approved (Pink slip)

08/15/2006...Visa Received

08/22/2006...POE Success (Dulles International Airport)

Timeline

Forewarn: Nhatrang and Green, If you PM Mike72e, he will have something totally different to say about IOM. Just beware! IOM did toss out Mike's vital documents which he included in his fiance's interview package, since some of the IOM staffs did not know which document was what and why it needs to be included. Result: Blue Slip! Just beware!

Timeline
Forewarn: Nhatrang and Green, If you PM Mike72e, he will have something totally different to say about IOM. Just beware! IOM did toss out Mike's vital documents which he included in his fiance's interview package, since some of the IOM staffs did not know which document was what and why it needs to be included. Result: Blue Slip! Just beware!

I second that!!! PM me if you want the details.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Timeline

I second that!!! PM me if you want the details.

thanks for letting us know :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.