evergreen

Augh!!! Interview Friday, No W2!!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We have an interview on Friday in Montreal for my husband's I130/CR1. I was going over all of our documents tonight, and I realized that, although I have paystubs, a letter from my employer, and a tax return, I do not have a W2!

It looks to me like your tax return MUST be accompanied by a W2.

Help! Has anyone gone to an interview without a W2? What's the fastest way to get another copy of your W2? My employer is in town, but payroll is done at a corporate office several states away. There is an IRS office about 30 miles from me, but on their website they say they can only provide copies of tax documents in the event of emergency. Is this considered an emergency?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

If your that close to IRS I would just see if you could get a copy of your tax transcripts made up - I thought I read somewhere here that W2s are not necessary to accomplany tax transcripts (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But, getting the transcript wouldn't hurt at this point.

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I never had my wife's W2 for my interview in Vancouver for my K-1 Visa nor was I asked for it ...

However I did need the W2's for my I-485 (AOS) application once I was down here in the US ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

If you read the I-864, a W-2 is required if you are submitting a copy of your tax return or are submitting a joint tax return and only wish to include your income.

If you have tax transcripts, then a W-2 is not required.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't submit transcripts from the IRS - just a copy of my tax return from my files.

BUT I did get my W2 today! I called my former employer and they said that don't generate W2s, the corporate offices do, but they have all of their employees 2005 and later W2s on a website called www.w2express.com. So, I went on the website, printed copies of my W2, and I'm all set!

Friday Friday Friday I may be finally bringing my husband home to live with me for good!

:dance:(L):dance:(L)

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad you got what you needed without too much hassle and best wishes for the interview! :)

Days until our 3rd Wedding Anniversary[br].png

UMjx.jpg.png

Kim(Canada)Lee(WA)

Met online June 14/02

Spent an incredible week together in BC Aug 23/02

I went to NY to see my sweetie and meet his family Oct/02

Spent our first Xmas together Dec 24/02

He proposed!!! Dec 26/02

He visits for a week after 5 long months apart May/03

Lee moves from NJ to WA state to be closer to me Oct 29/03

We got married!!! Feb 28/04

Our son Ethan was born!!! Aug 17/04

Got our visas Aug 1/06 !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.