CinthiaFL717

I-864 Form/IV bill printed out today

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I just got off the phone with an NVC operator who said that Affidavit of Support forms are being printed out today and they will be mailed this week, same thing for the IV visa bill, is this the same thing as being generated?, should i go ahead and send Affidavit of support forms or wait for them to arrive by mail? :huh:

**Helping my brother with his F2A visa petition for his wife in Ecuador*

USCIS PROCESS

• 3/24/15 - sent I-130 package via FedEx priority
  • 4/04/15 - NOA1 received
  • 5/07/15 - NOA2 received **Priority date 3/25/15**
  • 6/09/15 - NVC email with case & invoice # (no further processing until case is current)
  • 1/20/16 - NVC welcome letter rcvd , along with AOS invoice
  • 1/21/16 - Agent of choice sent
  • 2/02/16 - IV Fee invoice rcvd
  • 2/05/16 - Paid AOS & IV Fees
  • 2/10/16 - DS-260 completed and submitted
  • 2/10/16 - AOS & Civil supporting docs sent to NVC via FedEx
  • 2/12/16 - docs arrived to NVC
  • 2/17/16 - NVC Scan Date (letter via email stating all docs rcvd on 2/12 , will take 30 days to review docs.)
  • 3/15/16 - Case Complete via phone
  • 3/22/16 - Case Complete via email
  • xx/xx/xx Interview Date Received
  • xx/xx/xx NVC shipped out case to Embassy
  • Embassy
  • xx/xx/xx Medical Completed
  • xx/xx/xx Package received at Embassy
  • xx/xx/xx Interview result
  • xx/xx/xx Visa in hand
  • 3/18/16 ...<---to this date April Visa bulletin currently processing 10/22/14 - F2A category (5 months till PD is current)

I just got off the phone with an NVC operator who said that Affidavit of Support forms are being printed out today and they will be mailed this week, same thing for the IV visa bill, is this the same thing as being generated?, should i go ahead and send Affidavit of support forms or wait for them to arrive by mail? :huh:

You can fill out the I-864 and gather everything needed for I-864, then mail them to NVC now. But for IV Bill, you have to wait for the mail to receive it, since there is no shortcut for it.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You can fill out the I-864 and gather everything needed for I-864, then mail them to NVC now. But for IV Bill, you have to wait for the mail to receive it, since there is no shortcut for it.

Thanks i will do that, is it ok if i send I-864 overnight?, after i receive DS-230 is it ok to use James shortcuts?/ :(

**Helping my brother with his F2A visa petition for his wife in Ecuador*

USCIS PROCESS

• 3/24/15 - sent I-130 package via FedEx priority
  • 4/04/15 - NOA1 received
  • 5/07/15 - NOA2 received **Priority date 3/25/15**
  • 6/09/15 - NVC email with case & invoice # (no further processing until case is current)
  • 1/20/16 - NVC welcome letter rcvd , along with AOS invoice
  • 1/21/16 - Agent of choice sent
  • 2/02/16 - IV Fee invoice rcvd
  • 2/05/16 - Paid AOS & IV Fees
  • 2/10/16 - DS-260 completed and submitted
  • 2/10/16 - AOS & Civil supporting docs sent to NVC via FedEx
  • 2/12/16 - docs arrived to NVC
  • 2/17/16 - NVC Scan Date (letter via email stating all docs rcvd on 2/12 , will take 30 days to review docs.)
  • 3/15/16 - Case Complete via phone
  • 3/22/16 - Case Complete via email
  • xx/xx/xx Interview Date Received
  • xx/xx/xx NVC shipped out case to Embassy
  • Embassy
  • xx/xx/xx Medical Completed
  • xx/xx/xx Package received at Embassy
  • xx/xx/xx Interview result
  • xx/xx/xx Visa in hand
  • 3/18/16 ...<---to this date April Visa bulletin currently processing 10/22/14 - F2A category (5 months till PD is current)

Thanks i will do that, is it ok if i send I-864 overnight?, after i receive DS-230 is it ok to use James shortcuts?/ :(

Yes, you can overnight the I-864, but make sure you include every required documents with I-864. You can have the DS 230 ready now and when NVC will generate the DS 230, you can send the one that you prepared before in order to save time. But the DS 230 part I must be signed by the benecifiary. While you can prepare it, it has to be signed by the foreign alien beneficiary. You can download the DS 230 part I and II from this website (Gallery downloads, then K-3 Forms) and fill it out right on the computer, print it out and have part I signed by the beneficiary.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.