no name

moving costs

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks,

You may want to add time to Whites. It is 6 weeks after the boat leaves, no telling when that is.

We waited 12 weeks to get Annies stuff.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

just confirm when the boat is leaving. my info might not work for you, Annie's stuff came to California via the Panama Canal. Your might go to the East coast (more frequent Boats)

Oh yeah, we also had to pay the "import inspection fees" they were not paid by the shipping company.

confirm all details.

Edited by John & Annie

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

How much stuff are you looking to actually ship ?

I brought 3 extra suitcases in addition to the 2 I was allowed on American Airlines. I paid about $170GBP in excess baggage charges and the bags arrived at the same time that I did.

I paid about 150GBP to ship my bike using UPS using a 7 days door to door service but its worth mentioning that if you have a bike properly packed in a bike box or carrier, it can be checked in place of one piece of luggage.

You may be looking to ship far more than would fit in suitcases but if you're just talking clothes / CD's etc.. then I'd contact the airline and inquire about excess baggage limits and charges.

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I used www.excessbaggage.com and we got 8 3CUF boxes and the cost is just over £500, dropped boxes at the house and they got picked up today.

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

Filed: Timeline
I used www.excessbaggage.com and we got 8 3CUF boxes and the cost is just over £500, dropped boxes at the house and they got picked up today.

Thanks, where are you shipping to in America? It will make a difference...

I brought 3 extra suitcases in addition to the 2 I was allowed on American Airlines. I paid about $170GBP in excess baggage charges and the bags arrived at the same time that I did.

I paid about 150GBP to ship my bike using UPS using a 7 days door to door service but its worth mentioning that if you have a bike properly packed in a bike box or carrier, it can be checked in place of one piece of luggage.

You may be looking to ship far more than would fit in suitcases but if you're just talking clothes / CD's etc.. then I'd contact the airline and inquire about excess baggage limits and charges.

He doesn't want to deal with extra bags at the airport. It's mostly books so slow is OK.

Edited by devilette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks, where are you shipping to in America? It will make a difference...

He doesn't want to deal with extra bags at the airport. It's mostly books so slow is OK.

I am moving to Kansas City in Missouri

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

We were quoted over 2,000 pounds to pack, remove, and ship our books, CDs, DVDs, clothing, and kitchen things. We're not bringing any furniture or electronics with us aside from computers (which are being shipped by air minus their hard drives, which are traveling with us on the plane).

Oh, and we'd have to come to Houston to pick our ###### up. They won't deliver it to Dallas.

I think that's a ripoff quote.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

We were quoted over 2,000 pounds to pack, remove, and ship our books, CDs, DVDs, clothing, and kitchen things. We're not bringing any furniture or electronics with us aside from computers (which are being shipped by air minus their hard drives, which are traveling with us on the plane).

Oh, and we'd have to come to Houston to pick our ###### up. They won't deliver it to Dallas.

Who quoted you?

Who quoted you?

Have to get back to you on that.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

That isn't that bad a price. We have been quoted for a 20ft container London - Portland (OR), with all packing and unpacking £5200. All the quotes we got were around the same price.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.