gflower

No Vaccination Records

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm having my medical in London on Monday. I have (pre-historic looking) records of my Diptheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough vaccines from when I was one, but there's no record of my Measles Mumps & Rubella and my family doctor doesn't seem to have them on file even though I had them (according to my mother).

I don't really want to have them again as I don't think thats so healthy so just asking if anyone else had to have them again in their medical because they didn't have proof? Or if there are any peeps from the UK who knows how to track down their lost vaccine records through their NHS number or something. Not quite sure how/if/why to do this.....

Please let me know if you can help!

Thank you :)

Hi everyone!

I'm having my medical in London on Monday. I have (pre-historic looking) records of my Diptheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough vaccines from when I was one, but there's no record of my Measles Mumps & Rubella and my family doctor doesn't seem to have them on file even though I had them (according to my mother).

I don't really want to have them again as I don't think thats so healthy so just asking if anyone else had to have them again in their medical because they didn't have proof? Or if there are any peeps from the UK who knows how to track down their lost vaccine records through their NHS number or something. Not quite sure how/if/why to do this.....

Please let me know if you can help!

Thank you :)

Doesn't really matter if you find them because a DTP from infancy would have to have another. Needs to be no longer than 10 years ago. Get a MMR, Tdap/Td/Dtp (any version or that combo), and a flu shot since it is currently flu season (Oct 1-Mar 31). Tell Knightsbridge you had chickenpox and you are excused from the varicella shot. If you can get those free from NHS before Monday, you are going to be way ahead for AOS. I would even ask Knightsbridge to hold your report until your doctor can fax them that you got immunized. It must be on your Knightsbridge medical report to count for AOS. If you get the shots later you will have to pay a civil surgeon in the US to fill out a new immunization record. Huge hassle!

PS...this is the wrong forum for K1 or UK issues, but somebody will probably move it.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Ask your doc if they can run a titer test for antibodies. That shows either vaccination or exposure by infection itself, based on the antibody levels in the blood.

If the NHS won't run it for you, I'm sure there are labs in the UK that will still provide the service for a fee.

Depending on your age, you could check with the school board for your TB and anything else that was administered via the school. NHS are pretty good about maintaining your accrued records as you move around doctors, so if they say they don't have vaccination history, I'd take their word for it.

Is your mum sure that you didn't have a World Health Organization card that shows any additional vaccinations? I know that most kids born pre-mid-70s were issued with them at the first vaccination, if that helps! :)

PS Nich/Nick is absolutely correct. I had full records of all shots administered and was still advised to have the "booster" shots prior to AoS. If you're marrying into the military, talk to the family clinic on post once you arrive in the US as many of them will issue you the vaccine number and a stamped, dated form confirming you've been immunised. Many shots are not required prior to AoS, but it's certainly a lot cheaper to have them in the UK than here in the US.

Edited by Brit Abroad

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

PS...this is the wrong forum for K1 or UK issues, but somebody will probably move it.

how are you not a moderator yet? you should have the *power*. because you're GREAT!

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

I don't know how old you are but the MMR vaccine hasn't been around that long. My elder son is 24 and he was one of the first to have it. I believe it was introduced in 1988.

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

I didn't have record of my second MMR shot because I received it in school and I guess the NHS never put that in with my other records. So I had to have a *third* shot at the medical. (I did have a very lightly pencilled in "MR" in my handwritten record :unsure: )

If you've never experienced negative effects from vaccinations then I don't think receiving the MMR again will be harmful; however you're right that it's completely medically unnecessary. You could therefore look into blood titres, although with your medical on Monday you may decide it's not worth the delay. According to Wiki the second shot is aimed at the 2-5% of people who don't develop measles immunity after the first shot...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.