badbeatjackpot

my wife filed for removal of conditions but then left me

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

my wife filed for removal of conditions, but this is based on her being married to me and living here also. Should I contact immigration and let them know that the information on her application is no longer accurate. I am also going to be filing for divorce because i dont want unfinished business to haunt me later on. I would like to wrap it up as soon as is possible.

Her actions after leaving me lead me to believe that she wasnt sincere, but I am sure every husband would feel that way. She made no attempt to work it out.

What should I do???

my wife filed for removal of conditions, but this is based on her being married to me and living here also. Should I contact immigration and let them know that the information on her application is no longer accurate. I am also going to be filing for divorce because i dont want unfinished business to haunt me later on. I would like to wrap it up as soon as is possible.

Her actions after leaving me lead me to believe that she wasnt sincere, but I am sure every husband would feel that way. She made no attempt to work it out.

What should I do???

Hey, I don't claim to be an expert at anything regarding this, but the "removal of conditions" is supposed to be a JOINT petition, unless she has a divorce decree or "proof" of an abusive relationship, so I'm not sure how she could file without you, but hey...

If you go look at the I-751 at: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-751.htm

it says:

If you are still married, the petition should be filed jointly by you and the spouse through whom you obtained conditional status. However, you may apply for a waiver of this joint filing requirement if:

- You entered the marriage in good faith, but your spouse subsequently died;

- You entered the marriage in good faith, but the marriage was later terminated due to divorce or annulment;

- The termination of your status and removal would result in extreme hardship.

- You entered the marriage in good faith and have remained married, but have been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse; or

- The termination of your status and removal would result in extreme hardship.

So those are the only ways she could file without your jointly petitioning, by requesting a waiver for those reasons.

If you didn't sign or participate in the petition, she's going to need a waiver to file by herself. Do you think she forged your signature on this document?

Again, I suggest you check with your immigration attorney and you can always get a second opinion if you're unsure of what she's telling you...

If you are separated and/or filing for divorce, there's certainly nothing to stop you from contacting the USCIS and reporting the change in status of your relationship and marriage, but again, an immigration attorney is likely your best source of information to make an informed decision

-- Dan

We were together when she filed the application and she left afterwards...

so the application is now not correct...

Ask Purrsuede, he's the expert on this kind of thing.

So she remained in the marriage long enough to gain your endorsement on the I-751 (joint submission) and then promptly left?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

So she remained in the marriage long enough to gain your endorsement on the I-751 (joint submission) and then promptly left?

That would describe it ... yes I was surprised that she wouldnt wait for it to go through, but I think she had been wanting to leave for so long, she couldnt stand it any more and took off.

That would describe it ... yes I was surprised that she wouldnt wait for it to go through, but I think she had been wanting to leave for so long, she couldnt stand it any more and took off.

If you indeed initiate divorce, you could inform the local district office that you are in a divorce and when final you would like the joint petition withdrawn, if it has not yet been adjudicated.

"diaddie mermaid"

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

What's up with your other post ? You are wanting to petition another fiane before you

are even divorced ? You want to consider marrying already after your wife just left?

Clarify please ! If you had another fiance on the side it is no wonder that your current wife left.

Did you have several in case one won't work out or whaaaaat?????

I don't have the facts but your 2 posts are not making sense.

What's up with your other post ? You are wanting to petition another fiane before you

are even divorced ? You want to consider marrying already after your wife just left?

Clarify please ! If you had another fiance on the side it is no wonder that your current wife left.

Omoba is referring to this thread in the other forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33808

I have been looking at processing times, and what I looked at seemed to indicate that the K-3 visa is moving as fast as the k-1

Im trying to decide whether to marry my fiance in the Philippines or to bring her here on a k-1

We would prefer a marriage over there... even if it took an extra month or two for her to get here.

Any thoughts from anyone on this????

So color me confused as well, because the thread in this forum opens:

What should I do???

Personally, I would recommend getting divorced before you file a K-1 for someone else, in fact, ethically and morally you might want to consider at least making sure the ink is dry on your divorce decree...

Ya think?? Sounds like you've got LOTS of unfinished business that is likely to haunt you...

-- Dan

I started chatting with someone AFTER the wife left ok ???

and yes I would wait till the divorce is final..... duh

Omoba is referring to this thread in the other forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33808

I have been looking at processing times, and what I looked at seemed to indicate that the K-3 visa is moving as fast as the k-1

Im trying to decide whether to marry my fiance in the Philippines or to bring her here on a k-1

We would prefer a marriage over there... even if it took an extra month or two for her to get here.

So color me confused as well, because the thread in this forum opens:

What should I do???

Personally, I would recommend getting divorced before you file a K-1 for someone else, in fact, ethically and morally you might want to consider at least making sure the ink is dry on your divorce decree...

Ya think?? Sounds like you've got LOTS of unfinished business that is likely to haunt you...

-- Dan

some men grieve ....... I upgrade

What should I do???

What should I do???

I have to admit, I'm not in the habit of researching a member before answereing a particular question, and in this case, had I done so, it might have changed my initial response. Since you are intent on pursuing another sponsorship (I take it that the wanting to wrap things up so they don't haunt you was a euphemisim for closing one chapter to enable you to start another petition) then my recommendation would be to just get the divorce underway so that you can have a decree available to pursue your next petition. I'd not even visit the issue of whether your current wife was genuine in her intentions. Seems to me that could open a whole other line of questioning with USCIS that would only serve to complicate the next submission.

The remark of upgrading versus grieving, that might have been construed by other members as flippant, may be a valiant attempt on your part to justify, to yourself, why you are moving into another relationship so quickly. Naturally, no justification is required for us, but as a word to the wise, allow the ending of your current marriage to settle in absent any other distractions. All endings to relationships require a certain amount of time for grieving, and if you don't give yourself that much, it could manifest itself later in ways you might not have imagined. I take it you love this other woman and wish to be together as soon as is practical, and if this is the right relationship, based on the correct dynamics, compatibility and depth of interest, she'll give you all the time you need to bounce back from this liitle hiccup in your life. You'll be doing yourself a favour, and your future bride. :)

"diaddie mermaid"

Hey, you gave no indication of what your current timeline or anything else was, only opened two threads at the same time, indicating two different courses of actions you were taking, apparently simultaneously...

Your first post seemed to indicate you and your ex- had JUST filed "lifting of conditions" and she had JUST left, while the other post seemed to indicate you were all ready to do a K-1 or K-3.

In fact, I was just hoping you'd clarify the whole thing for others who were also confused about what was going on with you.

my wife filed for removal of conditions, but this is based on her being married to me and living here also.

What should I do???

These two posts were filed within two hours of each other, and you give no indication of where you were in either process, so don't blame me if others see red flags in both your statements side by side...

I realize fully that some people feel the best thing to do when thrown is to get right back on the horse and ride, however, that being said...

You upgrade your burger-meal, you upgrade your automobile, you upgrade your software...

another relationship with another human being is usually not referred to as an "upgrade" and likely won't win you many points (nor sympathy) with many around here.

What should I do???

You might also want to look up the IMBRA regulations regarding multiple K-1s as well, since you haven't indicated if there were any previous "upgrades" as well...

And I still suggest you let the ink dry on your divorce decree before you announce someone else as your fiancee. I also don't know what the divorce laws are of the state you are living in, so you may find it takes time to finalize the divorce decree.

Other than that, I don't think you've been totally upfront with your entire situation(s).

I'll be the first one to say there's nothing wrong with hoping to find another relationship, however, as I said, and I speak from experience... I made sure the ink was dry on my divorce before I made any effort to spend time dialoging with anyone else... but that's just me, your mileage can and will vary...

-- Dan

you are right about all you say

I cant help it if God sent somebody to be my friend and that we may be making some future plans

of course im going to take care of the divorce and present troubles...

My present wife has been gone a long time.... in mind and heart... she only took her body away recently..

truthfully she was never with me anyways.... I know that... and thats why its so easy to move on

i was just her ticket to a green card.. pretty easy to get over that

and also it helps a lot because you recognize a genuine person because of some of the huge differences in the character and speech..

Hey, you gave no indication of what your current timeline or anything else was, only opened two threads at the same time, indicating two different courses of actions you were taking, apparently simultaneously...

Your first post seemed to indicate you and your ex- had JUST filed "lifting of conditions" and she had JUST left, while the other post seemed to indicate you were all ready to do a K-1 or K-3.

In fact, I was just hoping you'd clarify the whole thing for others who were also confused about what was going on with you.

my wife filed for removal of conditions, but this is based on her being married to me and living here also.

What should I do???

These two posts were filed within two hours of each other, and you give no indication of where you were in either process, so don't blame me if others see red flags in both your statements side by side...

I realize fully that some people feel the best thing to do when thrown is to get right back on the horse and ride, however, that being said...

You upgrade your burger-meal, you upgrade your automobile, you upgrade your software...

another relationship with another human being is usually not referred to as an "upgrade" and likely won't win you many points (nor sympathy) with many around here.

What should I do???

You might also want to look up the IMBRA regulations regarding multiple K-1s as well, since you haven't indicated if there were any previous "upgrades" as well...

And I still suggest you let the ink dry on your divorce decree before you announce someone else as your fiancee. I also don't know what the divorce laws are of the state you are living in, so you may find it takes time to finalize the divorce decree.

Other than that, I don't think you've been totally upfront with your entire situation(s).

I'll be the first one to say there's nothing wrong with hoping to find another relationship, however, as I said, and I speak from experience... I made sure the ink was dry on my divorce before I made any effort to spend time dialoging with anyone else... but that's just me, your mileage can and will vary...

-- Dan

Good luck in your new journey. I'm glad there is something bright on the horizon for you. Just go slowly, for your own sake. Bear in mind that when you met your former wife what you see today may not have been quite so evident then. I little old Slavic lady once told me, "you don't really know someone until you've eaten a pound of salt together" ;)

"diaddie mermaid"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.