^_^

Poll: Romney retakes lead in GOP race, Gingrich moves to second

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

WASHINGTON — The Republican presidential race is being shaken up again, with Mitt Romney retaking the lead, Newt Gingrich surging into second place, and Herman Cain dropping to third place, according to a new McClatchy-Marist poll released Friday.

The breakdown of the poll:

— Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, 23 percent;

—Gingrich, the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, 19 percent;

—Cain, the former restaurant executive, 17 percent;

—Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, 10 percent;

—Gov. Rick Perry of Texas, 8 percent;

—Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, 5 percent;

—Former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, 1 percent;

—Former Gov. Jon Huntsman of Utah, 1 percent;

—Undecided, 17 percent.

The survey of 347 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents was conducted Tuesday-Thursday and had a margin of error of plus or minus 5.5 percentage points.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/11/11/130058/poll-romney-retakes-lead-in-gop.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Gary is gonna be very upset. He predicts a Cain GOP victory and then a Cain presidency.

Looks like Cain is gonna drop and the next guy for Romney to dismantle from top spot will be Gingrich, Newton Leroy

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Gary is gonna be very upset. He predicts a Cain GOP victory and then a Cain presidency.

Looks like Cain is gonna drop and the next guy for Romney to dismantle from the top will be Gingrich, Newton Leroy

Romney didn't dismantle Perry or Cain, they dismantled themselves. The passive approach may not work with Gingrich. He's already been through the whole Tiffany's thing and no one remembers anymore.

Romney didn't dismantle Perry or Cain, they dismantled themselves. The passive approach may not work with Gingrich. He's already been through the whole Tiffany's thing and no one remembers anymore.

I think there are many other fun aspects of The Newt that will get the spotlight as he rises in the polls. Romney's issue is that he can't get past the low to mid 20's. His upside is that as long as the wingnuts stay put, they'll split the nutty vote and Mitt comes out ahead.

Until the Tea Party freaks realize that Newt is the ultimate Washington insider. Newt is the very establishment that they're so against.

But, he is a Southerner, and that plays much better in the rest of the country, than a Yankee would.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Serious question:

Is there an advantage I'm unaware of to Google+ vs Facebook?

I'm on FB mainly because it's where my kids hang out and my only way to keep in touch with them.

I've had a few friends send me invitations to G+ that I've ignored so far.

Am I missing anything?

Timeline

Serious question:

Is there an advantage I'm unaware of to Google+ vs Facebook?

I'm on FB mainly because it's where my kids hang out and my only way to keep in touch with them.

I've had a few friends send me invitations to G+ that I've ignored so far.

Am I missing anything?

I haven't used it for more than 10 minutes.

They have circles of friends so you can make posts and easily block your relatives. That is about the only difference I know that is better than Facebook.

However, I did create a Twitter account and it is a phenomenal news source. I mean just top of the line. I'm subscribed to all sorts of news agencies and bloggers that post the latest news.

Roughly every 5 seconds I get an update.

You will not find a faster place for breaking news or direct links to news articles that the person Tweeting found interesting. The second it breaks it's on Twitter. They only have to make a short headline vs. by the time an entire article is written and hits the rest of the web.

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You will not find a faster place for breaking news or direct links to news articles that the person Tweeting found interesting. The second it breaks it's on Twitter. They only have to make a short headline vs. by the time an entire article is written and hits the rest of the web.

Thanks. Although for events-driven trading I betcha these guys will beat a Twitter feed by a long shot:

http://www.seleritycorp.com/index.php?page=the-selerity-platform

Low Latency Event Data

Selerity’s ultra-low latency platform delivers truly machine-readable event data immediately as events are breaking. Using proprietary low latency search and extrac­tion technology, combined with human analysts, the platform pulls market-moving, factual information from primary sources and other media. Selerity’s product offering is ideal for programmatic traders looking to incorporate market-moving events into their automated trading and risk management models. Selerity offers the following market-moving data.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Polling is imperfect but some people waste a part of their life looking at them. Then they post them next to each other giving conflicting results and discuss the merits of each. :lol: The ones most interested are the lifeless souls that would never vote for ANY of the candidates in the poll.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Polling is imperfect but some people waste a part of their life looking at them. Then they post them next to each other giving conflicting results and discuss the merits of each. :lol: The ones most interested are the lifeless souls that would never vote for ANY of the candidates in the poll.

Keep telling yourself that. Cain will probably end up 4th place among the GOP! He's toast! A month from now he'll be tied with Bachmann!

rofl.gif

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1