CarolineM

DVT

19 posts in this topic

Make sure you are active the days before you fly too. Go for long walks or something. Instead of sitting around waiting for your plane to board, take lots of walks around the airport. If you need to get up a lot ask for an aisle seat so you don't bug people. I get up every hour and move around the plane while others just lounge and can barely be arsed to get up for the loo even once. They're the foolish people! Take extra water with you. The amount they serve just isn't enough. I usually drink 3-4 litres on an 8 hour flight and I feel great at the end of it while everyone else looks knackered. And when you arrive try and go for a little walk in the fresh air to move those pins (legs) again.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

My first and only flight to the US my ankles swelled up a beauty on the return trip especially. I was lapping that plane and it wasnt helping one lil bit. I was in a right panic about it too. The flight attendants where going OMG at my ankles but nothing seemed to work. I am stressing a lil about this for my trip back there. I know I spent the 3 months I was there on my a$$ a lot as we were doing a lot of driving all over the US...but in comparison I been doing a lot more sitting on my a$$ with VJ for 8 months now :o

Ok so what you all thnk.....will those compression stocking thingys do the trick?

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I actually had this once a long time ago, it was when i was pregnant with my son. The doctor told me the reason why I got once was because I sat at work for long periods of time without getting up and also my legs would dangle sometimes off the chair. I sat in a very high chair. Also, being pregnant didn't help matters any. It is very important to keep the circulation going in your legs. I had to be hospitalized and take special medication to thin my blood, it was given through an IV, then I had to take it by mouth when I went home. Not a very pleasant experience to say the least.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you want to avoid a DVT, do your foot and leg exercises and most importantly, drink a lot of water and NO ALCOHOL. Getting dehyrated makes the blood 'stickier'... you're not likely to get a DVT sitting at your office desk unless you have some other predisposing factor. I was worried about the plane flight from Australia to the US but I got up every few hours and stretched, and I wiggled around in my seat and drank stacks of water and I was fine.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!