13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure if there are anymore on here or not that have filed waivers. There used to be a whole bunch of us but we all got approved and the thread we had kinda died. It's around here somewhere. Maybe someone will come along soon that has filed a waiver. Sorry I couldn't help you out any on your question.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

There are lots of CDJ filers over at immigrate2us.com - perhaps they can help you with the info you need. :)

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

Embassy at Juarez Mexico.

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

• 2 weeks later...

Let me begin by saying, I am extremely paranoid and prepare for a laugh when reading this post. :lol:

I applied for a K1 visa for my fiance from Mexico.

I decided to post on this particular topic forum because I am already worried that my fiance may need a waiver. I am worried he may end up having tuberculosis. The reason I say this is because I know a handful of people (either in Mexico-my own family members or friends) who were all born in Mexico and have all tested positive for a tb test and have all needed to get chest x-rays done etc (none of this are applying for a visa or anything). I am just worried cause I notice this strange trend with people from Mexico all receiving positive tb test readings. I am just really scared and wouldn't want my fiance to be denied at the interview for having this. I have no idea if he has it or not, like I said I am extremely paranoid.

A question I have: what can my fiance do to determine if he has active tuberculosis? If he takes a tb skin test and the results are positive, does this mean he may have it and should take a chest x-ray? I want him to go to his own doctor before his interview just in case to find out. If he were to have it, I believe I would file an I-601 waiver, right? I just couldn't be able to risk a chance for denial for him or having to file a waiver which will postpone his arrival in the U.S. since he would have to make another trip to CDJ for another interview.

WHat do you guys think? Try to bare with my paranoia. My fiance says this whole process is driving me crazy and I'm starting to believe it may be. :yes:

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Let me begin by saying, I am extremely paranoid and prepare for a laugh when reading this post. :lol:

I applied for a K1 visa for my fiance from Mexico.

I decided to post on this particular topic forum because I am already worried that my fiance may need a waiver. I am worried he may end up having tuberculosis. The reason I say this is because I know a handful of people (either in Mexico-my own family members or friends) who were all born in Mexico and have all tested positive for a tb test and have all needed to get chest x-rays done etc (none of this are applying for a visa or anything). I am just worried cause I notice this strange trend with people from Mexico all receiving positive tb test readings. I am just really scared and wouldn't want my fiance to be denied at the interview for having this. I have no idea if he has it or not, like I said I am extremely paranoid.

A question I have: what can my fiance do to determine if he has active tuberculosis? If he takes a tb skin test and the results are positive, does this mean he may have it and should take a chest x-ray? I want him to go to his own doctor before his interview just in case to find out. If he were to have it, I believe I would file an I-601 waiver, right? I just couldn't be able to risk a chance for denial for him or having to file a waiver which will postpone his arrival in the U.S. since he would have to make another trip to CDJ for another interview.

WHat do you guys think? Try to bare with my paranoia. My fiance says this whole process is driving me crazy and I'm starting to believe it may be. :yes:

1st off...Relax. :) This is going to be a painful ride, but perfect in the end. It will make you guys stronger. You are here on JV and we all are in (or have been) in the same boat. You are free to vent, comment, laugh, and cry. We will support you 100%.

Now...about TB. The US Embassy will require their own medical team to do a TB test on your guy. If it is negative then there will be no problem. If it is positive then that isn't a problem either (relatively speaking, of course. TB is VERY serious). The doctor will prescribe medicine that SHOULD clear everything up. Then at the end of treatment he will go back to the US Embassy doctor to make sure he is all clear. Once the doctor clears him you two are free to go to the interview. In Ukraine (where TB is relatively common as well) the doctors did a chest x-ray no matter what. I am not sure if that is the case with all embassies, although I suspect it is.

Joel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes cutie - this process is getting the best of you. Do you have any reason to even suspect that your fiance has TB? Does he have symptoms? To each your mind, perhaps he can go for a physical with his local doctor before his medical in CDJ.

Thanks Joel for the quick response

I know the U.S. Embassy in Mexico (CDJ) will require their own medical, I know I can't do anything about that. I just wanted to know if he actually went to his personal doctor and the results were positive, if he could start taking medicine and then present proof of this exam and the medicine he was taking to the U.S. embassy in Mexico. Would this be considered valid so that he can come immediately after (I mean if he's approved).?

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Timeline
Thanks Joel for the quick response

I know the U.S. Embassy in Mexico (CDJ) will require their own medical, I know I can't do anything about that. I just wanted to know if he actually went to his personal doctor and the results were positive, if he could start taking medicine and then present proof of this exam and the medicine he was taking to the U.S. embassy in Mexico. Would this be considered valid so that he can come immediately after (I mean if he's approved).?

It would not be a bad idea. Make sure he is clear. Then the Embassy doctors will STILL do their own test. It should STILL come out clean. Go for it! Better safe the sorry. With this process it is better to be over prepared then under. :)

Joel

kitkat,

I know I need to relax, that's what my fiance tells me. No I don't have any reasons to suspect that he has TB he hasn't shown any symptoms, I am just going a bit insane here. Yeah, I will definately have him go see his personal doctor before he takes off to CDJ. You know something even funnier, the I-129F hasn't even been approved yet, no NOA2 yet and I'm already freaking out! :D

Timeline
kitkat,

I know I need to relax, that's what my fiance tells me. No I don't have any reasons to suspect that he has TB he hasn't shown any symptoms, I am just going a bit insane here. Yeah, I will definately have him go see his personal doctor before he takes off to CDJ. You know something even funnier, the I-129F hasn't even been approved yet, no NOA2 yet and I'm already freaking out! :D

Bad news - You are in for a long and frustrating ride.

Good news - We are here for you.

Joel

I know thanks guys, I don't know what I would do without all of you here at VJ.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.